View Full Version : Anyone know where to find turning target plans?

cj cake
11-01-2009, 7:53 PM
I want to build a pistol target that is turns. I have done some searching, but have not found and good plans or pictures. Does anyone know where I can find a set of plans or at least some detailed pictures to try to copy?

Something along the lines of this.

Not a fancy multiple target automated system, just the frame and stand that I can try to make at home. I will try to install at mechanism to turn it, maybe a spring loaded target and I just have to pull a pin.

11-01-2009, 9:24 PM
Spinning target? Get some ribar, cut 2 un equal length rods. Weld them to a ring, and weld a steel target disk to each rod. You can do equal length but just make sure ths disks are different weights. The heavy one will stay down, but will spin when shot.
I don't know how to do the fancy graphics on the computer buy I can draw up something and send it. It's bucket psychics, some steel and a welding machine.

11-02-2009, 6:46 AM
i just made some cheap spinning targets. these were small rimfire type things but principal is the same. got some cheapo hinges, .90cents. some 3/8" soilid round stock. tap out the pin in the hinge so you have 2. bend stock to 90degree. put half of hte hinge on bend other side 90degree. than weld target to hinge. tada. total cost $10 for 3 targets.

i will get some pictures when i get back from work. lazy right now.