PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Shooting

Rusty Shackleford
11-01-2009, 7:40 PM
A lady who lives in my complex is a driver for disabled children and takes the bus home with her. She has to park on the street because the complex will not allow the bus inside. On the way to breakfast with my girlfriend I noticed a large window on the bus was broken. I went and told my neighbor about it and figured it was a dumb kid who threw a rock through the window.

Later, I come to find out the police came out. There was actually 2 windows broken. The shot went through the passenger side to the driver side. The police found a shell casing. Someone stood on the sidewalk and fired into the bus, just feet away.

I am unhappy to have things like this happen, so close. I hope they find a fingerprint on the casing. Time to look into moving.

Clayface
11-01-2009, 8:32 PM
Wow. That's just senseless. Most likely police will brush it there's isn't a solid lead.

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 8:38 PM
At least it was a window on the bus and not a house with someone on the other side of it.

locosway
11-01-2009, 9:54 PM
It's a good thing AB962 passed, this will not happen once that law goes into effect.. :rolleyes:

audihenry
11-01-2009, 10:01 PM
It's a good thing AB962 passed, this will not happen once that law goes into effect.. :rolleyes:

Is it really necessary to bring this kind of crap into every thread about some shooting somewhere? Christ.

locosway
11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Is it really necessary to bring this kind of crap into every thread about some shooting somewhere? Christ.

What crap? There's no witness, no gun, only a casing. This law is specifically targeting ammunition, so I see it as being relevant.

What's your problem?

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM

If it was a hand gun case then yes.

locosway
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
If it was a hand gun case then yes.

I think we're to put out heads in the sand and hope it goes away...

I'd rather keep talking about it so people don't forget, especially in cases like this. If it was a 9mm, and you purchased 9mm yesterday, you may get a knock on your door that night and have your weapons taken for "inspection".

Especially since you saw the crime scene, I mean, that puts you at the scene maybe within minutes of it happening.

Guns R Tools
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
No one heard gunshot?

What the hell was the shooter shooting at? Makes you wonder.

CalNRA
11-02-2009, 12:35 AM
WTF?

Turbinator
11-02-2009, 6:53 AM

Why not? Aren't you too frustrated that such a nonsense bill passed into law?

Turby