PDA

View Full Version : anybody buy ammo at sportsman guide?

Bucky G
11-01-2009, 6:39 PM
seems like decent prices
Wolf 60 - gr. 5.45x39 hollowpoint ammo
500 rounds - $114.97

just wondering if anybody had a good experience and if they ship quickly

thanks

HKROB
11-01-2009, 6:45 PM
I use to buy alot of ammo from them afew years ago.I stopped buying from sportmens guide when I found out thet were anti california.Midway USA gets most of my orders now.

Spyder
11-01-2009, 6:47 PM
Yea, I've gotten lots of steel cased .223, .308 and 7.62x39 from them. Haven't had a problem yet.

hudsonaj36
11-01-2009, 6:51 PM
Well they sell ammo to cali. and its way cheaper than midway, especialy if you include shipping. That is friendly enough for me!

Bucky G
11-01-2009, 6:52 PM
thanks!

I joined their club, thirty bucks and you get free shipping and 10% off orders

Nxd9ar15xcrL
11-01-2009, 7:39 PM
I tried ordering from them and they wouldn't send it to me... However other suppliers do??? Natchezz, Ammuition to Go, Cabela's

hpearce
11-01-2009, 7:43 PM
I buy from them from time to time.
Not so much since the ammo shortage.
But they tend to have good prices.
I consult their stock when I purchase.
Thanks

rg_1111@yahoo.com
11-01-2009, 7:44 PM
Yeah, Kinda slow shipping tho.

Bucky G
11-01-2009, 8:07 PM
I tried ordering from them and they wouldn't send it to me... However other suppliers do??? Natchezz, Ammuition to Go, Cabela's

what did they say?

someR1
11-01-2009, 8:21 PM
sh1tty service. Bought 7.62x54 when it was "in stock" as listed. few days later checked the order status and it said "out of order. expected arrival oct29". needless to say i canceled my order right then and ordered from JGsales.

also, i hear their descriptions are false and deceiving in many situations.

I had great service and pricing with Ammoman and JGsales.

drummerdude1188
11-01-2009, 8:26 PM
used to buy from them years ago when they actually had good prices, now you can find most things cheaper elsewhere

myfavoritecar
11-01-2009, 8:54 PM
I bought some golden bear 7.62x39 a year back and just put an order to 45apc and 9mm Luger. good service and good prices. they have 5000 rounds Centurion 22LR Hi velocity for 164.97. but it's back ordered till Jan 10th or so.

Sheldon
11-01-2009, 9:27 PM
I'm on backorder for a bunch of .22 rimfire since March. If they have it in stock and you see it's a good price, get it.

Bucky G
11-01-2009, 9:42 PM
sh1tty service. Bought 7.62x54 when it was "in stock" as listed. few days later checked the order status and it said "out of order. expected arrival oct29". needless to say i canceled my order right then and ordered from JGsales.

also, i hear their descriptions are false and deceiving in many situations.

I had great service and pricing with Ammoman and JGsales.

not good
the web page says in stock
I'll recheck tomorrow

thanks

caldude
11-01-2009, 9:45 PM
I'll buy from them if they have the best prices, or what I want in stock. I haven't had any issues with them.

TJCamro
11-02-2009, 7:56 AM
I have ordered from them 3 times now and the shipping and service has been great. My ammo has been here within 7 days of ordering when in stock. I have been fortunate that everything has been in stock.

Bucky G
11-02-2009, 8:06 PM
I checked the order status and it said to call them
I called them, they were verifying my address because they had listed my po box instead of my physical
anyway, the lady sure was nice... real pleasure to talk with
she said the ammo is in stock and will be shipped in the morning
she said it'll be here within seven days like TJCamro said

cheaper than anywhere I found and most were out of stock on the 5.45 hp even at a much higher price

toopercentmlk
11-02-2009, 8:25 PM
I've bought nearly all of my ammo from them over the past few years I've been shooting. Great prices when the time is right, cool mil-surp stuff, police over-run jhps sometimes. You can find coupons to take $5 or $10 off your order of $99 or more and sometimes any cost. Sure some people might have had bad experiences but I've had many, many good experiences and good deals from them. They're not any more anti-CA than simply complying with the anti-2A city ordinances we have in certain spots that we all know about. Maybe sometimes they get confused and automatedly refuse to sell us something like a full auto ar-15 front post sight, but don't blame the company, blame the people who make it difficult for us!

forgiven
11-02-2009, 8:32 PM
I use to buy from them all the time. I was even a member to save money, but I haven't bought from them in the last couple of years. Just to much of a headache on what's okay and what's not.

Jyruiz
11-02-2009, 8:35 PM
Just bought a scope for my AR from them, didn't have a problem and got it in 6 days.

Gp100
11-02-2009, 8:37 PM
Ammunitiontogo.com for the most part is the best on the web, they are 5 stars in my book.

Sportsmenguide is 4 stars.

toopercentmlk
11-02-2009, 8:40 PM
Ammunitiontogo.com for the most part is the best on the web, they are 5 stars in my book.

Sportsmenguide is 4 stars.
At any given time, ammunitiontogo is better for ammo, but sportsmansguide seems to have UNREASONABLY low priced ammo from time to time but you have to browse for it regularly, plus they have lots of other goodys other than ammo.

CalNRA
11-02-2009, 8:40 PM
if you are not in a hurry SG is good for ammo. If you are in a hurry then look somewhere else.

high_revs
11-02-2009, 10:28 PM
i bought ammo from them. actually i think about 4k (3k 223 and 1k 7.62x39). i guess the ammo part at least they support us even though there's quite a bit of negative about them not selling ebr stuff or ebr related.

something in stock may not mean it's in stock. i think what they do is put "in stock" what is in transit to them. so it's sold before it gets there. i did have to wait maybe 2-3 weeks for both my 7.62x39 and .223 before it shipped. second time around was 2 weeks. given the ammo craze (and still crazy!), i didn't' mind waiting a few weeks.

prices are cheaper also if you buy the membership.

A'sDad
11-03-2009, 7:12 AM
SG get two thumbs up. Never had any problems ordering ammo or any other items. They pay shipping on return items even. They ship UPS so yes expect delivery in one week after order.

BroncoBob
11-03-2009, 7:25 AM
Use them all the time.

hpearce
07-10-2010, 3:32 PM
I joined their club, the discounts help out with the cost.
Products are always shipped on time.

Colt
07-10-2010, 3:58 PM
I won't do business with them anymore.

A couple years ago I was following commodity prices and decided it was a good time to load up on ammo. I was a SG member then and ordered a whole bunch of Winchester .45 acp. With the member discount the price was about 15% lower than next lowest price anywhere (including my local stores). I placed an order at a good price - and literally just a couple days later, prices went up by $2 per box pf 50. Low and behold an emails arrives telling me they were actually out of stock on what I ordered.

I kept the order, asking to be backordered and they claimed they'd honor the price (they had to, by law). Every couple weeks in alternating weeks I'd receive a snail mail and an email where I had to fill out and return a form saying I still wanted my order. The forms stated that by failing to return, I was canceling my order. After several months of this, I finally bagged it.

Low and behold, a (very) short time later the ammo was back in stock.

I will NEVER do business with these a** holes again.

ebencikiv
07-10-2010, 6:24 PM
+1 ammo 2 go