PDA

View Full Version : Went to Orosco Ridge for the first time Today.

tkmech21
11-01-2009, 4:41 PM
Me and a buddy went to Orosco Ridge today. We got there about 7:30ish, set up and started shooting. About an hour/ hour and a half goes by and a Ranger shows up, we were down range checking out our target. We get up to the truck and:
Her: do you guys have an adventure pass?
My buddy: yeah just forgot to put it up, (went to get it and showed it to her)
Her: What are you shooting at? which target is yours?
Us: the one over there on top of that big rock.
Her: what is it?
Me: Its a steel plate hanging on cable, with a steel frame.
Her: Well thats fine but your not allowed to put it on the rock, you cannot shoot at rocks or put targets on rocks.
Us: Ok we'll move it
We talked a little bit about the area about how much trash was there, she told us to be careful shooting because of a hunting preserve past out line of fire, we let her know we wouldn't be able to make the clean-up day but will be taking out some trash and take everything that we brought back. We already had a bag full of shotshell hulls, boxes, I pulled a ps3 box and half a surfboard up from down range, we got 2 brake rotors, some pimp attire (red velvet hat and leapord print belt) and a sword and sheath (someone had already shot the sword) She mentioned that they are looking into closing orosco to shooting, that they are the only forest area that still allows it withouht charge.? She took off to the next group of shooters, and we continued shooting after moving the steel off the rock.

She drove back by and stopped to check on a guy on a motor cycle and the came right back to us a totally different lady.
Her: OK GUYS, DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS ALL AGAIN?!?
us: uuuuuhhhhh whats wrong? we moved the target.
Her: OK DON'T PLAY STUPID.
By now we are both like what the heck did we do? We start looking down range trying to figure out what it might be, so it turns into a guessing game (we're not doing very well) there was a little metal stand that was already there that we stood up after she left and leaned a sillouette against it, with two bowling pins at the bottom to hold up the sillouette.
me: are you talking about the stand?
her : NO!
we give up and ask what is it?
Her: THE BOWLING PINS!
Us: Ohhhh, whats wrong with bowling pins, didn't know you weren't allowed to shoot bowling pins.
Her: DO I NEED TO GO THROUGH THE LIST OF THINGS YOU CAN'T SHOOT? I ALREADY TOLD YOU!
me: you didn't say anything about not (she cuts me off) YOU DON'T WANT ME TO START WRITING TICKETS I'LL GET REALLY PISSY!
now i'm on my way down to pick up the bowling pins.
My buddy: so why can't you shoot bowling pins?
Her: BECAUSE THEY ARE COVERED IN PLASITC, AND PLASTIC PIECES COME OFF WHEN YOU SHOOT IT!
buddy: what if we bring one that doesn't have plastic on it?
Her: NO BECAUSE THERE IS GLUE ON THE WOOD AND IT WILL GET IN THE DIRT.
It was a no win situation that seamed pretty rediculous as we were there to shoot have a good time and help a little with the cleanup.
She looks over to the guns and says: WHAT KIND OF GUNS ARE THOSE?
(OLL Legal Ar's two 15's and a 10)
buddy: Those are 223 long rifles. that one is a shotgun, this one is a .40, and this one is a 9mm.
her: Oh i'm not familiar with those ( the OLL's) i've seen the shotguns, i'm just not familiar with those.
I'm sure there was a little I missed in the translation of the story but that was pretty much it. Not sure if we were shooting to fast for her liking or it was really the bowling pins that set her off, but it was pretty screwed up, we aren't gangbanger, trash leaving, bustin caps from my 9 millie gat, kinda guys just hobbiest looking to have a good time. kinda messed up in my opinion. Anyone else have issues in Orosco? Thanks for reading if you did, sorry so long.

tktech
11-01-2009, 6:54 PM
Yeah I did today! She was a real b&%$h!

tktech
11-01-2009, 7:00 PM
But you know that lady was a little to tree hugger to be that pro shooting the first time round. But her true hippie tree hugger, granola chomping side came out the second time round. Nothing against being informed but she was a little over the top for something (in my opinion) that was a pretty minor thing. Never knew some plastic wraped oak would cause such a problem.

diginit
11-01-2009, 7:20 PM
Send a letter to her supervisor. Stating she was overbearing, unnecessarily rude and unfamilar with the laws of the state. Add the statement you made above.