PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms MP5

916Plinker
11-01-2009, 3:02 PM
I dont even really like Century to much, but they seem to throw some dirt cheap beaters together. Does anyone know if a mp5 is in the works? Seen the HK93 Clone, be nice to get a 9mm thrower that is not 2K+.

someR1
11-01-2009, 3:36 PM
I dont even really like Century to much, but they seem to throw some dirt cheap beaters together. Does anyone know if a mp5 is in the works? Seen the HK93 Clone, be nice to get a 9mm thrower that is not 2K+.

The GSG-5 is .22LR and only $420 at atlanticfirearms.com

Not even close to 9mm, but I don't think you'll get a mp5 for less than $1500. For that kinda money I'd rather have a .50 AR15 upper!

CFV
11-01-2009, 5:23 PM
Coharie arms has an mp5 clone. Actually seen a few in the market place going for under 2 grand.... around 13 hundred actually.

916Plinker
11-01-2009, 6:04 PM
The GSG-5 is .22LR and only $420 at atlanticfirearms.com

Not even close to 9mm, but I don't think you'll get a mp5 for less than $1500. For that kinda money I'd rather have a .50 AR15 upper!

:confused: Kinda missed the point of this thread, but ok.

A- I have a GSG-5
B- I know most are around 2K as I stated
C- Thank you for letting me know you want a .50 AR15 upper instead

916Plinker
11-01-2009, 6:06 PM
Coharie arms......

Thanks for the info CFV

Saigon1965
11-01-2009, 6:08 PM
Most of the clones out there will need to be massaged afterwards - Internal parts are not up to snuff - There are not too many choices out there for what you're looking for -

someR1
11-01-2009, 6:16 PM
:confused: Kinda missed the point of this thread, but ok.

A- I have a GSG-5
B- I know most are around 2K as I stated
C- Thank you for letting me know you want a .50 AR15 upper instead

A- how the hell was I suppose to know that?
B- I'm glad you know they're an expensive ripoff
C- thank you for being a smart @ss :D

CHS
11-01-2009, 6:40 PM
ATI is going to be importing 9mm MP5's in a couple months with factory bullet buttons. Should be less than a grand. Manufactured on true HK machinery and tooling (licensed to turkey).

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 6:42 PM
A- how the hell was I suppose to know that?
B- I'm glad you know they're an expensive ripoff
C- thank you for being a smart @ss :D

D- your quite welcome:hide:

I shot a Coharie, it was OK and it jammed.
Century has enough problems get the AK right with a lot of thier builds. The HK is a bit more complex, but hey if you have the money give it a shot.
There is a place called www.investmentgradefirearms.com/ apperantly they make some of the best money can buy. I don't think it'll be less than 2K though. I haven't seen MP5/HK94 parts kits for less then 1K.
Give Jeff a call at PRK maybe they can find you one.

CFV
11-01-2009, 6:49 PM
ATI is going to be importing 9mm MP5's in a couple months with factory bullet buttons. Should be less than a grand. Manufactured on true HK machinery and tooling (licensed to turkey).

So are these available in the real world beyond the iron curtain of Kalifornia right now or just still in the works. I'd be interested in one.

trashman
11-01-2009, 6:54 PM

Now that is cool!!! Have you seen any prototypes?...

--Neill

CHS
11-01-2009, 7:00 PM
So are these available in the real world beyond the iron curtain of Kalifornia right now or just still in the works. I'd be interested in one.

Umm.. See the part about being imported in a couple months? They aren't available ANYWHERE yet because they aren't actually in the US at this point.

When they start being imported, some will be imported with bullet buttons designed by ATI and shipped in a CA-legal config.

elSquid
11-01-2009, 7:13 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/25heazk.jpg

At $1000, it's pretty much an instabuy for me.

-- Michael

sd1023x
11-01-2009, 7:15 PM
Yes, definitely wait for the ATI version.

CFV
11-01-2009, 7:27 PM
where did you guys see the 1k expected price tag. Found on a ARF thread that msrp was going to be around 1800 .... can you link the ATI page... been searching their sight and can't find it

tonelar
11-01-2009, 7:35 PM
lookin niiiice, for around a grand? I'll get one a well///

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 7:38 PM
I might think about selling a couple AK's for one of those

Naaaa......i'll save up. AK all the way

technique
11-01-2009, 7:46 PM
I'll take the 9mm MP5 pistol, thank you.

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 7:53 PM

Yeah I bet you will. I bet your local shop has a few there.....huh?

I hate you:p

sd1023x
11-01-2009, 7:55 PM
where did you guys see the 1k expected price tag. Found on a ARF thread that msrp was going to be around 1800 .... can you link the ATI page... been searching their sight and can't find it

Its not a matter of price really, the Turks do alot of business with HK and with the correct tooling they possess, ATI's HK clones will be the difference in quality similar to a PTR-91 compared to a Century Cetme.

Seriously, my experience with Coharie is, I never got through a full mag without jamming and I eventually just got a refund without ever getting it to work.

I haven't held an ATI, but I have high hopes because of the correct tooling and HK licensing. Definitely worth waiting to check out before dropping a lot of cash on an MP-5 style weapon.

bubbapug1
11-01-2009, 8:12 PM
I have a special weapons SP89/mp5 clone...in 500 rounds, it has never jammed once per magazine, maybe its jammed a total of 3 times in 500 rounds, or 0.6% . Its almost as reliable as my HK USC, but its not as nice finish wise or machining wise, and it weighs a bit more too. All in all its an excellent gun.

It also doesn't have that big red HK on its side!!

xm177
11-01-2009, 8:12 PM

Great update. :D Saw a thread on this on AR15.com awhile back. Once these hit the market, they are gonna sell like hotcakes. Can't wait.

Stubbie
11-01-2009, 8:29 PM
Didn't ATI get sued by HK? Weren't they going to stop importing the .22 mp5?
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2009/10/17/hk-v-ati-lawsuit-is-over/

This doesn't look good for the hopes of getting a 9mm version in the states. I'm was really looking forward towards it.

CHS
11-01-2009, 8:38 PM
Didn't ATI get sued by HK? Weren't they going to stop importing the .22 mp5?
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2009/10/17/hk-v-ati-lawsuit-is-over/

This doesn't look good for the hopes of getting a 9mm version in the states. I'm was really looking forward towards it.

GSG5 .22 pistols will still be imported. And the 9mm's will still be imported.

technique
11-01-2009, 8:43 PM

The law suit initiated by H&K against German Sports Guns GmBh / American Tactical Imports Inc. / Orion Arms Corp, is officially concluded. The filing of the Stipulated Voluntary Dismissal provided with this web site posting is public information.

Thank you,

Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports Inc.

Dangerpin
11-01-2009, 8:50 PM
I know this state has serious issues with overburdening gun laws, but I truly feel like we are entering a golden period. Prices of guns are dropping, guns that were difficult to obtain are becoming available again at workable price-points.

Now if I could just afford ammo for all of them, life would be wonderful.

sd1023x
11-01-2009, 9:04 PM
GSG5 .22 pistols will still be imported. And the 9mm's will still be imported.

MMM.....GSG-5 sales are limited to stock on hand and all GSG-5 sales are to conclude by the end of the year.

HK has an agreement with Umarex to produce .22-cal versions of the 416, MP5, and MP7. And I guess securing this dress rights first is part of the deal.

A few years ago, HK went after Vector and few others http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-gamdce/case_no-4:2009cv00051/case_id-76781/ for selling clones.

But I think MKEK (turkist gun maker) is different, they hold the rights and the tooling so it shouldn't be an issue.

Mr.RoDiN
11-02-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm not farmiliar with the inner workings of the mp5 model. I know its a blowback rotating bolt. But do you guys think it would be possible to configure the design to make it a single shot? I think you guys know where I'm goin with this. I would love to have a mp5 pistol! If only I had more money. I was going insane over the sp89 that was for sale a few weeks ago. Ugh! I know I will kick myself in the head one day!

redcliff
11-02-2009, 2:05 AM
I'm not farmiliar with the inner workings of the mp5 model. I know its a blowback rotating bolt. But do you guys think it would be possible to configure the design to make it a single shot? I think you guys know where I'm goin with this. I would love to have a mp5 pistol! If only I had more money. I was going insane over the sp89 that was for sale a few weeks ago. Ugh! I know I will kick myself in the head one day!

MP5's use a roller-delayed blowback; no rotating bolt.

I don't think a SP89 type pistol is gonna fly as a single-shot; the single shot exemption requires a 6" barrel and an SP89 has a 4.5" barrel if I'm not mistaken. And HK type barrels are not easy to change imho.

Q
11-02-2009, 5:23 AM

+1 :cool:

TurboChrisB
04-06-2010, 1:49 PM
What ever happened with this? Anyone know if ATI is still pursuing this?

troysland
04-06-2010, 2:01 PM
Not sure, but, Gunrunners in Duarte has an MP5 clone for about $1595. Not sure who it is made by. I didn't ask because I was already tempted at putting down a deposit. My wallet thanked me after I left!

haodoken
04-06-2010, 2:17 PM
Doesn't atlantic firearms have some of the turkish mp5 clones in pistol and rifle formats? I think they were sub-$1500's

Anyone have one of these yet? Inquiring minds want to know :)

darkest2000
04-06-2010, 2:45 PM
Umm.. See the part about being imported in a couple months? They aren't available ANYWHERE yet because they aren't actually in the US at this point.

When they start being imported, some will be imported with bullet buttons designed by ATI and shipped in a CA-legal config.

Huh? If by ATI you mean the MKE (Turkish manufactured) MP5s (T94, AT94, etc), they've been available and SHIPPING in the U.S. since the end of 2009.

There's a few on gunbroker currently:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=163953379
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=163921276

And, yes, I have one.