PDA

View Full Version : any new (and wacky) laws coming down the pipe for 2006?

leo@csuhayward.edu
09-12-2005, 1:35 PM
all i can recall is that all new handguns with the mag disconnect.

anything else?

bwiese
09-12-2005, 5:28 PM
We fortunately dodged two big bullets

AB352 (proposed) would require autoloaders to microstamp cartridges so ejected cases would have some (registered) ID assoicated w/user's gun...

SB357 (proposed), the worst and most dangerous antigun bill ever, attacked handgun ammo and required that all cartridges and bullets are factory marked w/unique (registered) ID numbers and required handloads to use registered bullets /cases too. Existing stocks of unmarked ammo woulda been illegal in a few years.

Both these bills did not make it out of legislature but at least one (both?) are two year bills meaning they can come up again without a complete reintroduction.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

RRangel
09-13-2005, 6:51 PM
The CA DOJ handgun testing will require that all new pistols submitted from 2006 onward require chamber load indicators. In 2007 the test will require all newly submitted handguns to have magazine disconnects like a Browning Hi Power or S&W auto.

What this means is that all handguns already on the list don't require these features providing they stay on the list.

So if any gun maker feels like adding a pistol they haven't already submitted to the CA approved roster they must meet these requirements, or be considered "unsafe". That is unless in the hands of law enforcement, or government.

I feel safer already.

09-13-2005, 7:09 PM
The CA DOJ handgun testing will require that all new pistols submitted from 2006 onward require chamber load indicators.

I personally don't see the point of a load indicator. Does anyone ever pay attention to it, or even trust it enough for it to be important?

Turbinator
09-14-2005, 5:02 PM
A loaded chamber indicator, IMHO, is no substitute for physically and visually checking the chamber each and every time you pick up a firearm to handle it. It's merely a feel-good "safety" device that allows people to be more sloppy in their handling of firearms.

Turby

09-22-2005, 8:18 AM
Originally posted by Admin:
What this means is that all handguns already on the list don't require these features providing they stay on the list. Are you sure about this? I interpreted it as any handgun currently on the list is okay until it comes up for recertification. At that time they need to comply with then-current regs and thus will need either the indicator or disconnect. Am I wrong?

RRangel
09-22-2005, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by ryang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Admin:
What this means is that all handguns already on the list don't require these features providing they stay on the list. Are you sure about this? I interpreted it as any handgun currently on the list is okay until it comes up for recertification. At that time they need to comply with then-current regs and thus will need either the indicator or disconnect. Am I wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fortunately as long as the gun maker keeps paying to keep it on the list the gun is exempted