PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Bullet button users

bballwizard05
11-01-2009, 1:50 PM
I have a un-moded saiga so have no bullet button. I am curious for those of you that do how fast can you change out your mag with the tool? Any clever ways of making the process faster? like having the tool on a lanyard on your wrist or anything?

ChrisTKHarris
11-01-2009, 1:51 PM
Finger tip bullet button tool

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_76&products_id=378

bballwizard05
11-01-2009, 1:53 PM
thats pretty cool, what is your average time for a mag change?

ren
11-01-2009, 1:55 PM
Finger tip bullet button tool

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_76&products_id=378

gpik lol

ChrisTKHarris
11-01-2009, 1:55 PM
thats pretty cool, what is your average time for a mag change?

I've never used one. :(

Looking to buy my first AR very soon.

someR1
11-01-2009, 3:47 PM
It's really not an inconvenience for me. I can change the mag fairly quickly by using a .223 bullet. I haven't timed my self, but I would imagine no more than 2-2.5 seconds to release and insert a new mag.

dieselpower
11-01-2009, 5:47 PM
My tool is glued to the inside of a glove. It doesnt snag on the trigger and is just slightly slower then a finger.

Rukus
11-01-2009, 6:05 PM
OP, you mentioned that you only have a Saiga, so you don't run a bullet button but are you aware that there are major differences in the way maglocks for the AR an AK system work?

Just curious as I don't know if you were looking for more info into the AR or AK side of things.

bballwizard05
11-01-2009, 6:10 PM
I am aware that they are different, my post may have been confusing but my main purpose was just to find our how fast you guys that have them can switch mags and what tricks you have to make the tool system as fast as possible, for both systems.

I dont plan on ever doin the conversion to my current AK, so this post was more just out of curiosity to see what stuff you guys have come up with and how fast it is. :)

Rukus
11-01-2009, 6:45 PM
On the AK side I have had and used both a raddlock and a prince bullet button. The raddlock was way easier to manipulate. People tend to hate on it because it requires you to drill out the magazine latch rivet but IMO it makes mag changes very easy. With the prince it is very difficult to manipulate the release lever. I haven't tried the solartactical lock but it seems like a very great design.

tileguy
11-01-2009, 7:02 PM
i dont see the reason for fast reloads of mags at the range. i enjoy all the time i have there and if takes an extra 1.5 seconds thats 1.5 more at the range. if the sh## hits the fan and theres zombies everywhere i dont think the law will care if i lose the bullet button for an original mag release. that would be the least of anybodies worries

HK Dave
11-01-2009, 9:27 PM
If you REALLY need to change mags fast... i would suggest keeping it unmodified. :) There is nothing that will be as fast as your finger.... and if it were a scary situation... i would not trust anything other then my finger.