PDA

View Full Version : My First AR Build

xst0nex
11-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

Long time guest, first time poster. Just like so many other people who have started a first time build thread I figured I might as well join in the fun. My CFO (the wife) has approved funding for my first AR build (with my own money, I love her). So I wanted to make this post so people can follow my new adventure and what ever ups and downs it brings me. What I want to put together is a long range shooter so as of now most things are down on paper, so here is what my list looks like.

Body:
Mega Billet Matched Set

Upper:
Lilja 24" 1:8 twist wylde chamber SS barrel
JP Adjustable Gas Block
VTAC Modular Hand Guard
BCM Bolt Carrier Group

Lower:
ACE Skeleton Buttstock or a Magpul PRS
Trigger - JP Enterprises, Timney, the list goes on
LPK - not sure what to get yet
Grip - not sure what to get yet, something that feels solid.
California Fail Button

Mis:
Harris Bipod
Optics

If anyone has any sugestions on a LPK, trigger, grip any help would be great. Im used to stock triggers so never had the change to really shoot something else. I plan on taking a trip to Cold War Shooters tomorrow to get some things started. Take care everyone.

edwordsigh
11-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Hello there. lol

DK9mm
11-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

And?

West coast
11-01-2009, 11:17 AM
WTF!!!!

Fate
11-01-2009, 11:21 AM
And thus entered xst0nex...

xst0nex
11-01-2009, 11:30 AM
LOL, I had Tab fail. I posted what I wanted to say =)

sytfu_RR
11-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Well trigger kit depends on what you plan on doing with the rifle, seems you have some nice parts, a 2 stage would be what you want.. Timney, Geissele, seem to have great reviews.

Check out this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=236789

Here's a RRA 2 stage kit from RifleGear.com
http://www.riflegear.com/p-444-rra-lower-receiver-parts-kit-w-nm-two-stage-trigger.aspx

Grip wise I like the Hogue rubber grip, feels solid; but again its kinda a personal preference, the Magpul MIAD has intagrated trigger guard & storage if that's something you may need. Ergo also makes a pistol grip with a palm rest as well, so maybe try to find a local store that has some in stock you can try.

evidens83
11-01-2009, 11:37 AM
:useless:

xst0nex
11-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks sytfu_RR, I will see if CWS has grips I can try out before I buy.

evidens83, I did say the parts are just on paper. As soon as I get some stuff in hand pics will go up :)

evidens83
11-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Ooops my bad overlooked it. Just saw a list and automatically thought thats what you already had. Hey at least you have good taste!

tomd1584
11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
:useless:

if you read his post, he said he has a 'list' of parts he intends to buy. He hasnt purchased it yet.

Greg-Dawg
11-01-2009, 12:24 PM
if you read his post, he said he has a 'list' of parts he intends to buy. He hasnt purchased it yet.

FAIL!!!

tomd1584
11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

Long time guest, first time poster. Just like so many other people who have started a first time build thread I figured I might as well join in the fun. My CFO (the wife) has approved funding for my first AR build (with my own money, I love her). So I wanted to make this post so people can follow my new adventure and what ever ups and downs it brings me. What I want to put together is a long range shooter so as of now most things are down on paper, so here is what my list looks like.

Body:
Mega Billet Matched Set

Upper:
Lilja 24" 1:8 twist wylde chamber SS barrel
JP Adjustable Gas Block
VTAC Modular Hand Guard
BCM Bolt Carrier Group

Lower:
ACE Skeleton Buttstock or a Magpul PRS
Trigger - JP Enterprises, Timney, the list goes on
LPK - not sure what to get yet
Grip - not sure what to get yet, something that feels solid.
California Fail Button

Mis:
Harris Bipod
Optics

If anyone has any sugestions on a LPK, trigger, grip any help would be great. Im used to stock triggers so never had the change to really shoot something else. I plan on taking a trip to Cold War Shooters tomorrow to get some things started. Take care everyone.

FAIL!!!

Unless I read that incorrectly, please explain??

xst0nex
11-01-2009, 4:15 PM
Calm down people, I guess I could just copy pics from manufacturer use some photo shop skills and mock up a gun for you all to look at lol.

xst0nex
11-09-2009, 2:32 PM
Here is a small update with a picture. I have placed my order for my Lilja barrel but ETA for that is :confused::banghead: but worth the wait. I also placed my order for the Mega Billet matching lower and upper set, my 10 days starts today. When I get my Mega parts I will take pics of those as well. What I have with me are the following:

Magpul MIAD grip
RRA LPK w/NM trigger
2 10rd mags

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/4090464199_edf31f4eb1.jpg