View Full Version : which 50 caL

11-01-2009, 7:08 AM
OK I'm looking to get into some 50 cal shooting. I would like to get one in 50 dtc
and not a belt feed. I would also like to stay away for the AR uppers. I dont care if they are mag feed or single shoot.

I would like to know which one you like and why ?

Also does any one know if state arms makes one in 50 dtc ? This is the one I like the most.

I really would like to be able to do some competition shooting so let me know what you guys think.

EBR Works
11-01-2009, 7:16 AM
Since you are limited to .50 DTC in California unless you have a RAW lower, you can get an EDM WindRunner as a complete rifle for big $$$.

You might want to also consider a Ferret50 complete rifle with solid steel lower. It's a lot less money and it is a proven competition platform plus customer service from Dave at Spider Firearms is second to none. I have a short barreled version of this and it is a phenomenal weapon. I have a friend that just purchased the full boat 37" version with every available option and NF scope. Talk to Dave and he'll build anything you can envision.

11-01-2009, 8:34 AM
This is what I'm looking into. www.bohicaarms.com although I like the Ferret 50

11-01-2009, 8:44 AM
I've got a Bohica. Love it. Some minor issues but nothing you can't figure out in a few minutes of thinking. It's accurate and so far, reliable. It looks cool. My customer service experiences have been great, though some people would say they got screwed over. For the price and an entry level 50 package, I'd recommend it.

11-01-2009, 8:59 AM
Anzio builds Cal legal 50's and has always had decent prices on complete guns.

Excellent all around 50:

Comp gun

11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I have looked at Anzio Ironworks stuff I like them and the price is ok

I really dont want an AR upper style, but they do look good. I would really like a more standard rifle style. But if I do go with a AR upper style it just may force me into getting a 458 socom upper also.:):)

11-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I would shot them an Email or call, my guess is they would but I don't know. If you go with an AR upper, I would look at both the Ferret and the ALS. Both are proven match winners. There are many smiths that build up McMillian actions that would be able to chamber it in 510DTC. You might even find a deal on a used gun that could be shipped to an out of state smith to be rechambered or rebarreled before shipping to CA.

If you aren't already, you should join the FCSA. I learned a lot more about 50BMG's there than I even knew to ask before I joined. At the vary least you will see what is out there, what others are using and the type of performance they are getting.