PDA

View Full Version : Thumbprint for Transfer?

Zmelli
11-01-2009, 6:48 AM
I went to a Firearms dealer to fill out FFL Paperwork and I was told they needed a Thumbprint? Is this required when you are buying a Longrifle in California?

halifax
11-01-2009, 6:55 AM
I went to a Firearms dealer to fill out FFL Paperwork and I was told they needed a Thumbprint? Is this required when you are buying a Longrifle in California?

Simple answer, Yes

Zmelli
11-01-2009, 6:58 AM
The law states that it needs to be the right thumb, unless there is something which makes that impossible, like missing the thumb. It also states that it needs to be on the back and in black ink (below). I would be careful with anything else, although I have been told by others that their DOJ inspector said that on the front of the DROS was ok.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs.php#32G
32. Are firearms dealers required to capture the thumbprint on the DROS form for each firearm recipient?

Yes. The firearms dealer must require the firearm recipient to place his or her right thumbprint, in black ink, on the back of the DROS form. If the recipient is unable to comply, then the dealer should contact the DOJ at (916) 227-3703 for instructions.

(PC section 12077) Thanks Kemesa!