PDA

View Full Version : which bullet button for an ak?

Bucky G
10-31-2009, 9:49 PM
thanks!

nick
10-31-2009, 9:52 PM
There're no bullet buttons for AKs. As for maglocks, the Solar Tactical (www.solartactical.com) and JumboPanda (PM JumboPanda) ones can be used with almost any AK-style rifle, and they're easy to put on.

SanSacto
10-31-2009, 10:03 PM
I am thinking about switching fromt he Prince50 AK mag lock to the Raddlock AK mag lock. At the range it is very difficult to release the mag with one hand while keeping the muzzle safely pointed down range with the other hand. I am really disappointed because my AK loses a lot of its functionality and practicality with a mag lock. And I don't want a MMG.

SJgunguy24
10-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I hate those damn things. I go for the MMG or a modified pistol grip.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/010-4.jpg

I did the same for my AR
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/001-10.jpg

five.five-six
10-31-2009, 10:32 PM
^not an option with a romie,

with the solar, you can pop the mag out with a bullet

Full Clip
10-31-2009, 10:46 PM
I have MMGs on both my AKs but a Radd on my PSL.
Wish the Solar Tac mag lock was available at the time...

SJgunguy24
10-31-2009, 10:48 PM
^not an option with a romie,

with the solar, you can pop the mag out with a bullet

Whats not an option with a romy?

skscj
11-01-2009, 3:25 AM
SJgunguy24, What kind of rear sight is on the AK-47? Is it mounted on the cover.

five.five-six
11-01-2009, 7:27 AM
Whats not an option with a romy?

unless you change the furniture, the front handgaurd has a forward grip built in

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1857/img3393s.jpg

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 8:49 AM
SJgunguy24, What kind of rear sight is on the AK-47? Is it mounted on the cover.
HK G3, welded to the cover.

unless you change the furniture, the front handgaurd has a forward grip built in

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1857/img3393s.jpg

Ah yes, I cut the dong off the handguard of my Romy kits.

C_1
11-01-2009, 11:32 AM
JumboPando mag locks are the way to go but the Solar Tac one is nice. The Raddlock requires you to modify your AK.

I dont like mag locks on AKs so I got a MMG. You can also do the spade grip mod if you like. Its all on preference.

duraglock
11-01-2009, 2:19 PM
http://www.solartactical.com/product.sc?productId=14&categoryId=20
Reload tool for ak to maintain function. Have used it for 3 gun matches and carbine courses were reloads need to be smooth and fast. Also nice for bench shooting or plinking.

someR1
11-01-2009, 2:25 PM
I hate those damn things. I go for the MMG or a modified pistol grip.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/010-4.jpg

I did the same for my AR
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/001-10.jpg

^^I'm sorry, but ugly as SIN! my .02
:rolleyes:

CSACANNONEER
11-01-2009, 2:28 PM
JumboPando mag locks are the way to go but the Solar Tac one is nice. The Raddlock requires you to modify your AK.

I dont like mag locks on AKs so I got a MMG. You can also do the spade grip mod if you like. Its all on preference.

Having bought double digit quantities of both, I have to say that the Solartactical is the way to go! JPs can fail too easily and by design, they mar the surface of the trigger gaurd. I have nothing against JP or his locks. I still use a few of them but, STs are a new and improved design that work better. Personally, I'd never use an AK Radlock due to the fact that you need to modify the gun.

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 3:34 PM
^^I'm sorry, but ugly as SIN! my .02
:rolleyes:

Thats OK now reload............wait where's my bullet

Fot
11-01-2009, 4:28 PM
HK G3, welded to the cover.

Ah yes, I cut the dong off the handguard of my Romy kits.

Mr. Lorena Bobbit?

jeffyboy
11-01-2009, 4:49 PM
I like the Solartactical. I used to have a JP but like previously posted it's prone to failure and will mare the finish on the trigger guard.

C_1
11-01-2009, 4:54 PM
Like I said, I dont like mag locks on AKs so I go MMG.

I said the JumboPanda mag locks are the way to go because they are cheap, easy, and if installed properly, shouldn't fail unless you're trying to mess it up. But CSAC you're right, it does mar the finish, on the underside of the trigger guard, a little bit because of the set screw.

As for the Raddlock, like I said, and CSAC said, their AK lock requires modification to the rifle, which I dont like as well. But I do like his v2 AR bullet buttons though.

Hmm.. the Solar Tac.. Nothing against them, but I played with one, and the thin sheet metal didnt look too strong.

The spade grip mod does look a little ugly but it works. Its not a pistol grip so you get detachable mags with a feature less rifle.

A lot of people cut, remove, and reshape the Romy G handguard and vertical forward grip.

Again, preference..

Bucky G
11-01-2009, 5:43 PM
bought the solar tactical... thanks!

SanSacto
11-02-2009, 6:16 PM
I am thinking about switching fromt he Prince50 AK mag lock to the Raddlock AK mag lock. At the range it is very difficult to release the mag with one hand while keeping the muzzle safely pointed down range with the other hand. I am really disappointed because my AK loses a lot of its functionality and practicality with a mag lock. And I don't want a MMG.

My bad I meant JJPerl's AK mag lock. It is basically a metal shroud that covers the magazine lever. It required me to punch out the mag lever pin on my AK and replace it with a bolt/washer. Like I explained, I do not like how it functions. I want to switch to a better functioning but still good looking mag lock.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/DucketsCA/AKM.jpg

Having bought double digit quantities of both, I have to say that the Solartactical is the way to go! JPs can fail too easily and by design, they mar the surface of the trigger gaurd. I have nothing against JP or his locks. I still use a few of them but, STs are a new and improved design that work better. Personally, I'd never use an AK Radlock due to the fact that you need to modify the gun.

Since I alrealy punched out the mag release pin on my AK, should I just go for the Raddlock AK mag lock? On the other hand, how hard would it be to punch the original pin back in place? I did keep it in a safe place just in case. [EDIT: The description of the JJPerl AK mag lock says it is 100% reversivble to stock configuration, so I am hoping that won't be any trouble?]

Like I said, I dont like mag locks on AKs so I go MMG.

I said the JumboPanda mag locks are the way to go because they are cheap, easy, and if installed properly, shouldn't fail unless you're trying to mess it up. But CSAC you're right, it does mar the finish, on the underside of the trigger guard, a little bit because of the set screw.

As for the Raddlock, like I said, and CSAC said, their AK lock requires modification to the rifle, which I dont like as well. But I do like his v2 AR bullet buttons though.
Hmm.. the Solar Tac.. Nothing against them, but I played with one, and the thin sheet metal didnt look too strong.

The spade grip mod does look a little ugly but it works. Its not a pistol grip so you get detachable mags with a feature less rifle.

A lot of people cut, remove, and reshape the Romy G handguard and vertical forward grip.

Again, preference..

But I think it would be very hard for me to switch out mags on my AK with a JJPerl mag lock while under pressure. Is the Raddlock any easier to actually use?
Also, what is the difference between the v1 and v2 versions of the Raddlock?

SanSacto
11-05-2009, 6:07 PM
My bad I meant JJPerl's AK mag lock. It is basically a metal shroud that covers the magazine lever. It required me to punch out the mag lever pin on my AK and replace it with a bolt/washer. Like I explained, I do not like how it functions. I want to switch to a better functioning but still good looking mag lock.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/DucketsCA/AKM.jpg

Since I alrealy punched out the mag release pin on my AK, should I just go for the Raddlock AK mag lock? On the other hand, how hard would it be to punch the original pin back in place? I did keep it in a safe place just in case. [EDIT: The description of the JJPerl AK mag lock says it is 100% reversivble to stock configuration, so I am hoping that won't be any trouble?]

But I think it would be very hard for me to switch out mags on my AK with a JJPerl mag lock while under pressure. Is the Raddlock any easier to actually use?
Also, what is the difference between the v1 and v2 versions of the Raddlock?

Any more thoughts? Or is this thread dead?

Bucky G
11-05-2009, 10:07 PM
I just got Solar Tactical's low profile AK maglock in the mail today
looks good... very sexy!
super fast shipping and great doing business with

thanks duraglock!

lomalinda
11-05-2009, 11:21 PM
The AR Raddlock is great in that it's easily adjusted to the stupidty of the people running the state you're in.

The AK Raddlock is a pain in the ***, though, and I would recommend against it. Losing the key would prevent you from unlocking the mag, and it's a ***** to get the original mag lock rebuilt.

If you need a fixed mag for the AK (Romy's dong still attached or just prefer the non-featureless style) then the Solar Tactical mag lock is the way to go.

If you like the featureless and have pre-ban high-caps, use the Solar Tactical grip would be the way to go. I haven't used it myself but it looks much easier to attach than a MMG, which either needs to be shaved (plastic) or sanded and painted (the wooden one I have).

duraglock
11-06-2009, 7:08 AM
Bucky thanks for the order and glad your happy with the product. I try to ship same day depending on what time the order gets placed.

SanSacto
11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I am growing more fond of the Solar Tactical AK mag lock the more I learn about it.

What do you guys think about using a mini multi-tool as your go-to bullet button tool? Keep one in the range bag and one next to your mags?

Does anybody have any experience switching from a JJPerl AK mag lock to something else? How hard is it to get the original mag lever pin back in place?

duraglock
11-06-2009, 9:26 PM
San sacto I have a slave pin that holds the spring and the magazine latch together making putting the old lever back in hassle free.Once lined up push out the slave pin with the rivet. Than use the pivot pin and your back to factory specs. Pretty straight forward.

SanSacto
11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
San sacto I have a slave pin that holds the spring and the magazine latch together making putting the old lever back in hassle free.Once lined up push out the slave pin with the rivet. Than use the pivot pin and your back to factory specs. Pretty straight forward.

Thank you very much, I really apreciate you pointing that out. I had no clue that you offered a AK trigger latch installation pin. I will be buying one soon along with your low profile bullet button and rapid reload tools! :thumbsup:

norcal-ar
11-07-2009, 5:03 AM
I went solar tactical. solid,pretty clean looking and no chance of it just happening to loosen up and falling off making your rifle an AW. watch out for the jumbo pandas