PDA

View Full Version : HSC Study Guide?

PonchoTA
10-31-2009, 7:35 PM
Hi folks,

Does anybody have the HSC study guide they would be willing to let me (my friend) borrow? Or alternatively, is there an online study area to be found? I know that the test is common sense, but she's never been around guns, and I want to make sure she gets as much training as possible, up to and including even qualifying via this test.

I've never had to take the test being retired military and all, but I'm getting a handgun for my friend (I feel, and now she does too, that she needs something at home for better protection besides a cell phone. Yay! Another convert!)

She will need to take the test however, in order to get this licensed in her name, yes?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

:cheers2:
Cheers,
Paul

matrix
10-31-2009, 7:48 PM
Try http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/hscsg.pdf

waitwha?
10-31-2009, 7:50 PM
even then they're 50 cents at any gun store. If you cant afford that then maybe you shouldn't be taking the test.

pennys dad
10-31-2009, 7:52 PM
answer every question with safety in mind times 100. everything must be unloaded, everything must be checked, everything must be locked with 20 safes and guns locks and always assume the weapon is loaded and you bullets are loaded and your neighbor is loaded. then u pass. oh and know about transportation

technique
10-31-2009, 7:52 PM
They are cheap at a gun store...but the test is common sense, You good with common sense?

Tragic Image
10-31-2009, 7:55 PM
use the online version.

safety safety safety.

50 cents at gun store.... cheaper than ink and paper out of my printer.

PonchoTA
10-31-2009, 8:16 PM
I just wanted to get her started since I'll be going out of town tomorrow for another week.

When I get back, I guess we'll go to the gun store and get one of them also, maybe plink a few too!

Thanks for the link and the advices... especially Jacob! (my neighbor usually IS loaded!)

Seesm
10-31-2009, 8:34 PM
She will be ok... Common sense all the way.

mjsweims
10-31-2009, 9:30 PM
Just download the online version. It is all common sense. Did mine today.