PDA

View Full Version : AK47 selling questions, please help.

KAVEMAN762
10-31-2009, 4:47 PM
Hello everyone. Im helping a good friend sell his AK47 rifle, but we cannot determine the cost of what it can be sold for. I quoted him what I think, but I dont know if it is price gouging. How would one determine the price of such a rifle??? For the past week or so, Ive been monitoring the firearms sale section to determine a reasonable price. Most Ive seen in there are not Romanian, some are Lancasters and etc. I will have pictures very soon. Here is the info on the AK47:

-It is a 1982 Romanian barrel, front and rear trunions, f&r sights, carrier and bolt. They all have the same serial numbers stamped into them.

-The rifle fires perfect, nothing wrong mechanically

-It is an Nodak spud NDS3 lower receiver, with a second milled out section to fit the double hook tapco g2 trigger. The milling was done to match the other side, not dremeled and looks like it belongs there

-I think the magazine lock is a raddlock, not sure what brand though.

-The piston and most all other parts are 922R compliant

-He's put about 400 rounds through it, and the previous owner probably did double to triple that, but the bore looks damn near shiny with good rifling.

-All he uses is non corrosive ammo, from what he said. Its pretty clean for an old Betty.

-Im giving him an extra tapco retainer plate in place of the shepherds spring

-Overall "ok" condition as far as paint. It is painted a flat black with 1200 degree heat paint.

- The only thing wrong is the paint job. It is all flat black, with black furniture. It looks super nice, but its not professional. However, the coats of paint is uniform with no drips, runs or thick areas. But there are parts where the paint is scuffed, like on the super tight safety/fire selector switch. And also on the top where the top cover squishes on the top of the reciever.

he wanted $600. He said he bought it off of someone for 700 on here years ago.

I think $550-600 is reasonable but need your opinions!

I know, you need pics. Will have those shortly!

Updated: Pics. Also he told me he will get someone to professionally refinish it.

someR1
10-31-2009, 7:48 PM
I agree. $500-600 seems like a fair price. Considering a Romanian WASR10 is an average AK47 that can be had for $425-500. Like you said, the only thing bringing the price down is the 'custom' paint job lol.

List for 600 and see what happens. You can always start high, but once your low, your low!

KAVEMAN762
10-31-2009, 8:54 PM
LOL!! True! Thanks for the reply! I have the pictures Im about to post up.....

Gp100
10-31-2009, 9:23 PM
Put the wood back on it and sell it for $500.

KAVEMAN762
10-31-2009, 9:28 PM
I hate the plastic stuff on there!!! Looks cheesy IMHO. He said the wood furniture was re-finished and put on his other AK, which looks damn near era-specific. Looks way better than this one, has the original finish on there, but it shows with wear.

sd1023x
10-31-2009, 9:45 PM
300, Possibly 200. Tough sell at 500 when arsenals are selling for 500. And at the 300 price point, saigas become competitive.

KAVEMAN762
10-31-2009, 9:53 PM
Maybe I should tell him to just keep it for now or trade.....Wow saigas are that cheap? I may have to buy one. Now, are there specific saigas that can be converted to an AK style rifle? Or would any of them work. Can all of the saiga/ak style rifles use AK parts?? Ok, I'll go do a search on it! Thanks again everyone for your input!

Ford8N
11-01-2009, 4:50 AM
300, Possibly 200. Tough sell at 500 when arsenals are selling for 500. And at the 300 price point, saigas become competitive.

I agree.

Ak prices are dropping, although there are still a bunch of fools paying ripoff gunshow prices. It's like fishing, throw your line out there, you might get a bite.

sd1023x
11-01-2009, 7:29 AM
Maybe I should tell him to just keep it for now or trade.....Wow saigas are that cheap? I may have to buy one. Now, are there specific saigas that can be converted to an AK style rifle? Or would any of them work. Can all of the saiga/ak style rifles use AK parts?? Ok, I'll go do a search on it! Thanks again everyone for your input!

Keep it! The thing is, you got ripped during the Obama hype, but if it works fine for you, keep it.

A good price on a saiga is $300-400. Yeah, probably the most popular Saiga to convert to AK style is the 7.62x39, but there are 12 gauges, 5.56 and 5.45 out there that have been converted.

Tromix has a good site to get a general idea of the parts you'll need.