PDA

View Full Version : Register ammo?

david_place_834
10-31-2009, 9:36 AM
I went City Arms in Pacifica yesterday and an enthusiastic salesman asked me to sign a petition to repeal the Gov's signing requiring ammo registration beginning Jan. 2010. I signed, but still wasn't convinced.

Is this true or was this guy passing on FUD?

Geo
10-31-2009, 9:53 AM
Where have you been the past few months?

Uriah02
10-31-2009, 9:56 AM
Yes, the bill that passed was AB92 which is now law.
AB962 (http://www.ab962.org/ReadAB962.aspx)

Beelzy
10-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Give the guy a break, he does live in Gun Censorship City.

I have a feeling a lot of folks don't know about this Law. I found it interesting
how it had to be signed for it to NOT be Law. That's probably what confused
some folks.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Be sure and read up, find all the important details, NO Mail Order / Internet sales, Doesn't take effect until Feb 1 of 2011. Applies to ammunition vendors, no limit on giving ammo to friends. Just applies to handgun ammo, but no one is sure what exactly that means.

It mutated several times going through the legislative process / compromises. It's not as bad as it was originally but it's bad enough. Lots of people are quoting earlier versions.

CL

Librarian
10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh yes - it does NOT (require that one) register ammunition; it mostly requires sellers to collect your fingerprint and get ID in face-to-face sales.

It registers YOU.

Timberline
10-31-2009, 1:52 PM
Oh yes - it does NOT (require that one) register ammunition; it mostly requires sellers to collect your fingerprint and get ID in face-to-face sales.

It registers YOU.

Thank you for clarifying, for the benefit of OP. I'm sure the OP misunderstood the point of the petition, and may not have known about AB962 - although, how any member of CGN could not know about AB962, is a mystery to me.

Quser.619
10-31-2009, 7:31 PM
I'd imagine that there are going to be a lot of surprised people buying ammo after Feb 2011, who were too busy to pay attention to what their government has done to them.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-31-2009, 8:40 PM
And of course there will be mail order sellers that will end up refusing to sell any ammo at all - even rifle or shotgun - to California because their lawyers have doubts about the complex laws or because they're pissed off at all of California for allowing such stupid laws.

And anyone want to bet that WalMart will stop all ammo sales of any kind statewide? Just have to wait and see and pray that the Gods of CGN can put the constitutional kabosh on all these idiot laws and save us from this evil plague.

CL

Carnivore
11-01-2009, 1:02 PM
And anyone want to bet that WalMart will stop all ammo sales of any kind statewide?
CL
Funny you mention that. I was talking to the regional manager of my area an he said that middle of next year they will pull gun stuff out of Kalifornia. You will start to see less an less gun related items for sale on the shelves an not just ammo.

bigcalidave
11-01-2009, 2:18 PM
Funny you mention that. I was talking to the regional manager of my area an he said that middle of next year they will pull gun stuff out of Kalifornia. You will start to see less an less gun related items for sale on the shelves an not just ammo.

Which chain?

Dr Rockso
11-01-2009, 2:25 PM
I went City Arms in Pacifica yesterday and an enthusiastic salesman asked me to sign a petition to repeal the Gov's signing requiring ammo registration beginning Jan. 2010. I signed, but still wasn't convinced.

Is this true or was this guy passing on FUD?
Petitions don't do squat. Donate to the Calguns Foundation to help fight this thing in federal court.

Librarian
11-01-2009, 2:51 PM
Which chain?

Carnivore's response quoted: Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
And anyone want to bet that WalMart will stop all ammo sales of any kind statewide?
CL

Doug L
11-01-2009, 7:04 PM
Petitions don't do squat. Donate to the Calguns Foundation to help fight this thing in federal court.

Good advice.
Probably the best thing we can do at the moment, unless hoffmang has some other ideas.
Actually, we can contact Assemblyman Curt Hagman, and lend him our moral support in moving AB 373.
......Chino Hills district office.......(909) 627-7021
......Sacramento office........... ...(916) 319-2060

kf6tac
11-01-2009, 8:19 PM
Good advice.
Probably the best thing we can do at the moment, unless hoffmang has some other ideas.
Actually, we can contact Assemblyman Curt Hagman, and lend him our moral support in moving AB 373.
......Chino Hills district office.......(909) 627-7021
......Sacramento office........... ...(916) 319-2060

Chances are the petition that the OP was asked to sign WAS the petition in support of AB373.

sp_train_77
11-01-2009, 9:01 PM
Just a note for you younger whipper-snappers, this was law in California for many, many years. This is not really anything new, just a re-enstatement of something we dealt with for many years. Only now the state is levying a tax on sellers of ammo.

Looks like UPS will be real busy for the next 15 months...:chris:

jrdejavux
11-02-2009, 12:27 AM
quick question, i travel to texas and arizona alot since i have family there, is it ok to buy ammo in those states and bring it to CA?

Dr Rockso
11-02-2009, 12:33 AM
quick question, i travel to texas and arizona alot since i have family there, is it ok to buy ammo in those states and bring it to CA?
That will still be allowed if/when AB 962 goes into effect.

Just a note for you younger whipper-snappers, this was law in California for many, many years. This is not really anything new, just a re-enstatement of something we dealt with for many years. Only now the state is levying a tax on sellers of ammo.

Looks like UPS will be real busy for the next 15 months...:chris:
It was federal law from '68-'86.