PDA

View Full Version : sending pics with Motorola Razor phone??

bridgeport
10-30-2009, 6:49 PM
How can I send a picture from my Motorola Razor phone to my computer?
I see that a picture can be sent to a phone number with a text message, but
their must be a way to do it??

Technical Ted
10-30-2009, 7:03 PM
How can I send a picture from my Motorola Razor phone to my computer?
I see that a picture can be sent to a phone number with a text message, but
their must be a way to do it??
Can you set up a new Contact as an e-mail?

Who's your carrier? I know Verizon disabled the ability to simply hook up the Razor to your computer with a USB cable. That's so you have to go through their data services and so they can charge you.

QuarterBoreGunner
10-30-2009, 7:06 PM
What about sending it via Bluetooth? That's how I used to do it.

oops. Assuming your PC or laptop can do Bluetooth. My laptop did.

patman
10-30-2009, 8:57 PM
can you send it attached a text message but instead of a phone number, use an email address? i.e. bridgeport@gmail.com

bridgeport
10-30-2009, 9:01 PM
Yes it does have the bluetooth, but I haven't a clue how to use it, Also I should try putting an E-mail address in and messaging it... I will try that now and see if it works... meanwhile if you could explain the bluetooth feature to me???

QuarterBoreGunner
10-30-2009, 9:06 PM
Okay so the RAZR has Bluetooth, so how about the laptop/pc?

PolishMike
10-30-2009, 9:08 PM
People still use RAZRs? lol

Technical Ted
10-30-2009, 9:11 PM
Who is your carrier?

Technical Ted
10-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Verizon.
Yeah Verizon disabled the ability to transfer pics over bluetooth and USB cable in the firmware of the phone. You can hack it with caution.

They did this so you'd be forced to use their wireless data services which they'll charge you for.

You should be able to create a contact with a name like computer and enter an e-mail address.

Go to your Contacts List. Select Options. Select New Contact. Enter your e-mail address as a Name. Scroll down to e-mail. Enter an e-mail. Save.

Now open your Menu. Navigate to Get Pix and Flix. Select My Pix. Select the picture. Select Options. Select Send. Under Create Pix Message. Select Add in the lower left corner of the screen. Select Contacts. Scroll to the e-mail contact and press the left arrow until the icon next to the e-mail turns into an Envelope. Then hit OK. Then hit Done. Then OK. Then Send

bridgeport
10-31-2009, 6:39 AM
Ted... It Worked... You are the MAN !! Awesome... Now I can post pics off my cell phone. Thank You for helping me.. this is very cool.

ilbob
10-31-2009, 8:24 AM
One of the things I like about us cellular is there is none of the BS with crippling phones to sell more services.