PDA

View Full Version : FFL and private party transfer on same DROS

vsy05
10-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I am going to FFL a rifle and I wanted to know if I can do a in-person private party transfer (rifle) on the same DROS?

I'm having a rifle sent to a CA FFL from an out of state dealer. A friend of mine is giving me his OLL. He will go will me to do a private party transfer at the same place where I'm getting my FFL rifle.

Do I have to pay for the DROS twice?

I callled Gussler and they said you have to pay DROS twice.
I called Royal Loans and they said you can have it on the same DROS.

troysland
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
??? FFL=Federal Firearm License.

If you're doing a PPT(private party transfer), yes, both rifles can go on the same DROS. Most honest places will charge $45. $35 for the first & $10 for the second.

BONECUTTER
10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
The DROS on a PPT says gun x is going from guy 1 to guy 2.
The DROS on a dealer transfer is saying the gun is going from dealer to you.

Two DROS's are needed in this case.

ke6guj
10-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't see why the FFL couldn't receive the OLL from the friend into inventory and then DROS both items to the OP on one DROS. Now, whether or not the OP would save money, since by allowing the FFL to processthe OLL as a regular transfer instead of a PPT, there is no set price for the transfer anymore.

Now, all of this would be up to the FFL to decide how they wanted to deal with that scenario.

kemasa
10-30-2009, 4:03 PM
It can be done on one DROS, but not as a PPT, but as was said, the FFL could charge whatever they wanted. If they charge over $35, then it would make sense to just do it separately. If the FFL is reasonable, they would just charge the $10 and add the second one to the first DROS. It saves them time and effort. Personally, I would rather do that than to charge an extra $25 for the DROS, have to submit a second DROS with all the paperwork and get no more money out of it.