PDA

View Full Version : FFL in or near S.F.

quagmiles
04-30-2005, 6:48 PM
Who has the best prices for both hand and long guns. If I remember right the guy at Highbridge in S.F. wanted $80.00 per transaction. I'm pretty new to this game so any info is helpfull.

stillbigmac
04-30-2005, 7:16 PM
Check out Demitris, I think he's in Pacifica, or Jackson Arms in South City.

gimmejr
04-30-2005, 7:51 PM
Do you mean City Arms in Pacifica?

schizrade
04-30-2005, 8:31 PM
www.city-arms.com (http://www.city-arms.com)

That would be it.

*quagmiles, if youare in SF you should come shoot with the Pink Pistols the first tuesday of every month. People bring lots of toys. We rent a couple of lanes at Jacksons and just blast away and chit-chat for about 2 hours.

quagmiles
04-30-2005, 8:58 PM
Pink pistols? Is that a gay shooting club? I'm no bigot, just wondering. Its hard enough to find some one here who dosen't think guns are worse than Hitler. What I'm trying to say is gay or not gay I don't care. In case you care, I like the opposite sex of myself.

schizrade
04-30-2005, 9:32 PM
Yeah, forget it. Never mind.

Turbinator
05-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by quagmiles:
Pink pistols? Is that a gay shooting club? I'm no bigot, just wondering. Its hard enough to find some one here who dosen't think guns are worse than Hitler. What I'm trying to say is gay or not gay I don't care. In case you care, I like the opposite sex of myself.

Yeah, Pink Pistols is a gay/bi/lesbian thing, I think. Better to defend oneself than to be bashed, I think they say. Not a member, just read about it once. They have a website somewhere if anyone cares to go look for it.

Turby

imported_1911_sfca
05-02-2005, 2:15 PM
I'm not sure what the original question is -- are you looking for an FFL to do a private party sale from out of state? That would be the $80 that you quoted from Higbridge. It includes the $25 DROS fee. (Double check it with them of course).

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on long guns or pistols, as the question in your post suggests, check out Jackson Arms or City Arms. And for rifles and shotguns, you can see Imbert & Smithers on the peninsula.

As for Pink Pistols, it is a gay/lesbian/bi shooting club, but I am straight and also shoot with them and bring my girlfriend. Mainly they are interested in guns. If you don't like being around gay people you wouldn't want to attend one of the shoots.. (in that case, you would probably want to move away from SF as well).

Henry47
05-09-2005, 2:08 AM
I forgot, but there's a few pawn shops out there that charge a bit less. City arms used to charge $40, then went up to $45 and now it's $75 or so. Jackson arms charges upwards of $100 I believe.

schizrade
05-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by San Francisco, 1911:
I'm not sure what the original question is -- are you looking for an FFL to do a private party sale from out of state? That would be the $80 that you quoted from Higbridge. It includes the $25 DROS fee. (Double check it with them of course).

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on long guns or pistols, as the question in your post suggests, check out Jackson Arms or City Arms. And for rifles and shotguns, you can see Imbert & Smithers on the peninsula.

As for Pink Pistols, it is a gay/lesbian/bi shooting club, but I am straight and also shoot with them and bring my girlfriend. Mainly they are interested in guns. If you don't like being around gay people you wouldn't want to attend one of the shoots.. (in that case, you would probably want to move away from SF as well).

/\
Unless you want to see this guy hammer the paper with his .45

Sagebrush
08-08-2005, 8:34 AM
Cash Loan Pawn Shop on Grand Avenue in South San Francisco does private party transfers. I haven't checked in a few months, but they used to have the lowest fees of any FFL in the area, even for out of state transfers.

bwiese
08-08-2005, 8:49 AM
As of 2 years ago, Krausewerk in San Mateo was still doing FFL transfers. Call before you start any orders: 650-571-7583.

At that time their fee was 10% Shotgun News (or whereever you ordered it) price, with a $50 minimum. DROS, sales tax extra.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

siglock2340
08-08-2005, 1:15 PM
Gunbroker.com Delaer Finder (http://gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp)

Above is your best bet. I've called Jackson Arms recently and they said they don't do transfers. I eventually went with RMB Enterprises in Milpitas but I think there was an FFL in Cupertino that was even cheaper. San Leandro Rifle & Pistol Range does transfers for cheap or so I've heard. You might wan to give them a call.

Turbinator
08-08-2005, 3:56 PM
Don't forget BigMac, he'll do transfers as well, in Fremont.

Turby

code33
08-10-2005, 9:18 AM
I've done one through BigMac's shop. Nice to deal with. However, City Arms is much closer.

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
08-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm doing a transfer through City Arms right now. $70, which includes the DROS fees.

Yute
08-10-2005, 11:50 PM
I've used High Bridge twice now - can be a tad pricey ($80 or 10% of firearm cost - depends though so I would call them up first) - but it's a tough business espcially in San Fran so they have to make a living somehow, right? Anyway they have been excellent, never messed up, communications were good and very friendly.

kalibear
08-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Trempel:
I'm doing a transfer through City Arms right now. $70, which includes the DROS fees.

Ouch