PDA

View Full Version : Sue gun makers? How about Baseball bat companies

M198
10-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Now that Louisville Slugger is liable for baseball injuries, why not start sue knife companies if you cut your finger making dinner. BTW, the idiot judge and jury who handed down this verdict are from Montana. Idiots. See video link below.

http://us.cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2009/10/29/baseball.bat.lawsuit.short.cnn

umoja
10-30-2009, 12:04 AM
BTW, the idiot judge and jury who handed down this verdict are from Montana. Idiots

Why does that matter, exactly?

M198
10-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Because this court in Montana has opened the door federally for law suits against baseball bat manufactures. Montana is the same state that told the feds they have no right to restrict intrastate gun and ammo transfers. Just an eyebrow raiser.

umoja
10-30-2009, 1:33 AM
I don't think it necessarily reflects upon Montana; it just reflects on the nature of the judge.

Hanniballs
10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
what a joke.. this country is going to hell. no responsibility anymore.

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 12:45 PM
OMG the world is going crazy.

Aldemar
10-30-2009, 1:33 PM
Looks like we are heading in the same way England is, but I don't think they have banned Cricket bats yet (?).

Next, baseball players will be arrested as soon as they step into the batters box for possession of a deadly weapon. Think of the poor baseball! It's not fair <stamping feet>

Flopper
10-30-2009, 1:33 PM
I don't think it necessarily reflects upon Montana; it just reflects on the nature of the judge.

You're kind of missing the point here.

Yes, it's coincidental that the state this happened in just expanded gun rights.

The important thing is this re-opens the door to frivolous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers, which is NOT a good thing.

See the connection?

MindBuilder
10-30-2009, 3:30 PM
If aluminum bats are excessively dangerous then pitchers should be wearing helmets. If pitchers and regulators don't think it's worth wearing helmets, then I see no reason the manufacturers should think them excessively dangerous.