PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't violent crime be going up since the loss of the AWB?

KracknCorn
10-29-2009, 9:09 PM
Well if your a democrat and a anti-gunner, the end of the of the AWB would mean we should be shooting ourselves more and more... but wait..

http://reason.com/blog/2009/09/14/us-violent-crime-rates-lowest

"The FBI has just released its estimates for 2008 crime rates. The violent crime rate peaked in 1991 at 758.2 crimes per 100,000 population. Violent crimes include homicide, aggravated assaults, and forcible rapes. In 2008, the violent crime rate dropped to its lowest recorded level of 454.5 per 100,000 people. In addition, the property crime rate has also fallen from its 1991 peak of 5,140.2 per 100,000 to its lowest recorded rate of 3,212.5 per 100,000 in 2008."

Link to actual FBI statisitcs

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_01.html

Purple K
10-29-2009, 9:25 PM
Seems as though "shall issue" is working.

Afterburnt
10-29-2009, 9:37 PM
I never believed it was about "crime" control neither did they.

audihenry
10-29-2009, 11:27 PM
It's overly simplistic to simply say ban/no ban and tie it to changes in crime. There are so many other factors that you can't pinpoint.

All I know is, there are two sides and both have some legitimacy.

vf111
10-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Not a surprise - the Clinton "Crime Bill" had nothing to do with "crime" and everything to do with taking something away the ruling elite deemed us serfs shouldn't have lest we hurt ourselves.....

floogy
10-30-2009, 12:04 AM
The fact that no one in the gun control camp seems to get is that there are no gun control laws that have ever proven to lower violent crime. Chicago has had a handgun ban since '82, look at the drop in violent gun crimes in Chicago. Wait, Chicago is one of the most dangerous cities in America. Since some people can't seem to see past the tip of their nose, gun crime always has been and always will be the problem. Not the symptom of the problem.

Apparently "knife crime" is the problem in Britain now. Now advocacy groups over there are calling for stricter controls and punishment for knife crimes. Hmm, are knives the problem? Or just another symptom?

Prior to 1968 a 12 y/o could buy himself a gun in any hardware store. I don't even think school shootings had been invented yet. But here we are in 2009, thousands of laws and dozens of school shootings later. With no apparent solution to the problem. Common sense is an uncommon virtue, not just in CA, not just the US. People are sheep.

Ok, done ranting. Sorry.

audihenry
10-30-2009, 2:06 AM
Since some people can't seem to see past the tip of their nose, gun crime always has been and always will be the problem. Not the symptom of the problem.

And yet when liberals try to spend money to solve the root causes through education and other programs, the republicans get their panties in a knot.

Bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-30-2009, 8:08 AM
The fact that no one in the gun control camp seems to get is that there are no gun control laws that have ever proven to lower violent crime. Chicago has had a handgun ban since '82, look at the drop in violent gun crimes in Chicago. Wait, Chicago is one of the most dangerous cities in America. Since some people can't seem to see past the tip of their nose, gun crime always has been and always will be the problem. Not the symptom of the problem.

Apparently "knife crime" is the problem in Britain now. Now advocacy groups over there are calling for stricter controls and punishment for knife crimes. Hmm, are knives the problem? Or just another symptom?

Prior to 1968 a 12 y/o could buy himself a gun in any hardware store. I don't even think school shootings had been invented yet. But here we are in 2009, thousands of laws and dozens of school shootings later. With no apparent solution to the problem. Common sense is an uncommon virtue, not just in CA, not just the US. People are sheep.

Ok, done ranting. Sorry.

NO NO No STOP IT YOUR MAKING SENSE!

acolytes
10-30-2009, 8:23 AM
I know if I was career criminal, I would chose to live in the cities with the strictest gun laws. Easy pickin's.

n2k
10-30-2009, 8:51 AM
And yet when liberals try to spend money to solve the root causes through education and other programs, the republicans get their panties in a knot.

Bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?

Well when money spent on education goes to the teachers unions and admins and not spent on the kids, panties should get tied.

slik556
10-30-2009, 12:52 PM
not just in CA, not just the US. People are sheep.

Ok, done ranting. Sorry.

Yes and the term for them is Sheeple, and the sound they make is blah blah blah, and there sheeple dog is big Gov.

joelukehart
10-31-2009, 12:22 AM
I know if I was career criminal, I would chose to live in the cities with the strictest gun laws. Easy pickin's.

Well said my friend!

Splinter
10-31-2009, 12:37 AM

Ok, done ranting. Sorry.

I know in the last several years, plenty of nuts in cars have mowed down school children and parents. Maybe after we get rid of guns, and knifes, and stones, we will have to get rid of cars. Atleast that would actually prevent crimes and injuries.

CalNRA
10-31-2009, 1:43 AM
as we all should know by now, there is no longer a distinction between rising crime or decreasing crime, only crime change. Guns contribute to crime change, so they must be banned.

DUH.

joaoalegre
11-07-2009, 9:30 PM
I know in the last several years, plenty of nuts in cars have mowed down school children and parents. Maybe after we get rid of guns, and knifes, and stones, we will have to get rid of cars. Atleast that would actually prevent crimes and injuries.

California should ban "Dangerous Weapons" Vehicles within 1000ft of schools, or they should render them inoperable with the 1000 ft of that zone with GPS Technology.

Oh wait, they should also be "unloaded" with no gas in their fuel tanks.

How about the California Roster of Safe "SUVs"?
That would be a great revenue maker for the State's Budget!

slik556
11-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I never believed it was about "crime" control neither did they.

It was never about crime control.......... it's all about CONTROL period....

slik556
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
It's overly simplistic to simply say ban/no ban and tie it to changes in crime. There are so many other factors that you can't pinpoint.

All I know is, there are two sides and both have some legitimacy.

WRONG!!!!
Dude you need to read a book or two.... Try one of these.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu28/slik556/lott2.jpg
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu28/slik556/lott1.jpg

All fact, not the nonsense that the antis pass off as reasons for gun bans....:sarcasm: