PDA

View Full Version : 10/30 mag blocks? Can't find them....

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 9:32 AM
I saw in the vendor listings awhile back someone had some pre-fabbed plastic blocks to put in 30rd mags (both Pmags and C-prods) to make them 10/30's but I can't seem to find the listing again.

Anyone know where to find them?

Thanks

rct442
10-29-2009, 9:36 AM
Duraglock aka www.solartactical.com on this forum sells them off his website. Here is a thread he posted in the commerical marketplace forum: 10/30 MAGAZINE INSERTS (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=164203)

My suggestion, is to just make them yourself. Its pretty easy to make several at a time off your own template or someone else's magblock.

rct442
10-29-2009, 9:43 AM
JacobSmith on the forum sells 10/30 magazine inserts for a lot cheaper then Duraglock, except he doesn't have a website. All business must go through email/PM.

Here's that thread: Pmag block kits $4 AK 47 block kits $5 Pmag (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=201990)

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I thought I saw some that actually clipped inside the spring?

rct442
10-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I thought I saw some that actually clipped inside the spring?

HUH?:confused:

These you insert in the magazine, then epoxy/weld the floorplate shut. They prevent the magazine follower from traveling all the way to the bottom of the magazine.

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
HUH?:confused:

These you insert in the magazine, then epoxy/weld the floorplate shut. They prevent the magazine follower from traveling all the way to the bottom of the magazine.

I know. But I thought I remember seeing some that fit in the open space in the center of the mag spring and actually clipped to the spring itself to hold them in place once the mag is assembled.

Maybe I'm dreaming....I could be wrong. But I remember thinking "Hey...that's pretty slick."

rct442
10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
I know. But I thought I remember seeing some that fit in the open space in the center of the mag spring and actually clipped to the spring itself to hold them in place once the mag is assembled.

Maybe I'm dreaming....I could be wrong. But I remember thinking "Hey...that's pretty slick."

That could work but it would have to be permanent. It sounds like it would be easily removed, and thus not be considered a real 10rd magazine.

I know C-products sells factory 10/30 magazines with a tab punched in the side to prevent the follower from traveling further than 10rds. These are another option.

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
That could work but it would have to be permanent. It sounds like it would be easily removed, and thus not be considered a real 10rd magazine.

I know C-products sells factory 10/30 magazines with a tab punched in the side to prevent the follower from traveling further than 10rds. These are another option.

There has never been any clear guidance on the issue of "permanance". With the block installed it cant hold more then 10rds.....which means it's a 10rd magazine. If one removes the block they would be manufacturing a hi-cap mag.

How is that any different than having a BB on an AR that can be removed with a simple hand tool?

rct442
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
There has never been any clear guidance on the issue of "permanance". With the block installed it cant hold more then 10rds.....which means it's a 10rd magazine. If one removes the block they would be manufacturing a hi-cap mag.

How is that any different than having a BB on an AR that can be removed with a simple hand tool?

I'm not a lawyer nor do I give legal advice, however I have found regular 10rd magazines for the AR platform in great abundance, and therefore no need for the 10/30 magazines.

For the FAL and G3, both rifles that only use surplus magazines, you pretty much have to own pre-bans or build your own 10/20 mags. In that case I would recommend the mag inserts.

So back on topic, have you decided where you're getting the mag inserts?

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm not a lawyer nor do I give legal advice, however I have found regular 10rd magazines for the AR platform in great abundance, and therefore no need for the 10/30 magazines.

For the FAL and G3, both rifles that only use surplus magazines, you pretty much have to own pre-bans or build your own 10/20 mags. In that case I would recommend the mag inserts.

So back on topic, have you decided where you're getting the mag inserts?

Yes....you can get 10rd mags, I have some, just try to find a mag pouch for them. 30rd body is much better for getting the right "feel" for tactical type training.

Nope....haven't decided yet.....was hoping to find the ones that I saw that fit inside the spring....but haven't located them yet. Maybe I was just having a dream of something I should make and market myself aye?

rct442
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes....you can get 10rd mags, I have some, just try to find a mag pouch for them. 30rd body is much better for getting the right "feel" for tactical type training.

Nope....haven't decided yet.....was hoping to find the ones that I saw that fit inside the spring....but haven't located them yet. Maybe I was just having a dream of something I should make and market myself aye?

Might as well. Everyone on this forum wishes they patented the bullet button.

If you post pictures in the centerfire rifles forum, I'm sure you could get people interested.

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 1:30 PM
Might as well. Everyone on this forum wishes they patented the bullet button.

If you post pictures in the centerfire rifles forum, I'm sure you could get people interested.

I'd swear I saw it here though.....not something I likely woulda thought of on my own. But maybe I will hafta give it a shot.

Vinz
10-29-2009, 3:20 PM
I think you are refereing to this... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3238633&postcount=188

vinz

duraglock
10-29-2009, 4:03 PM
heres a new style.
http://www.solartactical.com/product.sc?productId=75&categoryId=1

Untamed1972
10-29-2009, 4:18 PM
I think you are refereing to this... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3238633&postcount=188

vinz

No that wasn't it.....but that's pretty slick too. Gonna hafta hit up the IT nerd at work and see if eh can scrounge me some of those an give it a try.

jonni
10-29-2009, 4:21 PM
is there anyone to have a 10/30/20 mag block without having to epoxy the bottom shut? Being able to clean the magazine would be nice

THT
10-29-2009, 4:24 PM
is there anyone to have a 10/30/20 mag block without having to epoxy the bottom shut? Being able to clean the magazine would be nice

Wouldn't be permanent then.