PDA

View Full Version : Handgun Disappears Off Of Cali Approved Roster & Not On The Recently Removed Roster?!

Stormfeather
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Heres the background. Went with a friend who I deployed with down to Irvington Arms today to DROS some lowers we bought while in Iraq. He also bought a OD/Black Springfield Armory Marine Corps Operator, (Springfield SKU# PX9105MLP.) and the out of state FFL checked the roster and with DOJ before he sent it into the state.

So we go in to DROS the lowers and the pistol, but apparently the model doesnt exist on the Approved Roster anymore, AND its not on the Recently Removed Models Roster either. I know these are legal in the state, as I have sold them before when I worked at a gunstore and I recently purchased one myself. Does anyone have any idea what may have happened here? Could DOJ be trying to remove models off of the California Approved List without telling anyone?

Any help would be appreciated here guys! Thanks

Kimber TLE/RL II just came off the roster a couple days ago. . . . :(

jmf_tracy
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
i went thru something similar not too long ago. it turned out it was just a paperwork processing delay in the renewal. call the manufacturer and ask them about the status of that gun in regards to the cal doj roster.

Stormfeather
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
i went thru something similar not too long ago. it turned out it was just a paperwork processing delay in the renewal. call the manufacturer and ask them about the status of that gun in regards to the cal doj roster.

The springfield rep told me that it was on the approved roster, I was on the phone with him just now as you responded! Great minds think alike!:cool:

halifax
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
PX9105ML / Carbon Steel Pistol 5.0" .45 ACP 10/25/2010

The P suffix only stands for Package. Pay it no nevermind.

Stormfeather
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
PX9105ML / Carbon Steel Pistol 5.0" .45 ACP 10/25/2010

The P suffix only stands for Package. Pay it no nevermind.

So the Olive Drab/ Black doesnt matter right? Thanks though, I believe this was what we was looking for!

halifax
10-28-2009, 2:14 PM
So the Olive Drab/ Black doesnt matter right? Thanks though, I believe this was what we was looking for!

The colors are defined by the model number in this case. OD/BLK is correct for this model.

M1A Rifleman
10-28-2009, 3:32 PM
Interesting you brought this up. A guy I work with went to Target Masters in Milpitas last Friday and the Sig rep was their. He asked the rep about the micro-stamping law, which the answer is it will never happen. However, the rep stated that what you should be worried about is that your DOJ is not responding to our calls or requests to certify new and recertify existing handguns. He says sig had sent the examples for testing and paid the fees long ago only to here nothing from the DOJ. The rep continues that the refuse to respond to calls or correspondence.

It would seem they are either 1) way back logged due to all the recent sales and 10-day wait activity, 2) using the mandatory Friday leave along with #1 and again are too busy to respond, or 3) something more sinister is brewing??

halifax
10-28-2009, 3:42 PM
Interesting you brought this up. A guy I work with went to Target Masters in Milpitas last Friday and the Sig rep was their. He asked the rep about the micro-stamping law, which the answer is it will never happen. However, the rep stated that what you should be worried about is that your DOJ is not responding to our calls or requests to certify new and recertify existing handguns. He says sig had sent the examples for testing and paid the fees long ago only to here nothing from the DOJ. The rep continues that the refuse to respond to calls or correspondence.

It would seem they are either 1) way back logged due to all the recent sales and 10-day wait activity, 2) using the mandatory Friday leave along with #1 and again are too busy to respond, or 3) something more sinister is brewing??

WOW! If this is true, I'd bet the "right" people would like to hear more about this. Gene are you listening?

hoffmang
10-28-2009, 5:10 PM
Just made aware, thanks!

(I often only have time to keep up with the 2A forum so don't hesitate to email me things like this!)

-Gene

Stormfeather
10-28-2009, 8:54 PM
Glad I opened the can of worms! I too wondered if something more sinister was brewing with DOJ.
Still waiting to hear from my buddy, he was heading back to Irvington Arms and going to try and see if they can straighten it out there. Will report back if it doesnt get worked out, but as we all know, Irvington Arms is great guys, and im sure it is a simple mistake.

trashman
10-29-2009, 7:15 PM
With some luck it's simply an administrative mistake that got propagated into the DROS software....but who knows.

Nice choice of 1911, BTW...:)

--Neill