PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Feedback On The Recently Added Para Warthog?

CHALCEDON
06-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Are these worth buying now that the DOJ has added them to the approved handguns list?

Do they feed reliably now that Para has changed the extractor setup?

Where are they available at the best price?

imported_lunde
06-02-2005, 2:19 PM
I am not sure where you are in this state, but City Arms in Pacifica keeps them in stock, and they tend to have great prices. See: http://www.city-arms.com/

stillbigmac
06-07-2005, 5:57 AM
The warthog still has the old extractor.

I have one in the case... it's too small for me. Everyone else seems to like it.

stillbigmac
06-08-2005, 2:37 PM
I was just looking at the warthog and a colt side by side. The warthog has a power extractor. It is much bigger than the colt extractor. The industry rag I was reading says it could rip the lip right off of a case and showed one they did it too.

whatever
06-08-2005, 3:33 PM
guntest magazine just did a test on it and they said it was very hard to control. The little size made grasping it tough especially with the hard kicking caliber.

I don't think they hated it (can't rmember details) but may have rated it a conditional buy if you could figure a way to hold it firmly.

jdberger
06-10-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't think they hated it

They hated it.
"One of the most uncomfortable guns we've tested, the Warthog ground into our shooting hands painfully....We had problems with hot ammo, which caused the slide stop to lock the gun open from recoil force." Conditional Buy