PDA

View Full Version : VEPR pioneer rifle available?

dwtt
03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I received the EAA catalog in the mail this week and it shows a rifle based on the AK action. It's called the VEPR Pioneer. I called EAA several times and left messages and they have not replied, so I'll ask the collective group here. Has anyone seen one of these rifles? Does anyone know if it's available at all?
I called DOJ this morning and asked about the rifle since I didn't see the VEPR on the banned list, and they appeared to be unfamiliar with it. Anyway, I'm going to send a letter to them with the catalog picture and description of the rifle to get their answer in writing because the action is based on the AK design.

dwtt
03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I received the EAA catalog in the mail this week and it shows a rifle based on the AK action. It's called the VEPR Pioneer. I called EAA several times and left messages and they have not replied, so I'll ask the collective group here. Has anyone seen one of these rifles? Does anyone know if it's available at all?
I called DOJ this morning and asked about the rifle since I didn't see the VEPR on the banned list, and they appeared to be unfamiliar with it. Anyway, I'm going to send a letter to them with the catalog picture and description of the rifle to get their answer in writing because the action is based on the AK design.

bwiese
03-25-2005, 1:37 PM
If the VEPR Pioneer is a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle of AK design, sorry, you're S.O.L.

The VEPR's AK action is - as are all other AKs -banned by the Aug. 2000 Kasler decision.

This ruling enhances Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989; it bans all ARs & AKs by "series"or "class" as Type II AWs -- no matter what evil features it has or doesn't have, and no matter what the manufacturer/ model#/ name is.

[There is some hand-waving due to Harott v. Kings County but I'm not sure how solid that ruling is or how it might trump Kasler - besides which I doubt you'll find ANY FFL dealer in CA willing to rely on Harrott and transfer you a VEPR.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

HeHateMe
03-25-2005, 10:52 PM
No go on the Vepr Pioner. I had contacted DOJ and they said it could not be purchased in Kali, even though the receiver is an RPK, we won't be getting them.

Turbinator
03-26-2005, 6:50 AM
Great... don't you just love how they tell us what we can and can't own??

Turby