PDA

View Full Version : DOJ confiscated my fathers firearms... how to get them back?

Sicarius
10-27-2009, 8:07 PM
Any suggestions on what it takes or how to get them back. I rather not get into too much detail but from what I have been reading, it will take a court order. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Kevin

oaklander
10-27-2009, 8:09 PM
PM sent.

ke6guj
10-27-2009, 8:10 PM
answer would probaby depon on why they were confiscated. Were they in a legal configuration, was he a prohibited person, etc? Without more info, which you may be correctly withholding, probably the only thing that can be recommended is to contact a lawyer.

edit: Too slow, a lawyer already contacted you. Damn ambulance chaser :D

oaklander
10-27-2009, 8:11 PM
It's like a 6th sense that we have!

:p

answer would probaby depon on why they were confiscated. Were they in a legal configuration, was he a prohibited person, etc? Without more info, which you may be correctly withholding, probably the only thing that can be recommended is to contact a lawyer.

edit: Too slow, a lawyer already contacted you. Damn ambulance chaser :D

Sicarius
10-27-2009, 8:43 PM
lol. thanks for the reply though.
Kevin

bigcalidave
10-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Seriously? 2 minutes oak? I know the economy is down but is it that competitive? lol.

Flintlock Tom
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
After my case was completed the detective in my case wrote me a note that said "the case is completed and the bearer can have his guns back". I took the note to the PD property room, they loaded up all of my guns, about a dozen, into a shopping cart (seriously) and I rolled it out to my car.
San Diego, CA, mid 90s.

gunn
10-28-2009, 12:48 PM
After my case was completed the detective in my case wrote me a note that said "the case is completed and the bearer can have his guns back". I took the note to the PD property room, they loaded up all of my guns, about a dozen, into a shopping cart (seriously) and I rolled it out to my car.
San Diego, CA, mid 90s.

Did they also have your ammo and did you get that back as well?
-g