PDA

View Full Version : Automatic weapons

Sean#2
07-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Is it possible to aqure a FFA class 3 license in California?

leo@csuhayward.edu
07-15-2005, 1:38 AM
i asked a dealer about that from the midwest.

he literally LOL'ed on the phone...

imported_Skammy
07-15-2005, 3:31 AM
I assume by FFA you mean FFL ?

If you can get a regular FFL I don't see why not..
The issue is that you need the DOJ's approval to import or manufacturer a machine gun and all those other goodies...

Sean#2
07-15-2005, 5:53 AM
I'm sorry,I got my BATF legaleese mixed up. I meant type 3 FFL with the purpose of owning guns regulated under the FFA legislation. It would seem to me that getting a colector's license woul be fairly straightforward even under the Caliban regime since guns aquired with a collectors license usually aren't used.

Turbinator
07-15-2005, 6:17 AM
Highly doubt it's easy to get. I used to think, and maybe someone knowledgeable can verify, wasn't the original intent of an FFL of any type for collectors to use as a way to get firearms for their collection?

Turby

Mike
07-15-2005, 6:34 AM
By FFA, do you mean NFA? For Class 3 firearms, such as mg's, SBR's, AOW's, etc?

Sean#2
07-15-2005, 7:06 AM
It's starting to look more and more like the BATF made the terminology confusing on purpose.

Yes, I was interested in the legal requirements for a license for automatic weapons. They seem to refer to them as class 3 Federal Firearms Licenses, Federal Firearms Act licenses, and I remember seeing something about NFA, but I can't remember what it stands for.

50 Freak
07-15-2005, 7:26 AM
Is it legal for you to get one in CA. Yes

Will you ever get one in CA. NO.

I asked the DOJ once, they laughed at me. Said I could send in the application and the check, but they were just going to deny it. But thanks for the check.

Bastards!!!!!!!!!

uzigalil
07-15-2005, 7:33 AM
There are several class 02 amd 07 dealers in California who legally own machine guns and suppressors. The Atf is not the problem , you have to prove to the Cal doj that you have military or Law enforcement buissness to get approved, That is the only way the cal doj will even think about aprroving you, not for personnel collecting.

50 Freak
07-15-2005, 8:03 AM
Yeah, lets get this straight. If your in the "business" meaning movie company, law enforcement, military. It is tough to get one, but possible.

If your going to get one so you can "collect" full auto weapons. Forget about it. Ain't going to happen.

delloro
07-15-2005, 8:06 AM
It's so bad that hollywood gun wranglers are quitting the business.

Canada and other countries do not have the ridiculous "no MGs after 86, period" law, so if a movie is based on modern events requiring a MG made after 86, goodbye, hollywood and hello offshore filming.

bwiese
07-15-2005, 8:45 AM
Acquiring semiauto AWs is nearly impossible, so MGs are gonna be even worse.

If you want to even touch the NFA full-auto world (including suppressors, short-bbl rifles and shotguns), you essentially need to move out of California.

Unless you can show clear and convincing need, you're not gonna get CA permission even if you managed to get Fed permission; this means you essentially gotta have a list of legit customers, you're defense/LEO related, etc.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

PressCheck
07-15-2005, 10:24 AM
I have an Acquaintance here in Kalifornia that has one. Among his inventory are a belt feed .50', MP5, UMG, SAW, surpressed .22 pistol plus others.

uzigalil
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Delloro, you are incorrect. One of the biggest hollywood firearm movie suppliers is in Burbank.

Charliegone
07-15-2005, 2:43 PM
Speaking of burbank did you guys hear about that burbank councilwoman who sold dope and guns to anyone? Apparently she was caught, but not only that, one of the guns her boyfriend sold (with her discretion of course) was used to kill a cop. She is REALLY gonna get it.

bwiese
07-15-2005, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by Charliegone:
Speaking of burbank did you guys hear about that burbank councilwoman who sold dope and guns to anyone? Apparently she was caught, but not only that, one of the guns her boyfriend sold (with her discretion of course) was used to kill a cop. She is REALLY gonna get it.

Charliegone,

I'd like to hear more about that one - got a link to article on news website?

Reminds me of the Million Mom March mom that was busted with stolen/illegal (can't remember exact details) guns recently - or the other MMM mom that's in jail for murder...

Bill W.
San Jose

delloro
07-15-2005, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by uzigalil:
Delloro, you are incorrect. One of the biggest hollywood firearm movie suppliers is in Burbank.

I didn't say there weren't any left, just that they are quitting the business.

LongBch_SigP226
07-15-2005, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by bwiese:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charliegone:

Charliegone,

I'd like to hear more about that one - got a link to article on news website?

Reminds me of the Million Mom March mom that was busted with stolen/illegal (can't remember exact details) guns recently - or the other MMM mom that's in jail for murder...

Bill W.
San Jose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050715-0239-ca-councilwomanarrested.html

LongBch_SigP226
07-15-2005, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by Sean#2:
I remember seeing something about NFA, but I can't remember what it stands for.

NFA=National Firearms Act

http://www.gunrunner.com/NFA.html