PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV 2.0 for $50, why should I?

M198
10-27-2009, 1:16 AM
I have a friend who asked me if I'd like to guy his AppleTV for $50. This sounds like a great deal right? Here is the thing though, I already have a PS3, Xbox 360, HD-DVD player, and digital cable. That means I have 500 channels, blu-ray, netflix, you tube, and a ton of other stuff like Hulu, CNN, etc through playon streaming from the HTPC in the back bedroom. Between the xbox and the 360 I can play almost any format streamed from any of my 3 computers. So what can apple TV do that my ps3 and xbox360 can't? I can rent and buy movies from xbox live or the PS3 store and most itunes music now-a-days is DRM free, so that's not a problem.

JDay
10-27-2009, 1:21 PM
Waste of money, the apple tv is made to get you to empty your wallet buying content off itunes.

Blackhawk556
10-27-2009, 1:48 PM
if you have all that stuff don't buy it, if you didn't then i would say go for it

but you'll be cool having apple stuff.

j/k

sfwdiy
10-27-2009, 4:57 PM
For you, it makes no sense. I'll probably buy one once I get another TV to put in the bedroom.

--B

n2k
10-27-2009, 5:14 PM
Its great if you have other Apple products to coordinate with. I was taking pictures of my hunt (iphone) and uploading them to my mobile me account, which in-turn gets upload directly to my apple TV and shows on my TV at home for viewing pleasure.

M198
10-28-2009, 4:05 PM
Its great if you have other Apple products to coordinate with. I was taking pictures of my hunt (iphone) and uploading them to my mobile me account, which in-turn gets upload directly to my apple TV and shows on my TV at home for viewing pleasure.

I can just transfer my iphone pictures to my Desktop, HTPC, or laptop and once they are on there, they can be displayed through the PS3 or xbox.

n2k
10-28-2009, 4:39 PM
I can just transfer my iphone pictures to my Desktop, HTPC, or laptop and once they are on there, they can be displayed through the PS3 or xbox.

True, the beauty was that I was in Utah and my wife could see it in Pasadena.