View Full Version : help reset windows password

10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Anybody know of an easy way to reset my windows account password? It says it is wrong but I know for a fact it isn't because I use the same password for my desktop so I remember it easy. I just installed the OS and installed a bunch on programs so I'm thinking one of those progrmas could have caused the problem. The laptop doesn't have a seconds profile, I can't login through safe mode either, I tried system restore to earlier point, and tried repair using install disk but nothing.

Am I screwed? Is the profile corrupt? Should I just wipe the computer and reinstall OS?

10-27-2009, 12:28 AM
If there's nothing of value on the pc, I'd say just wipe it and start over, it's good to do every once in a while anyway.

If there's anything you need, there are programs out there that can find your windows password by booting from a disk. I won't say anything else, because they are often used illegally and are usually considered forbidden to speak about publicly. My roommate does it for people sometimes that get locked out of their PCs.

10-27-2009, 12:57 AM
What's the OS? It's not a Vista with Bitlocker, right? Did you install any drive encryption, or are you using a hard drive with full drive encryption? If the answer is yes to any of those, you're SOL.

If the answer is no, there're multiple software packages to reset your password:

10-27-2009, 5:52 AM
I usually use this one

the one suggestion i have if you use it is to blank out the password, and reset it in windows when done.

10-27-2009, 8:30 AM

Never had any issue with it. Download it, burn it onto a CD, boot into it, and remove your password.

Takes less than ten minutes.

10-27-2009, 1:50 PM
no I dont have encryption on the drive. I just don't get what happen, I typed my password twice during setup and everything went fine.

I'll try those suggestions. thanks

10-27-2009, 2:55 PM
Best of luck Danny. I so computer stupid I have to have people fix my screw ups or my daughters screw ups. Last time she cost me a hard drive on MY laptop.

Corbin Dallas
10-27-2009, 7:47 PM
You can erase the password even if it has drive or bit lock enabled.

10-27-2009, 8:19 PM

works like magic....

10-29-2009, 10:38 PM
GOT IT :party:

thanks a lot everyone I was able to get unlocked. Good thing I didn't encrypt the HDD otherwise like some of you said I would have been S.O.L.