PDA

View Full Version : I need help guys

scfrogmansc
10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
hi every one i am new to this site.. i live in santa ana orange county.. i want to know is there a place near me that i can drive to with out a SUV and be able to shoot at an open range? if anyone out there knows a good place to go where i can shoot with sidearms holstered and a shotgun straped to my back please let me know... i usually go to burrros canyon but i want to try some place new

thanks

TacticalAdvantageConcepts
10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi, we're doing a tactical movement shoot this Wednesday at Evan's Gunsmithing and Shooter's World. We rented out the law enforcement side to do the training. We'll be running drills where you move from barricade to barricade and fire from them. We also implement transition drills from primary to secondary weapons. If you would like more information please call 949-606-3281 and ask for Chris. He will be the primary rangemaster for that event.

diginit
10-27-2009, 9:00 PM
Do a search for BLM in your area. Most have decent dirt roads.

rulas41
10-28-2009, 1:27 PM
there is lytle creek in san bernadino the road is paved right up to there drive way

CGT80
10-28-2009, 2:49 PM
I don't believe you can holster your weapon or or have a shotgun slung on your back at Lytle creek. Have you ever shot a steel competition? Normally on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of the month there are competitions in Norco, Ca. Check out http://www.ssashooter.net

We haven't shot lately due to the passing of one of the club founders, but hopefully it will resume. We also had two night matches so far this year that were man vs. man shootouts, or drag races.

The meets are open to anyone of any skill level, and the atmosphere is pretty relaxed. You can only load your weapon when you are ready to fire, but you can carry mags and guns holstered on yourself for the day.

If this sounds like something you would like, check out the web site and also let me know if you have any questions. I have been shooting with this group for the last 6 months and would be happy to fill you in.

Bigballaizm
10-28-2009, 3:04 PM
I believe CGT is correct. Your best bet is to do what DII said and search for BLM land of your preference. Im thinking you might have to do a little driving. Good luck with that & oh.... Welcome to CG's scfrogmansc & TacticalAdvantageConcepts!

What Just Happened?
10-28-2009, 3:26 PM
Actually, I'm told that there was a match going on this Sunday for the SSA in Corona.

CGT80
10-28-2009, 9:16 PM
Actually, I'm told that there was a match going on this Sunday for the SSA in Corona.

That's good news. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it though. I broke my leg a couple weeks ago while dirtbiking, so now I have to walk with crutches. I checked out the 4 posted courses of fire and it looks like I could probably shoot them from a chair and just have whomever I bring along to shoot with me set steel for me and give me a hand with my gear. I could just skip shooting for a few months, but it would be nice to try out my XD that was supposed to be finished from the gunsmith today, and the 1911 that I had fitted with a new barrel for my dad.