curtisfong
10-26-2009, 6:06 PM
Sounds like a good man

hill billy
10-26-2009, 7:15 PM
Wow. Pretty cool.

HondaMasterTech
10-26-2009, 7:20 PM
I had a chance to listen to all the candidates speak at the CCW forum at the ElDorado County Fairgrounds a while back. I will not argue that Stan Perez came off as genuine with his words. He admits the world we live in is dangerous and criminal behavior is not predictable. Therefore, good cause exists for every person. He seems like he truely cares about the well being of the residents of ElDorado County.

stan4sheriff
10-26-2009, 7:38 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Chief (ret) Stan Perez, and I appreciate the discussion on this issue which began when somebody posted and my long standing position on weapons permits. I promise you this, with 60-minutes of me taking office my policy, as quoted above, will be in place.

But I could use your help in Any help in restoring our rights, solving the Sheriff's budget crisis, refilling all 12 vacant deputy positions, re-engergizing our organization, ridding our county of gangs and drug labs, and preparing ourselves for the 3,000 prisoners about to be released from our State prisons.

I would be humbled, appreciative, and honored if you joined my team. Please visit my web site at: www.stan4sheriff.com

Then, if my message resonates with you please endorse me, support me, donate just $10, and spread the word. Hold a coffee gathering for just an hour and invite your neighbors and friends. In less than 60-minutes I will lay out exactly, not a theory, what we will do together, you and I, to improve public safety in our county. Thank you in advance! Stan

otteray
10-26-2009, 7:38 PM
I can't vote there; but my second home is is Tahoma.
Hopefully, folks like me that are there every few three day weekends throughout the year and on week long vacations a few times a year, can qualify.
It just does not make sense that I can now CCW on the other side of the lake over in Nevada when going out there to dinner, a show, shopping, hiking or whatever; but somehow I can't be trusted just a few miles away, in my home state that I was born in .

Socom16Fan
10-26-2009, 8:49 PM
Post Deleted Due To Stan Perez being dishonest

mtptwo
10-27-2009, 5:41 PM
Funny, I live a few miles from the El Dorado county line here in Sacramento county. So close but yet so far.

dantodd
10-27-2009, 6:15 PM
[M]y second home is is Tahoma.
Hopefully, folks like me that are there every few three day weekends throughout the year and on week long vacations a few times a year, can qualify.

Issuing CCWs to people who have a residence in the county but also have a residence in another county is an interesting question. I would like to know the Stan's opinion on issuing to a person who has a part-time residence in El Dorado County. I assume it is a residence for tax purposes? (i.e. you can take a write off on mortgage interest)

otteray
10-27-2009, 6:46 PM
My house for tax purposes? It's paid for.
Nope; it's for family members and fun, then retirement in 3 years. A few months at the lake then a few months at the ocean.
Oregon, in-between.

stan4sheriff
10-27-2009, 7:46 PM
Otteray ~ California law recognizes weapon permits issued in any other county of the state. Unfortunately, states don't yet recognize permits issued by other states, except for peace officers, retired officers, and a very few others.

Mtptwo & Otteray ~ move to El Dorado County, I could use the support and additional votes! : ) Stan

thebronze
10-27-2009, 7:48 PM
It's awesome how some moderator took down a post that was critical of poor 'ole Stan.

Fascist much?

Socom16Fan
10-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Foulball
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
It's awesome how some moderator took down a post that was critical of poor 'ole Stan.

Fascist much?

You are obviously not getting the hint. Do you have anything useful to add to this discussion or are you going to continue to flame it?
How about some questions for Stan, since he's obviously posting here and can answer them.

thebronze
10-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I already know all I need to know about Stan.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Mstrty
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM

Fascist much?

I have never had any of my posts deleted. There are a lot of opinions here. No one will stop you from voicing your opinion here. Calling others dumb is no way to treat other members. You might be dealing with dirt bags on a daily basis. However please turn off your high and mighty attitude when you start posting here please.

Id like to hear more before I create my opinion on Stan. Your opinions are noted!

thebronze
10-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I have never had any of my posts deleted. There are a lot of opinions here. No one will stop you from voicing your opinion here. Calling others dumb is no way to treat other members. You might be dealing with dirt bags on a daily basis. However please turn off your high and mighty attitude when you start posting here please.

Id like to hear more before from Stan.

If my post were still up, you'd see that I did no such thing.

Like I said...

This place is more and more like Daily Kos (or other Lefty sites that delete posts that don't tow the party line).

Mstrty
10-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Like I said...

This place is more and more like Daily Kos (or other Lefty sites that delete posts that don't tow the party line).

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdrummerboy
Hey all, I was wondering what is the legality of carrying loaded and concealed in your own home? Since home is private property and not public, I would think it is okay, am I wrong?

Are you for real?

What kind of dumb question is that?

Please go back and read your own posts. You dont attempt to help you just Flame. A member asks a question and you call him dumb. Keep it up and you will continue get your posts deleted until you get banned an no longer have an opinion on Calguns to share.

leelaw
10-27-2009, 10:51 PM

Fascist much?

An Administrator deleted your post because you couldn't post in a civil manner, in violation of the rules. You can express your opinion, but you must do so without denegrating to insulting or childish remarks.

Fascist? :rolleyes: We love you, too.

thebronze
10-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdrummerboy
Hey all, I was wondering what is the legality of carrying loaded and concealed in your own home? Since home is private property and not public, I would think it is okay, am I wrong?

Please go back and read your own posts. You dont attempt to help you just Flame. A member asks a question and you call him dumb. Keep it up and you will continue get your posts deleted until you get banned an no longer have an opinion on Calguns to share.

Read much? I said it was a dumb question. I didn't say he was dumb.

Like I said, vote for Stan.

HondaMasterTech
10-27-2009, 11:10 PM
It is wonderful that someone started a thread with good purpose and it has turned into something that is generally offensive to read. Though, I'm sure most readers, including Stan Perez, are intelligent enough to ignore the childish nonsense and retain respect for the rest of the forum community.

Mstrty
10-27-2009, 11:11 PM
^beat me by 1 min.^
<sigh> I hope this thread can get back on topic.

Stan where are you:D

dantodd
10-27-2009, 11:19 PM

Like I said...

First it is "toe" the party line.
Second, it is a private forum and if you dislike the rules you are welcome to leave it.

6172crew
10-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Second, it is a private forum and if you dislike the rules you are welcome to leave it.

Doesn't leave much room, does it?;)

dantodd
10-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Doesn't leave much room, does it?;)

It leaves plenty of room. I've had my "parts" in a vice plenty of times, and I've had plenty of posts deleted, some fairly and some I don't think should have been.

Life goes on. I can accept Paul's rules or I can take my ball and go home.

thebronze
10-28-2009, 5:31 AM

Thanks for the the grammar tip.

Vote for Stan.

mtptwo
10-28-2009, 9:13 AM
You are obviously not getting the hint. Do you have anything useful to add to this discussion or are you going to continue to flame it?
How about some questions for Stan, since he's obviously posting here and can answer them.

Anything useful? Yeah, he reminded us that the mods here are slanted in the extreme.

Socom16Fan
10-28-2009, 10:13 AM

tba02
10-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Issuing CCWs to people who have a residence in the county but also have a residence in another county is an interesting question. I would like to know the Stan's opinion on issuing to a person who has a part-time residence in El Dorado County.

As would I since I have a place there as well. It is not considered my permanent residence (yet), though I am there often.

BigJim_610
10-28-2009, 12:39 PM
From the other canditates, specifically Larry Hennick and Ernie Hillman.

What are your comment regarding Jeff Neves resignation and his recommended replacement Craig T, a known anti CCW person?

HondaMasterTech
10-28-2009, 3:46 PM
All candidates seemed to have a decent background. It was easier to believe some candidates over others in respect to CCW issues.

fullspeed1
10-28-2009, 3:54 PM
Stan Perez needs to run for state governor. BTW, I F@#King hate Santa Cruz County!!!!!