View Full Version : "No ppt"

10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I saw this on a Gun Broker auction. The guy is in Orange County and has 36 guns up for auction. Some are C&R others not, but all carry this in the descriptions:

"... This firearm will be shipped with an FFL. I only ship to legal FFL holders, no "ppt" *** Shipping will be $25.00 via FedEx, this includes insurance. California residence must pay sales tax. Thank you for your interest. *****I WILL BE LISTING OVER 50 FIREARMS FROM MY COLLECTION IN THE NEXT 5 DAYS, PLEASE SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS AND RIFLES*****. "

How does he expect to sell any of them in California if he won't do a PPT? :confused:

10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
If he ships to an FFL, it's not technically a PPT (which California defines as face to face with both parties being residents). Technically, it's an FFL to FFL transfer. Meaning, the roster DOES apply. What it probably means is that he doesn't want to meet up with 36 different people. it's easier to just ship it.

10-25-2009, 10:20 PM
and expects us to pay sales tax?"

this guy must be a FFL holder or something. or else collecting sales tax on sales in CA is illegal if he is a private seller