PDA

View Full Version : CCW permit question

LongBch_SigP226
05-15-2005, 3:12 PM
Let's say I get a CCW permit from Orange County and before it expires, I move to L.A. county.
How will the renewal process go? Do I have to renew with L.A. County or do I renew with CA DOJ?

MadMex
05-15-2005, 3:59 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding… tsk, tsk, tsk…

You already know the answer.

Yous gots to have yours current address on the permit.

Don’t move to LA County.

jnojr
05-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by DingChavez:
Let's say I get a CCW permit from Orange County and before it expires, I move to L.A. county.
How will the renewal process go? Do I have to renew with L.A. County or do I renew with CA DOJ?

The only way you could swing this would be to have the money to sue LA County for refusing to renew / reissue your permit.

NYC2SoCal
05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
CCW - Terms of License:

#1 A license holder shall notify the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Professional Standards Division (PSD) Commander of any change of address within ten days of the change. A permit will expire 90 days after the licensee moves from Orange County Sheriff's Department jurisdiction if the residence was a basis for the issuance of the license, this will allow the permitee time to apply for a CCW with their new jurisdiction.

Renewal is done by the county. Maybe you can slip it by Baca since he's so busy right now on the news and townhalls... NOT!