PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Paying At&t $30.00 a month for a fax line...

Eric Mayer
10-25-2009, 11:09 AM
So, what are you guys using/paying?

We absolutely need a fax line for our business. Porting our current line over would be necessary, but saving enough to make it worthwhile would be paramount in our decision.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance!

Eric :cool:

PonchoTA
10-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I pay $7.99 per month for an 800 line with uReach.com, and they have fax services built in. (along with email, phone services, etc.)
I would just get a decent scanner, and make your docs pdf's then send them over the fax line.

They have NEVER gone down, never 'lost' an email, and their customer service is top-notch. They have lots of different levels of service and capabilities for you to choose from. They may even be able to customize a set for you, depending on your needs and budget.

I recommend them highly. :thumbsup:

JDay
10-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Checkout the many online fax services. Best part is no long distance/toll fees.

Eric Mayer
10-25-2009, 2:29 PM
I pay $7.99 per month for an 800 line with uReach.com, and they have fax services built in. (along with email, phone services, etc.)
I would just get a decent scanner, and make your docs pdf's then send them over the fax line.

They have NEVER gone down, never 'lost' an email, and their customer service is top-notch. They have lots of different levels of service and capabilities for you to choose from. They may even be able to customize a set for you, depending on your needs and budget.

I recommend them highly. :thumbsup:

I'll try them. PM me your uNumber and I'll put it in my referral box (not sure if you benefit in anyway, but they ask for it).

Thanks!

artherd
10-25-2009, 2:50 PM
ringcentral.com

mydogsmonkey
10-25-2009, 3:30 PM
+1 for the online faxing. much cheaper, there are even free ones. try them out

FastFinger
10-25-2009, 3:43 PM
Do you need the line for transmitting or receiving faxes?

If it's for receiving faxes I use www.k7.net. Tey assign a personal number that will accepts faxes and email them to me as PDF files. That way I only print out the ones I want, and it's also easy to forward and share them.

The service is free and the only downside is that if the number doesn't receive an incoming phone call or fax once every 30 days the service is terminated. Other than tha - great service.

Eric Mayer
10-25-2009, 4:27 PM
I need for receiving, and only occasionally. Our software already emails .pdf work-orders and invoices, so 90% of the need is resolved.

FastFinger
10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
I need for receiving, and only occasionally. Our software already emails .pdf work-orders and invoices, so 90% of the need is resolved.

In that case k7.net will do the trick - and do it well. We've been using it for quite a while w/o any problems.

Head over there and set up an account - takes all of 60 seconds - no credit card info needed - nada needed, then send your new fax number a few faxes to see if it works for you. And I was wrong earlier - they email them to you as tiff files - not that that's a big deal.