PDA

View Full Version : WA CCW

MadMex
06-30-2005, 5:06 AM
I did a cursory read of the WA application process on packing.org and couldn’t find a training requirement. Does anyone have first hand application experience or knowledge about the WA process? Is demonstration of proficiency and / or safety a requirement? Is the training state specific?

Thanks in advance.

LongBch_SigP226
06-30-2005, 7:43 AM
I don't think there is a proficiency/safety demo requirement. I hope you know that you have to show up at the Courthouse in person to apply for the non-resident ccw license.

http://www.metrokc.gov/sheriff/services/gun_permits/

PressCheck
06-30-2005, 8:31 AM
I have one. Just show up at the Sheriff's office, and do the paperwork - That's it.

MadMex
06-30-2005, 8:06 PM
Thank you. I have a half day to burn in WA next week. I might as well put it to good use. I noticed that some counties have a significantly shorter processing time than King. I guess that’s one of the perks for applying as a non-resident... ie, the ability to "shop" counties for submission.

PressCheck
07-01-2005, 9:11 AM
Originally posted by MadMex:
Thank you. I have a half day to burn in WA next week. I might as well put it to good use. I noticed that some counties have a significantly shorter processing time than King. I guess that’s one of the perks for applying as a non-resident... ie, the ability to "shop" counties for submission.

I got mine in Lewis County.. Received the CCW in 2 or 3 weeks. King County might be a minor hassle.