View Full Version : Selling my father's revolver

10-25-2009, 8:29 AM
Hello, I have a S&W revolver that is registered under my father's (still alive) name.
I have that revolver in my possession at this time (given to me); however, i haven't tranfer it under my name. Question is that my friend wants to buy this revolver. Do i have to register under my name first and then sell it? Or can I just act as a seller and do a PPT? I just don't want to bother my father with this transfer issue.
Thanks in advance!!!

10-25-2009, 9:46 AM
To do it right, you should fill out the form to say that you got it from your father.

Most likely you can just do a PPT without a problem.

Personally, I think that you should mention it to your father since he might not want to selling it, but that is your issue.

10-27-2009, 2:31 PM
I recently helped my father sell off several handguns from his collection, on consignment. I simply took them to the dealer and placed them on consignment and they were sold and transferred to the new owner by the FFL. Painless.