PDA

View Full Version : My letter to DeLeon

ChrisDM
10-25-2009, 4:43 AM
Mr De Leon, it is such a disappointment in these times, when schools and parks are literally being closed to spare state funds, that you would introduce legislation that will cost the state millions and tie up precious state staff just to monitor the sale of ammunition. Criminals don't obey gun laws, obviously, so what makes you think they will obey ammo laws? And in a time when we are closing schools and parks due to lack of funds? This simply defines what is wrong with California government.

And what's my personal beef with it, despite the obvious mentioned above? I am a law abiding citizen and firearm enthusiast. I have a few special collector's pieces that don't use off the shelf ammo. Ammo for one of my rare pistols is only sold in Georgia! So will the state fund my trip to Georgia as a law abiding citizen as a direct result of this law? Furthermore, do you think it is the gangbangers that are placing mail orders for vintage ammo from Georgia? No, their cousins are going to buy them their 9mm ammo from the Wal mart down the street! And they will have extra free time to do it because their school is closed today due to a lack of state funds! Brilliant! Once again, this move simply defines what is wrong with California government.

PS Did you know that the states/districts with the least gun control generally have the lowest crime rates? I grew up in Dallas, TX, where the criminals are well aware that the law abiding person or business they are considering jacking may very well have the ability to respond with equal force. It actually shifts the balance of power AWAY from the criminal, and it is obviously effective as a deterrent to violent crime.

Criminals don't obey restrictive gun laws, we do.

Chris Miller

50CalAL
10-25-2009, 5:24 AM
Nice letter, makes total sense and I'd have to agree with you.......however, since komiefornia politicians don't understand what logic IS and are just blindly using gun/ammo control as a blind cause to further their careers....I think your pleas for a sensible response will fall on deaf ears...Sorry...for all of us :(

Doug L
10-25-2009, 6:06 AM
Nice letter, makes total sense...komiefornia politicians don't understand what logic IS...will fall on deaf ears...Sorry...for all of us :(

After observing, listening to, and talking with them for many years, I have come to realize, that Democrats are genetically incapable of logical or rational thought. To any issue, they can only respond emotionally.

As inept as Republicans usually are, this is the single biggest reason never to allow Democrats to control any branch of any level of government.

I'm sorry, too.

Casey
10-25-2009, 6:49 AM
Keep in mind that when asked to defend his bill to one of the many committees his turkey bill sailed through, he did not expand on the benefits of the bill or explain how it would be good for public safety and/or reduce crime. Mr. DeLeon spent his two minutes whining about how he was being personally attacked and how mean and spiteful the opposition was being to him for just trying to save the children. You are wasting your time with this asshat as he has found his political holy grail of media attention sucking. Gun and ammo control are making this guy famous in CA politics.

bodger
10-25-2009, 7:25 AM
Keep in mind that when asked to defend his bill to one of the many committees his turkey bill sailed through, he did not expand on the benefits of the bill or explain how it would be good for public safety and/or reduce crime. Mr. DeLeon spent his two minutes whining about how he was being personally attacked and how mean and spiteful the opposition was being to him for just trying to save the children. You are wasting your time with this asshat as he has found his political holy grail of media attention sucking. Gun and ammo control are making this guy famous in CA politics.

And it's a hog trough that other politicians are more than ready to stick their snouts in and align themsleves with another feel-good gun law and the anti-gun nanny that authored it.

Carmen Trutanich apparently is one of them. When the City of Los Angeles passed their ammo restriction ordinance, Trutanich's law firm partner C.D. Michel who represents the NRA, called it "Looking like you're doing something when you're not really doing anything".

Trutanich at first seemed like he might not be an anti, but clearly he knows where the votes are in this state and it's not with the gunnies, no matter how pro-gun he may actually be. He was right there with Arnie and Kevie when the ceremonial signing of AB962 took place downtown.

It's all about the votes and the majority. Put a creep like DeLeon in a state like Montana and he would be irrelevant even if he managed to get elected somehow.

Here, in this state, he can go a long way with his crusade to take our guns.

SPUTTER
10-25-2009, 9:55 AM
Nice letter, makes total sense and I'd have to agree with you.......however, since komiefornia politicians don't understand what logic IS and are just blindly using gun/ammo control as a blind cause to further their careers....I think your pleas for a sensible response will fall on deaf ears...Sorry...for all of us :(

+1 Exactly.

I can just picture Fienstein slapping DeLeon on the back while saying, "Good job son, you are going to go far".

Hunt
10-25-2009, 10:01 AM
After observing, listening to, and talking with them for many years, I have come to realize, that Democrats are genetically incapable of logical or rational thought. To any issue, they can only respond emotionally.

As inept as Republicans usually are, this is the single biggest reason never to allow Democrats to control any branch of any level of government.

I'm sorry, too.

liberalism is a mental disorder.

I can just picture Fienstein slapping DeLeon on the back while saying, "Good job son, you are going to go far".

yes this is right DeLeon is simply building his lib resume.

jamesob
10-25-2009, 10:07 AM
i bet he writes you back saying that he is sorry and that he made a huge mistake.

HondaMasterTech
10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
His staff will see the blur across the screan and send you a mass generated response about how this bill and further gun/ammo restrictions will save us all. If your point was to make a point, good. If your point was to educate DeLeon, you wasted your time.

ChrisDM
10-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I should have clarified, I don't really expect to change anything with this letter of course. It just made me feel better to write it. And to share it with you guys.

bodger
10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I should have clarified, I don't really expect to change anything with this letter of course. It just made me feel better to write it. And to share it with you guys.

It's a good letter. Makes sense and brings up many good points as to why
AB962 makes no sense.

If only DeLeon's elected official colleagues would see how ridiculous these bills are.

Hunt
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
It's a good letter. Makes sense and brings up many good points as to why
AB962 makes no sense.

If only DeLeon's elected official colleagues would see how ridiculous these bills are.

they don't care they are looking for soros money

yellowfin
10-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I always hear the excuse for leftism that they "think" with emotions. What kind of f***ed up emotions can one possibly have to buy into that crap? I have plenty of emotions at times but nothing so pathetic as that.

Hunt
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM
His staff will see the blur across the screan and send you a mass generated response about how this bill and further gun/ammo restrictions will save us all. If your point was to make a point, good. If your point was to educate DeLeon, you wasted your time.

I spoke with DeLeon's assistant she was an airhead and idiot she didn't know reloading existed and told me " you have no concern about what the Constitution says only lawyers and judges can say what it means" yep I about fell out of my chair. She also said, "Heller is about guns not ammo so we can make any rules we want concerning ammo"

Sleepy1988
10-25-2009, 12:58 PM
De Leon and his ilk don't care if states/districts with the least gun control generally have low crime rates, they just care about looking good and controlling us.

Fate
10-25-2009, 1:03 PM
De Leon is a (instead of listing the foul names I would like to write here, I'll sum it all up in the word following this sidebar...) politician.

May he and those of his ilk, rot in hell.

ChrisDM
10-25-2009, 2:43 PM
If you think a person should "rot in hell" because of his political beliefs then I think you may have more personal issues than he does. It is that sort of angst that makes our side look worse than theirs... For as much as we may disagree with something like an ammo regulation, it certainly in my opinion isn't the sort of issue that should cause such childish and violent emotion. For as much as I disagree with DeLeon's politics I will bet that he would never be stupid enough to wish you to "rot in hell" on a public forum, which makes him more of an honorable man than you, by my standards. But of course that's just my opinion.

bodger
10-25-2009, 4:45 PM
I spoke with DeLeon's assistant she was an airhead and idiot she didn't know reloading existed and told me " you have no concern about what the Constitution says only lawyers and judges can say what it means" yep I about fell out of my chair. She also said, "Heller is about guns not ammo so we can make any rules we want concerning ammo"

"We can make any rules we want".

I don't know what color Kool-Aid that DeLeon is feeding his staff, but that right there is frightening.

FWIW, I hope he rots in hell as well.

I've seen some pretty brave actions by men who swore to protect and defend the Constitution. This guy is willing to dump all over it to further his B.S. political career.

SAN compnerd
10-25-2009, 4:57 PM
Although 'rot in hell' may be a bit harsh, I do believe that a person who tells untruths and outright lies to the public he is supposed to be serving and with his lies and actions actually make the people he serves less safe, with the main purpose to ensure his success in future elections is very deserving of some harsh and critical language if not legal prosecution. I don't see at all how the lack of public statements on a persons final disposition makes him in any way more honorable and seriously doubt this man has an honorable bone in his body. I can think of a few other terms like low down, coniving, rotten, lying, cheating, self serving, under handed, snake in the grass, etc that would be a good choice in describing this person, but honorable never crossed my mind.

calixt0
10-25-2009, 8:22 PM
My biggest problem with most of those who want gun control (in government) don't even really believe or care about gun control. They simply use it like a free easy reelection button ( see I care about public safety). Now I don't believe for a minute (as I know many of you don't either) that gun legislation helps public saftey but actually deters it.

If they really believed it I could almost stomach it but like many other things Its about public safety until I need it then I (as a politician of course) will be able to get what I need but you don't really need it.

Darklyte27
10-25-2009, 8:38 PM
you could have added my name to that before you sent it.. good write up

CALPsidewinder
10-26-2009, 5:58 AM
My biggest problem with most of those who want gun control (in government) don't even really believe or care about gun control. They simply use it like a free easy reelection button ( see I care about public safety). Now I don't believe for a minute (as I know many of you don't either) that gun legislation helps public saftey but actually deters it.

I Totally agree.

The problem with these types of politicians getting re-elected is that the general population doesn't have any idea of what the 2A is actually about. They have been fed a line of bull that the police force is capable of protecting us so they don't understand the concept of self-protection. They have been lead to believe that if there were no guns, criminals would just disappear and we would have no worries. We also have a state with a vast foreign born population that come from countries that do not endorse the right of individuals protecting themselves so they are used to thinking that way. It is imperative that we take every opportunity open to us to educate others in the concept of self protection so that it is engrained in their minds that individuals have the right to arm because they have the right to live.

Mute
10-26-2009, 6:41 AM
I can appreciate the effort but it's like writing a letter to Satan telling him you're disappointed in the existence of evil.

ChrisDM
10-26-2009, 6:45 AM
I can appreciate the effort but it's like writing a letter to Satan telling him you're disappointed in the existence of evil.

And if I could, I would. And more importantly I would tell him why.

bodger
10-26-2009, 8:01 AM
And if I could, I would. And more importantly I would tell him why.

That's how any letter to DeLeon should begin:

Dear Mr. DeLeon:

I realize this is like writing a letter to Satan telling him I am disappointed in the existence of evil, but I would like to express my opinion and disgust with your position on......

oldrifle
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
DeLeon is nothing but a shill for the loony left. Your letter is great, but it's not going to do any good I'm afraid. :(

Hunt
10-26-2009, 2:57 PM

I am beginning to think the best approach to all this is what the Free Staters are doing in NH immigrate a bunch of conservatives to one area and take over the local gov't