PDA

View Full Version : So how old do kids have to be?

Seesm
10-24-2009, 11:16 PM
So how old do kids have to be to sign up on here?

My 8 yr old wants to be a Cal Gunner... He bugs me everynight and day...

HELP

He did try to sign up but it said he could not register at this time...

B.D.Dubloon
10-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't think there is an age limit. There are (supposedly) kids running around on here. That's why I can't say "****:D"

Maybe PM Kes and see why your son couldn't get an account and he can expediate the process.

jarhead995
10-25-2009, 3:58 PM
I'm here :P 14 years old

Seesm
10-25-2009, 6:33 PM
I will try to do it with him... I tried to let him do it himself... Thanks folks.

lil' gunsim
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm here :P 14 years old

13 here

sorensen440
10-25-2009, 10:39 PM
This is one of the few sites that are fairly kid friendly
I say sign him up
we need all the new shooters we can get

Seesm
10-26-2009, 12:17 AM
He was dead set on getting on after Ivanimals kid was like "I am on Cal Guns" after the "Littlefield Tank trip" :) Hahah!

caoboy
10-26-2009, 1:09 PM
13 here

Nice sig!

luckystrike
10-26-2009, 9:12 PM
just as with some people that asked how old should my son/daughter be before we go to the range: your the judge and you know your kid best.

wilit
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Calguns is fairly well moderated. I wouldn't be afraid of having questionable material or out of hand language filling the screen.

luckystrike
10-27-2009, 2:02 AM
Calguns is fairly well moderated. I wouldn't be afraid of having questionable material or out of hand language filling the screen.

true. watchout for the speech nazzies. they are all former FCC gestapo

hlcarbine
10-27-2009, 8:29 AM
i think that is great that your son is taking an interest. I cant express enough the importance of father and son activities. there are so many people who tell me that i shouldnt let me son shoot or do other dangerous activities. but i will tell you that i bought him his first fishing pole at 6, first pellet gun at 8, karate/jujitsu at 9, shotgun at 10, over/under at 12, ar build at 16. I will say he is the most well behaved 16 year old that my friends and family knows. I am a little more tougher on him than most fathers but I let him know that most fathers dont let their kids play with guns and I gotta know that he has the discipline to listen and make the right decisions. I have never shot down any interests that my son has, i try real hard as a parent to nurture his interests of course the ones that are cost effective and have a reasonable amount of safety.
There are too many kids out there that lack direction and have too much idle time.

Seesm
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Here here HLcarbine... you sound like a great Dad...

lil' gunsim
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice sig!

Got it from a song, it's called "Little Weapon", mainly talks about child soldiers and kids playing mature rated games it's a good song though, better than that mainstream trash nowadays...

caoboy
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Got it from a song, it's called "Little Weapon", mainly talks about child soldiers and kids playing mature rated games it's a good song though, better than that mainstream trash nowadays...

Yes, Lupe Fiasco truly speaks his mind, and speaks truth.

tacticalcity
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Pretty sure your son will be fine here, once you get past whatever glitch prevented him from signing up.

The language will be for the most part appropriate. Obscene words are automatically replaced with stars. And the substitutes for them are all stuff he's heard in school or out of your own mouth anyway. Since most people don't yell "darn it" when the hammer their finger or stub their toe, and I'm sure your son has seen a few of those moments in his life. And again, the stuff you REALLY don't want him to see or hear is automatically blocked.

If he miss behaves at all, the mods will just lock up his account for a limited period of time...and since it is a screen name, and not his real name, he can't really embarrass you or anything. Odds are he already knows how to behave appropriately, but if he has one of those moments we all had as kids, the mods will educate him.

Never seen anyone "ask to meet up" except to sell stuff to each other or to do a group event at a shooting range or to show support at a State or City Council meeting, all above board stuff that would not include a kid without his parents. Activity by preditors would stand out big time, and nobody here will stand for that. Not for a second.

So I really can't imagine there would be anything to fear here, provided you're OK with your son taking an interest in firearms...which it sounds like you are. So I say go for it.

monkezuncle
10-31-2009, 8:32 PM
Half the "adults" here post like kids anyway... if you son has the maturity to ask permission before signing up, he's well ahead of the curve.

Welcome Little Seesm...

Seesm
10-31-2009, 9:21 PM
I think he will be Seehm :)

BIGCHRIS
11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I think its great, my 5yr old loves to sit in the chair with me when I am on the forum browsing. He comes shooting with us all the time,and last weekend when I went and shot my AR for the first time he wanted to shoot it, so I stood there with him and helped him hold the rifle the right way and he shot it and loved it.He does have a bb gun and knows to never point a gun at anybody and never put your finger on the trigger unless you plan on pulling it.

emtnsocali
11-21-2009, 2:48 PM
im 28 y/o going on 16 ;)

Seesm
12-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Tried to sign him up again and it will NOt let me now... Weird.

five.five-six
12-26-2009, 11:34 PM
my 4 year old want's to join.... anyone else interested in dora and boots?

VegasND
12-27-2009, 7:46 AM
Try a different email -- some software doesn't like 2 accounts sharing an email address.

CSACANNONEER
12-27-2009, 8:17 AM

When you figure it out, feel free to PM me a link to his first post so that I can help welcome him here.

my 4 year old want's to join.... anyone else interested in dora and boots?

If Dora starts doing pro 2A cartoons, then YES there will be interest! And, what kinds of boots? I personally like Redwings.

Seesm
12-29-2009, 8:43 PM
Thanks... not sure I may have my lady help me as I am bad with these here pooters... :)

Backinblack1234
01-01-2010, 2:44 AM
Any age they are responsible. Do not make em join AR15. I warned ya

TheRepoMan
01-02-2010, 2:51 AM
Great more kids on here acting like they know everything and giving inexperienced advice. LOL

Not saying yours will.

Seesm
01-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Still trying...

haveyourmile
01-25-2010, 1:49 PM
most internet sites that require you to sign up require you to be 13. i don't know if this site is the same way or not...

stormshadow
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
i don't get it i went to the store in arizona a biker was carring guns thats insane

stormshadow
04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
because you have to be 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! YOU CAN LIE ABOUT YOUR AGE

stormshadow
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
i wouldn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWoods450
04-12-2010, 4:53 PM
I'm 31 but a kid at heart.

rambo
04-19-2010, 9:33 PM
storm shadow is my boy and he just traveled across country with me from sandiego to texas and he could not wait to get here and post he saw people OCing in Arizona! he is mostly a lurker like his dad. FWIW they have plenty of ammo in stock everywhere here but OMG the prices are crazy high but man i cant wait to buy some new guns WOW better prices for all the stuff i always wanted! God bless Texas! Oh and I will still be in the fight for CA and support help where when I can.

john75
04-22-2010, 7:30 PM
true. watchout for the speech nazzies. they are all former FCC gestapo

it's "nazis" :p

Sinixstar
04-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Pretty sure your son will be fine here, once you get past whatever glitch prevented him from signing up.

It's not a glitch. The forum software doesn't allow anyone under the age of 13 by design. There's some legal issues with having very young children online. Virtually any community site (except those designed for kids under 13) will not allow you to sign up if you're under age.

http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm

The options are - spend a lot of time, money, and resources complying with the requirements of the law - or just don't allow kids. The vast majority of site operators choose just not to allow kids.