PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding selling restricted items.

Sky_DiveR
10-24-2009, 6:38 PM
This is one for the law-dogs here.

My GF just brought something to my attention. How do we prevent getting in trouble with "Johnny Law" on selling restricted items? In other words, items that are not supposed to be sold to minors or people with background challenges?

What items related to firearms can and can't we sell to minors? How do we verify when we do shipping? Obviously powder and primers are usually PTP/FTF cuz of haz-mat charges but what about ammo or gun parts?

Last thing I need is to be slapped with a misdemeanor(?) for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.... or something to that effect. Or am I just being too worried 'bout big brother or worse... channel 3 news or 20/20?

MP301
10-24-2009, 8:44 PM
You can never worry too much. I dont have answer off the top of my head to prove beyond a shadow if a person is ok to purchase something, but i would start with whatever agency isd responsible for the control of whatever item your selling and get thier position on it. Its kinda hard to get in trouble for something if you do it like they tell you. Lots of info on the internet from every agency....and if its not clear, then contact them...

zhyla
10-24-2009, 9:04 PM
Uh... why would you be selling anything firearms related to a minor? Do you own a sporting goods store? I wouldn't privately sell anything like that to a minor.

troysland
10-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Ask for a copy of ID to verify age and only send to an FFL who sends you a copy of their license per the buyers request. If they don't pass background, the FFL will ship the item in question back to you. Shipping charges will be negotiated as to who is responsible. If these things cannot be verified, walk away.