PDA

View Full Version : Women of Calguns Calendar: call for photos and female calgunners

mmartin
10-23-2009, 7:37 PM
It’s official, we’re working on a Women of Calguns calendar!
It will be a CGN fundraiser, and we’re trying to see if we can make this happen in time for the Christmas buying season…

SOOOoooo….

This is a call for women associated with Calguns who want to participate!

Here’s what we’re looking for:

Looking for a Few Good Gun Women:
- Women who are either Calguns members, or directly related to Calguns members… that means wives, mothers, girlfriends, daughters, sisters…

Existing Photos:
- Photos you may already have that are Calendar Worthy… some work can be done on photos if they’re not perfect, but basically any photo must be interesting, engaging, good quality photography and (if electronic) of sufficient resolution to be printable at full-sheet calendar size.

Photo Shoots:
- If you are interested in participating in a photo shoot, we will be doing some. No details are available yet, but this is a short-schedule project so they’ll be soon. You do not need to be a swimsuit model to be in the calendar, so if you have questions contact me.

Photographers:
- We are looking for a couple of pro or semi-pro photographers to participate in this project as well.

The FAQ:
- This is not a nudes-with-guns calendar so you can keep your clothes on.
- Yes, we are looking for women who will photograph well shooting, but you do not have to be a swimsuit model or under 25 to participate.
- Yes you will have approval/reject rights over photos - we won’t publish anything you’re not satisfied with.
- This is a fundraiser, so there’s really no budget, we’re all volunteering here to create an excellent calendar that will help raise funds for CGN.

If you have a photo to submit or are interested in participating, PM me and we’ll go from there.

Megan

wildhawker
10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
ttt

OlderThanDirt
10-27-2009, 2:22 PM
If you can't find 12 volunteers, you can always dress up a few of the mods or CGF board members in a nice skirt and blouse. The calendars would be priceless.

Steyrlp10
10-27-2009, 2:45 PM
If you can't find 12 volunteers, you can always dress up a few of the mods or CGF board members in a nice skirt and blouse. The calendars would be priceless.

Heeeey, I'd like to see the Men of Calguns in a calendar, but not in drag! (What a scary image - lol!)

covertcombatant
10-27-2009, 3:35 PM
What we should think about also, for the month of December in the calendar or maybe an extra photo would be "Families of Calguns" a huge photo of Men, Women and Children! Just a thought,

Angie
10-27-2009, 7:38 PM
Heeeey, I'd like to see the Men of Calguns in a calendar, but not in drag! (What a scary image - lol!)

Ooh +1! :)

Or CG men in uniform calendar? Rawr! :p

NRAhighpowershooter
10-27-2009, 9:56 PM
not in drag... but........... :D:p
2006 State Service Rifle Championships
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/highpowershooter/Miscalanious%20Stuff/CoalingaLEGMatch.jpg

SarcoBlaster
10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/highpowershooter/Miscalanious%20Stuff/CoalingaLEGMatch.jpg
That's hot.

wildhawker
10-27-2009, 11:09 PM

There's actually been some demand (really?!? :eek:) and discussion for such a thing.

Ultimately, we need more women Calgunners so we can sell more Men of CGN calendars. :D

I'd love to substantially increase the representation of women here in the next 12 months. We're open to your suggestions!

AndrewMendez
10-28-2009, 8:31 AM
WOW! Tons of interest! I happened to be blessed with a terribly beautiful family! Not to mention a Beautiful girlfriend. I might be able to work some magic. Maybe even get a couple friends to help out.

mmartin
10-28-2009, 8:39 AM
There's actually been some demand (really?!? :eek:) and discussion for such a thing.

Ultimately, we need more women Calgunners so we can sell more Men of CGN calendars. :D

I'd love to substantially increase the representation of women here in the next 12 months. We're open to your suggestions!

I'd buy one of the guys... especially guys in uniform...
ok, I'd even buy one of the guys in drag... but it's because I'm SUCH a supporter. on the other hand, it might actually be fun...

been thinking about that very point>>> need more women

plans:
1) get 'em on calendars
2) I'm working on the "new women shooters tip sheet"
3) I'm working on the "how to get womeon to go shooting tip sheet"
4) Sponsor some events like the on-target group does... focused on new women shooters and each one gets a coach of her own
5) Sponsor some family focused shoot-n-ques
6) develop info/tip sheets/laws on home-defense/self-defense for women
7) 2 'take a new shooter' months a year with some sort of perc to the calguns member (a pin, a patch, a refrigerator magnet) for participating and a small prize for most new members signed up, most new shooters introduced...
8) same as 7 but focused on 'take a new woman shooter'
9) need some speakers - calguns women who can go to women's groups and speak on guns for self-defense, fun, and who are really prepared to discuss the objections women have that are female-typical
10) vendor outreach to our ranges and vendors to include special info for women customers, and to supply how-to-recruit-women-to-the-sport info to their male customers
11) outreach to ranges on how to recruit/accomodate women shooters better

iron sights used to have a women's night (they're a female-owned range) until a gay male couple of professional law-suit-filers went after them for discrimination and ruined it for everyone. talking to them about it the other night, it was their busiest night, and they still have a lot of women shooters in there. but maybe we can help offer strategies to these places that don't get them tangled up in discrimination suits and still draw the women to shoot.

... maybe we should move this women's outreach to a new thread?
megan

AndrewMendez
10-28-2009, 9:08 AM
Something like this but with her face in it maybe?

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/bbiggs_/100_1952.jpg

mmartin
10-28-2009, 9:22 AM
something like that.
cool that you can see the smoke...
you'll want to watch the details in frame (pepsi can) and maybe try several angles to see what looks best.
keep an eye on sun angle too.
looking forward to seeing what you come up with...
and we'll be putting together some photoshoots here shortly, I'll put you on the list for those as well.
megan

mmartin
10-28-2009, 9:22 AM
oh, and she's a cutie!
megan

AndrewMendez
10-28-2009, 9:28 AM
oh, and she's a cutie!
megan

Thanks! She looks cuter in person! Where is the shoot going to be at?

AndrewMendez
10-28-2009, 9:30 AM
Maybe something like this, with the Coach purse in the back ground?

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/bbiggs_/100_1935.jpg

OlderThanDirt
10-28-2009, 2:34 PM

For the calendar shoot, maybe you can undo the top two snaps and show a little cleavage?

wildhawker
10-28-2009, 2:46 PM
For the calendar shoot, maybe you can undo the top two snaps and show a little cleavage?

:rofl2:

jamesob
10-28-2009, 6:26 PM

i suggest you wax your lip before the photo shoot.:saddam:

AndrewMendez
10-28-2009, 6:28 PM
i suggest you wax your lip before the photo shoot.:saddam:

But some guys like it, all natural!

CSACANNONEER
10-28-2009, 6:42 PM
If any female wants a photo shoot with cannons in it, I might be able to arrange something on Nov 7-8 in Moorpark. We'ld have to arrange it ASAP though. I might even be able to get a horse or two, wagons, small arms from the War of Northern Agression, etc. It's just a thought.

AndrewMendez
10-28-2009, 6:52 PM
If any female wants a photo shoot with cannons in it, I might be able to arrange something on Nov 7-8 in Moorpark. We'ld have to arrange it ASAP though. I might even be able to get a horse or two, wagons, small arms from the War of Northern Agression, etc. It's just a thought.

Why do you live so far??? Thats at least a hour long drive for me, but that would look pretty damn cool!

mmartin
10-28-2009, 7:11 PM

ok that would be seriously cool!
I'll put that in the notes going out tonight...
megan

Steyrlp10
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM

Woohoo - work it baby!

CSACANNONEER
10-30-2009, 3:57 PM
Why do you live so far??? Thats at least a hour long drive for me, but that would look pretty damn cool!

It would be in Moorpark, between Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks. We have had re-enactors come from as far as Scotland (and Virginia in the Cont. US) so, an hour isn't too far.

Meplat
10-31-2009, 7:34 PM
iron sights used to have a women's night (they're a female-owned range) until a gay male couple of professional law-suit-filers went after them for discrimination and ruined it for everyone. talking to them about it the other night, it was their busiest night, and they still have a lot of women shooters in there. but maybe we can help offer strategies to these places that don't get them tangled up in discrimination suits and still draw the women to shoot.

... maybe we should move this women's outreach to a new thread?
megan

I'm sure not a lawyer but it would seem to me that "we", as a private organization, might have more protection for our freedom of association than a range that can be looked upon as almost a public utility. Maybe they could use our help in some way to bring back ladies night?

mmartin
10-31-2009, 7:48 PM
I'm sure not a lawyer but it would seem to me that "we", as a private organization, might have more protection for our freedom of association than a range that can be looked upon as almost a public utility. Maybe they could use our help in some way to bring back ladies night?

now THAT is an interesting thought! maybe a Calguns night at Iron Sights?
sign the ladies up for membership and get them some free time at the range... this sounds interesting!
megan

Meplat
10-31-2009, 11:46 PM
I kind of understand the problem here. I was a junior small bore coach for the California Cadet Corps. BTW, the girls are much easyer to coach than the boys because they don't think they are born with a "John Wayne" (God love him) gene.

Another thing I learned was that you can't coach your own kid. There is just to much interpersonal baggage. My son won the state championship, but not with me coaching him.

If your wife, daughter, or girlfriend wants some outside instruction get the hell out of the way and let her get it!

now THAT is an interesting thought! maybe a Calguns night at Iron Sights?
sign the ladies up for membership and get them some free time at the range... this sounds interesting!
megan

mmartin
11-01-2009, 8:13 AM
^^^ditto on all of that.
megan

Steyrlp10
11-01-2009, 11:41 AM
If your wife, daughter, or girlfriend wants some outside instruction get the hell out of the way and let her get it![/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Story of my life too... I wanted to get my ex's approval so badly that I was shooting six days a week to catch up to the other guys on the line. When I started to outshoot him at the Nationals, I thought he'd be thrilled that I was doing well because of his coaching (which I have now come to realize to be criticism.)

Fortunately, my current guy gives me plenty of room to blow up stuff and just asks that I remember to buy him a donut :D

mmartin
11-01-2009, 6:51 PM
Fortunately, my current guy gives me plenty of room to blow up stuff and just asks that I remember to buy him a donut :D

Ha! I totally love that, good man!
megan

mcubed4130
11-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Interesting - since the wife and I are constantly in LA or in San Jose, this would be fun for her.

Moorpark is great, reminds me gotta take the kids to Reagan Library in Simi Valley... Beautiful out there.

-M3

mmartin
11-02-2009, 7:47 AM
NEWS FLASH!
If you've contacted me or expressed an interest in participating in creating this calendar you should have a PM waiting from me. if you do NOT... drop me a PM because it means I missed you...

also, we're trying to get an idea of quantities, so if you think you might be interested, stop over here and let us know how many you'd be interested in...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=237107

Woohoo! this thing is happening!
megan

KylaGWolf
11-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Megan the one on my avitar is me and I have another one that I can either email you or post on here if you would like. I would do a photo shoot one as long as its no where near swimsuit type since that would definately scare all the men of calguns and worldwide. :D I gave you my phone number give me a call if you want to talk more about it :)

KylaGWolf
11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Last picture I have of me

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/KylaGWolf/CGN/MeatrangeOct4.jpg

Aitch
11-03-2009, 2:49 PM
Hmmm... why am I suddenly hearing that ole 80's funk song "she's a bad mama-jamma" ringing in my head?

Steyrlp10
11-03-2009, 6:38 PM
I prefer Maneater to that song ;)

OlderThanDirt
11-04-2009, 2:11 PM
I prefer Maneater to that song ;)

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/SteveRadis/DSC_1204p.jpg
Steyrlp10?

Steyrlp10
11-04-2009, 2:21 PM
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/SteveRadis/DSC_1204p.jpg
Steyrlp10?

Lol... I was hoping for something a little fuzzier with teeth though!

OlderThanDirt
11-04-2009, 2:59 PM
Lol... I was hoping for something a little fuzzier with teeth though!

Definitely not fuzzy, but she has teeth. Lots of teeth.

Hartz21
11-07-2009, 6:27 PM
I'll have to try to pull up pics from my external hard drive I don't have many recent pics. I can try to take some soon if any are still needed, or willing to do a shoot. No bikini shoots either though.

I hope this works out and I'd definately love a CalGuns Calendar.

BigBamBoo
11-19-2009, 7:56 PM

NorCalMama
11-19-2009, 8:46 PM
Ok...so here are some of Amber taken a few weeks ago...if one of these will work...great. If not...then I got noth'in more to offer.

Take care,Stan

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9849/dsc39181024x768.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/dsc39181024x768.jpg/)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7099/dsc39451024x768.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/dsc39451024x768.jpg/)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4097/dsc39081024x768.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/dsc39081024x768.jpg/)

Now I'm curious, are the pics of chicks with guns, or just chicks, or both? :confused:

wildhawker
11-20-2009, 12:48 AM
The Women of Calguns calendar will be of Calgunners and their firearm(s) of choice.

wildhawker
11-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Stan, PM sent.

Ok...so here are some of Amber taken a few weeks ago...if one of these will work...great. If not...then I got noth'in more to offer.

Take care,Stan

sigguy552
11-23-2009, 1:55 PM
Stan, are you on LF?

BigBamBoo
11-23-2009, 2:21 PM

sigguy552
11-23-2009, 5:08 PM
Lightfighter. She reminds me of one of the pretty ladies there.

SarcoBlaster
12-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Are there any updates on the status of the calendar?

OlderThanDirt
12-30-2009, 2:04 PM
I guess I'll be using my 2010 Hunting Dogs Calendar this year unless this project moved forward.

ALSystems
01-03-2010, 9:46 PM
I guess I'll be using my 2010 Hunting Dogs Calendar this year unless this project moved forward.
The Hunting Dogs Calendar is a poor second to the :kiss:Women:kiss: of Calgunners Calendar. Hope to hear an update.