PDA

View Full Version : Tac light on the cheap, mini maglite

Afterburnt
10-23-2009, 7:23 PM
Mini maglite AA upgrade to LED. I just got one of these I dint know if it will hold up on my 12ga but for 20 bucks it's a good pocket light.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-5k2.html

SDgarrick
10-23-2009, 9:33 PM
Been there. I drilled a pilot hole in the foregrip of my Saiga, bolted a beat weaver rail then attached an NRA flashlight I had using an old scope mount. it's held for a few hundred rounds so far, and It cost me nothing.

+10 for using what you've got and keeping money in your pocket!

Clayface
10-23-2009, 9:39 PM
Wait , so you want to put on a mag lite with "THAT" Led adjustment on your shotgun ? Don't mag lites have the on/off swith on the side towards the top? If you want to put on a light on your shotty the first step would be to buy a light with the switch on the tail cap so it can be turn on an off without taking your hand off the forend.

Afterburnt
10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I already had a regular maglite on my SG with a corded pressure switch

DarkHorse
10-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Wait , so you want to put on a mag lite with "THAT" Led adjustment on your shotgun ? Don't mag lites have the on/off swith on the side towards the top? If you want to put on a light on your shotty the first step would be to buy a light with the switch on the tail cap so it can be turn on an off without taking your hand off the forend.

Mini Maglites don't have buttons. Normally, you twist the lens to turn it on, but you can buy the tailcap adapters.