PDA

View Full Version : If the election were today..Jerry Brown or Meg Whitman

five.five-six
10-23-2009, 3:17 PM
let's face it that's who it's going to be, more than likely. who are you voting for Jerry Brown or Meg Whitman?

Solidmch
10-23-2009, 3:20 PM
Jerry Brown. Meg Whitman is a disaster and should run as a dem. She is no conservative. Jerry at least supports the constitution.

G17GUY
10-23-2009, 3:22 PM
Meg Whitman is a disaster.

:cool2:

five.five-six
10-23-2009, 3:29 PM
everything I ever needed to know about Meg Whitman is right here:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6954/megwhitman.jpg

CnCFunFactory
10-23-2009, 4:32 PM
I have been a victim of Whitmans anti-gun BS for 5 years, that is how long I have been a member of e-Bay. The rules she and her legal department have implemented is a pretty clear statement on where she stands on the issues that this forum is all about.

Dr Rockso
10-23-2009, 4:59 PM
I heard Whitman on the radio; she said all the right things, but I still don't trust her one bit. In his actions over the past ~10 years Jerry Brown seems to be the most fiscally-conservative, pro-liberty candidate in the race.

Sinestr
10-23-2009, 5:11 PM
I feel like this is just normal California politics. We don't seem to ever have any clear leaders in this state to vote for. Even with Jerry Browns recent support of incorporation, I'll have to seriously hold my nose to give him a vote. Meg is an obvious no go! Not much selection.:eek:

Dirtbozz
10-23-2009, 5:17 PM
I feel like this is just normal California politics. We don't seem to ever have any clear leaders in this state to vote for. Even with Jerry Browns recent support of incorporation, I'll have to seriously hold my nose to give him a vote. Meg is an obvious no go! Not much selection.:eek:

I won't need to hold my nose near as tight with Jerry Brown over Meg W.

Nothing I dislike more than a closet Liberal

Sinestr
10-23-2009, 5:24 PM

Very true, the Arnie turncoats have done some serious damage. This is why I feel our two party system is broken.

Cokebottle
10-23-2009, 5:40 PM
I'll be doing what I did in 2008, 2006, and 2004.
I will be voting Libertarian.

wildhawker
10-23-2009, 5:44 PM
Cokebottle, how're those Libertarian officials working out for you?

Today or next year, my vote is for the candidate with pro-civil rights credentials.

Brown 2010.

forgiven
10-23-2009, 6:22 PM
Brown

SimpleCountryActuary
10-23-2009, 6:56 PM
Brown is so old he signed my UC sheepskin. That's probably a reason to vote for the old Moonbeam besides the fact that he's not a complete anti-gun nut.

If it wasn't for the fact that he would sign more looney left bills than even a RINO would, it wouldn't even be a dilemma. There are, after all, issues other than guns.

OMG!!!! Did I say that? Actually, yes. There are business issues. If my business doesn't make enough money, I can't buy guns and ammo because my better 40% would actually care about what I spent. ("If I can't have a new diamond ring/brooch/bracelet/earrings then you can't have that M1911 or 1912 or whatever!")

Cokebottle
10-23-2009, 7:08 PM
Cokebottle, how're those Libertarian officials working out for you?
Not very well, but the vote for the libs isn't so much a vote expecting them to win as it is to file a "protest vote" against the rino's that the GOP has been running for the last 10 years.

As far as Brown?
Referring to him as a fiscal conservative is as insane as referring to Lenin as a Capitalist.
Many of the problems and tough decisions faced by Gov's Wilson and Deukmejian were the fallout of Brown's irresponsible spending.

Pat Brown did a lot of good for the state, in a time when we could afford it. We could do that again if we went back to an inflation-adjusted budget based on what we had in 1965.

bigstick61
10-23-2009, 7:31 PM
If the vote were held right now? Neither. Too bad it's not a poll option, though.

artherd
10-23-2009, 8:09 PM
I will be voting for Mr. Brown.

bwiese
10-23-2009, 8:13 PM
My vote is for Jerry Brown.

I vote RKBA first. I can work around other govermental trivia.

five.five-six
10-23-2009, 8:16 PM
I wish meg would look at this and give up her silly game... I don't think a "consirvitive" can win with 6% of the RTKBA vote, wonder how she is doing with the christian demographic

hill billy
10-23-2009, 9:11 PM
She scared the hell out of me on the radio today and yesterday.

dantodd
10-23-2009, 9:24 PM
How can 6% of the people in this forum vote for Meg Whitman?

I could almost understand it if she were really strong in some area outside of 2A. I will vote single issue for the time being but I respect people who don't.

On what issues is she so head and shoulders above J.B. that it warrants voting against the Second Amendment? This is a sincere question for any of the 6% who want to de-cloak.

Cokebottle
10-23-2009, 9:33 PM

I could almost understand it if she were really strong in some area outside of 2A. I will vote single issue for the time being but I respect people who don't.

On what issues is she so head and shoulders above J.B. that it warrants voting against the Second Amendment? This is a sincere question for any of the 6% who want to de-cloak.
No need to decloak... it's a public poll ;)

But seriously, like then Arnold was running in 2006 and had taken a decided turn to the left, he publicly admitted that he knew that his "base" would never vote for Angelides, so he needed to appeal to the moderates and the left to gain their support.

6%... voting FOR Meg or voting AGAINST Brown?

Sadly, there has been one person since 1996 that I can honestly say that I voted FOR... and he didn't make it out of the primary.

Hunt
10-23-2009, 9:38 PM
Jerry Brown. Meg Whitman is a disaster and should run as a dem. She is no conservative. Jerry at least supports the constitution.

mw has a long and documented history of donating to the most radical leftist causes, including taking "green economy" cruises with Van Jones.

dantodd
10-23-2009, 9:50 PM
No need to decloak... it's a public poll ;)

Heh... didn't notice that. Glad I didn't vote Whitman and then post that! :D

I will not try to call anyone out specifically but would still like to hear from people what Whitman is so right about that they would vote against their 2A rights.

five.five-six
10-23-2009, 9:59 PM
cause brown has a D next to his name

berto
10-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Heh... didn't notice that. Glad I didn't vote Whitman and then post that! :D

I will not try to call anyone out specifically but would still like to hear from people what Whitman is so right about that they would vote against their 2A rights.

I'm voting for Jerry but I imagine some people are uncomfortable with him on a wide array of other issues and that discomfort may date to his last turn as gov.

I think age and experience have led to a shift in Jerry's views on a lot of issues. A lot of the fear of Jerry is putting a dem gov with a dem legislature. Will he do what's best for the state and exert some control over the lunacy that hits his desk or will he sign whatever they send him?

Whitman's 2A stance is not where I'd like it. I think she's a do no further harm type at best and possibly worse than Arnie but a lot of that is educated guesswork.

Some peoples single issue is the letter next to a candidates name.

WarEagle
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Neither.

dantodd
10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm voting for Jerry but I imagine some people are uncomfortable with him on a wide array of other issues and that discomfort may date to his last turn as gov.

I think age and experience have led to a shift in Jerry's views on a lot of issues. A lot of the fear of Jerry is putting a dem gov with a dem legislature. Will he do what's best for the state and exert some control over the lunacy that hits his desk or will he sign whatever they send him?

I can appreciate these concerns. The problem is that Meg Whitman has no record of being any better on any issue. I suppose it is a bit of the devil you know vs. the one you don't decision. I would hope that anyone who can't bring themselves to vote for JB and believes in the 2A enough to be hanging out here would at least abstain or make a protest vote for a candidate who more accurately reflects their views.

Some peoples single issue is the letter next to a candidates name.

That is a very sad possibility. I suspect the only reason Whitman has an R after her name rather than a D is because she thought it was an easier primary to win.

Meg Whitman is California's Michael Bloomberg; in more ways than one.

Dr Rockso
10-23-2009, 10:12 PM
I wish meg would look at this and give up her silly game... I don't think a "consirvitive" can win with 6% of the RTKBA vote, wonder how she is doing with the christian demographic
I doubt that the "6% of the RKBA vote" is accurate. Most California gun owners probably aren't informed enough on the issues to know that Brown has been, generally, a friend of ours. Likewise they might not be as single-issue as we are, or might not see Whitman's official silence on gun issues as a negative thing (again, they're probably not informed enough on the issue to know her affiliation with Boxer or the eBay firearms policy). My co-worker is a gun owner, but he's also an older guy who really wasn't a Brown fan during his first terms. He also probably cares a lot more about 'social conservatism' than most of us here (opposing gay marriage specifically). People like that are going to be a hard sell for Brown, but I imagine a lot of them won't be too amped about Whitman either.

glbtrottr
10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
How can 6% of the people in this forum vote for Meg Whitman? .

How could we actually have senior posters in this forum who look at themselves in the mirror while vehemently defending the Barack Hussein Obama administration, lacking birth certificate, enemies list and all?

Uriah02
10-23-2009, 11:01 PM
everything I ever needed to know about Meg Whitman is right here:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6954/megwhitman.jpg

Where did you get that from?

Actually the link attached told me all I needed to know.SF Gate article (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/BACU15SUDJ.DTL)

Dr Rockso
10-23-2009, 11:12 PM
How could we actually have senior posters in this forum who look at themselves in the mirror while vehemently defending the Barack Hussein Obama administration, lacking birth certificate, enemies list and all?
I'm sick of this sort of post, just because it's stupid to think that Calguns is the demographic that BHO rode to the White House. Yeah, we do have a few people who voted for the guy, but for every CG poster that voted for him 20 didn't. Also there are plenty of valid Obama criticisms, the birth certificate conspiracy is just silly. Why the hell would his parents put a fake birth announcement in two papers, then smuggle him halfway around the world to make it appear that he was a natural-born citizen when he would have been a statutory US citizen anyway no matter where he was born?

MP301
10-24-2009, 12:19 AM
No brainer

MP301
10-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll be doing what I did in 2008, 2006, and 2004.
I will be voting Libertarian.

I did that once...then I realized it was just wasting a vote to make a statement because the libertarian candidate had zero chance. I think it would be better for all if we just made sure the least evil candidate (JB) got elected.

Cokebottle
10-24-2009, 12:48 AM
I did that once...then I realized it was just wasting a vote to make a statement because the libertarian candidate had zero chance. I think it would be better for all if we just made sure the least evil candidate (JB) got elected.
In 1992, that was the case, with Perot grabbing something like 25 or 28% of the popular vote, and taking enough votes from enough states to cost GHWB his reelection (and I gave my wife grief for a few hours over handing her vote to Clinton).
Some would say that Nader had the same impact on Gore in 2000, but Nader had only a small impact in a couple of key states... Perot cost Bush at least 5 states. Clinton may have won by a "landslide", but it was with less than 35% of the popular vote.

Regardless... though I remain a registered Republican and do my best to influence the general through my vote in the primary, when it comes to the general, unless "my guy" won the primary (and he hasn't since 1996), I'm going to stick with the "protest" vote, combined with intelligent responses to letters and phone calls from the RNC requesting donations. I realize it's just some kid in a boiler room on the phone, but if enough people explain to these kids WHY we aren't contributing to the party, maybe they'll get the message that we're sick of Trojan Horse candidates with a belly full of liberal ideas.

Bipartisanship is apparently only a term used when the GOP caves to the DNC, just as Bilingual means that you speak Spanish when applying for a job... even though most of the kids in the drive through seem to have a hard time with English.

If I only speak English, I'm racist
If I insist that the DNC compromise, I'm an obstructionist.

five.five-six
10-24-2009, 7:30 AM

Actually the link attached told me all I needed to know.SF Gate article (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/BACU15SUDJ.DTL)

right here, this is her policy

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html#

more pearls of insight for Meg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5245/meg2.jpg

jaymz
10-24-2009, 10:50 AM
There seems to be a few of us that are stuck on wether there is an "R" or a "D" next to the candidates name. Last time I checked, Arnie has an "R" next to his and look where that's lead us to. Just a thought.

John Browning
10-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Definitely not Whitman, and probably not Brown. I dare to think there may be more than two choices.

Hopi
10-24-2009, 10:58 AM

+1

Honestly, can anyone provide a couple of legitimate modern criticisms on his policies?

berto
10-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Looks like Meg's canned answers to 2A questions are costing her votes.

rc50cal
10-24-2009, 1:17 PM

I like my liberals out of the closet and armed.

thebronze
10-24-2009, 1:17 PM

Here's all I need to know about her (from the article quoted above):

-- Guns: She said she supports Second Amendment rights, but that an assault weapon ban and handgun restrictions are "probably the right thing in California." She does not own a gun.

rc50cal
10-24-2009, 1:20 PM

I have a birth certificate from the great state of Nebraska. i guess I am not a senior poster though.

dasmi
10-24-2009, 1:26 PM
None of the above.

gunsmith
10-24-2009, 1:50 PM
I guess I will vote for Jerry, I might vote Constitution party though.
I have not decided yet but I am heavily leaning toward Jerry since he came out of the closet for incorporation

VW*Mike
10-24-2009, 9:03 PM
Lets just hope Whitman isn't the Michael Bloomberg of the California Governors race and is able to buy her way past all the competition.

bsim
10-24-2009, 9:32 PM
"Protest votes" sadden me.

Why, if the CA legislature has a 13% approval rating, won't you just vote them out??? Throwing a vote away "in protest" basically hands elections to a core group of voters (LA and SF).

Seriously retarded. Get the incumbents out, THEN protest.

(sigh)

Vectrexer
10-24-2009, 9:58 PM
Neither!

Cokebottle
10-25-2009, 12:44 AM

Why, if the CA legislature has a 13% approval rating, won't you just vote them out??? Throwing a vote away "in protest" basically hands elections to a core group of voters (LA and SF).

(sigh)
This is primarily for Presidential and Gubernatorial races... I rarely vote 3rd party in senatorial, representative, or Cal Legislature.... but is it really a "protest vote" if the Republican candidate doesn't stand for my beliefs and the Libertarian does? It's only a "protest vote" because the 3rd party has no chance.

Beatone
10-25-2009, 1:41 AM
Jerry all the way. Meg is to anti-gun for me.

rayd7
10-25-2009, 11:40 AM
I will not vote for one or the other in the official election. I would like to see a true conservative as Ca governor. Perhaps a long shot like Ken Miller . To early to tell. Definitely not voting for meg whitman.

five.five-six
10-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I wish we could have sarah palin for governess

rayd7
10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes a fine start to the recovery of California. I got to get her book.

bigstick61
10-25-2009, 12:48 PM

(sigh)

It's because, as I've heard it put, everyone hates every legislator except their own. They'll vote for their representative while railing against everyone else or the group in general. That is part of the problem. Personally, I'm not satisfied with any of my representatives, so I don't vote for them in the primaries (if they are GOP) and I usually don't vote for them in the general (although I do not vote for Democrats; I have never seen a Democrat in California with a platform I can agree with).

SimpleCountryActuary
10-25-2009, 6:25 PM
I wish we could have sarah palin for governess

She'd be very strict, but I suspect you would like that. ;)

five.five-six
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
necropost.... but yea, i might^

:inquis:

Cougar
12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow.... as revolting as I find the notion of Brown winning.....

NorCalMama
12-03-2009, 1:27 PM
After seeing video of Meg praising Van Jones I can't support her. I will be writing in Tom McClintock because he is the only one qualified. Sadly he won't run! :mad:

Meg-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFfciwRqaU

As opposed to Tom-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhbBbZJVN4

Tom's Youtube channel-
http://www.youtube.com/user/McClintockCA04

ilbob
12-03-2009, 1:37 PM
In the spirit of being from Illinois where even the dead vote, I figured I might as well vote for Ole Moonbeam.

Neither candidate is really worthy of being elected, but it might be worthwhile to have some experience at the helm as CA goes down the tubes.

Suvorov
12-03-2009, 1:40 PM
Old Meg has had 2 months since this poll was already posted to show herself a pro-gun candidate and yet all we here from her camp is crickets.

The only thing I find more repugnant than a pinko liberal is an anti-gun RINO. The fact that Jerry Brown may be at least neutral to our cause while Meg has zero credibility in the matter will cause me to vote for Jerry (but I seriously doubt I will be able to vote in Kalifornia by then).

While many will agrue that it is better to vote a Republican in even if they themselves are anti-gun because the rest of their staff/agenda may not be anti-gun, the fact is that the last 10 years plus of Kalifornia politics has shown otherwise. If Brown shows himself to be anti-gun, how will it be any different than with that Liberal from Austria in charge?

Until the Republicans start holding fast to traditional conservative values (in particular 2nd Amendment Rights) and stop putting forth RINOs like Arnold and Meg, they will not be getting my votes.

Super Spy
12-03-2009, 1:43 PM
This election will be a clear choice based on RKBA.

ilawson
12-03-2009, 1:45 PM
write in Nancy Reagan...

five.five-six
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
anyone change they're mind?

Cokebottle
01-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Until the Republicans start holding fast to traditional conservative values (in particular 2nd Amendment Rights) and stop putting forth RINOs like Arnold and Meg, they will not be getting my votes.
Ditto.

My Representative in DC is good.
My Sacramento rep is so-so... first term, and caved on the budget last year.
He's not getting my vote again.

Governor/President? The GOP hasn't had my vote since the early 2000's.
I'm registered GOP and use that in the primary, but for the general elections, I've been going with the Libertarian party.

If it's between Brown and Meg, I'll have no choice. I lived through Brown's first two terms, and lived through the budget problems that his legacy left for Deukmejian and Wilson. I can't vote for either of them.

johnny_22
01-26-2010, 2:51 AM
He has my vote and some of my money.

http://action.jerrybrown.org/

davescz
01-26-2010, 7:26 AM
megs radio commercials tell use that the state is in trouble, and that she ran ebay. big deal, she says she is for cutting spending, but wants more funding for schools, then she asks for folks to email her to give her ideas to help fix the state. she should be dumped by the republican party, anti-life, anti-gun, wont take on cutting government seriusly as she has no plan. all she is a very rich person who wants to buy the race with all her money. she is no conservative, no friend to us. i dont think brown is any better either, dismall choice.

i wish the party would restrict folks form running that refuse to adopt the party line. I cant recall the last time some one ran as a republican that actually support the offical republican platform.

republican party leaders dont give a dam about policy and their stated postions on issues, they are looking for the cannidate with money or man reconition, thats how were got governator stupid in there now.

to hell with both cannidates at this point, both are evil. the republican party leaders in this state should be drawn and quartered.

Seesm
01-26-2010, 7:30 AM
I would say neither of them BUT if you HAD to vote for one I would say Jerry Brown...

Mute
01-26-2010, 7:31 AM
I don't trust Whitman. She strikes me as just another two-faced, self-serving politician.

ALSystems
01-26-2010, 3:07 PM
Need a choice for "None of the Above"

demnogis
01-26-2010, 3:24 PM
Meg Whitman is anti-gun and more of a marketing spokes-hole.

Jerry Brown did enough damage in his past terms (limiting CA's infrastructure development when it was inexpensive, expanding beauracracies in state positions to name a couple.)

Steve Poisner.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
01-26-2010, 3:29 PM
Brown looks like the lesser of two evils. We DO need a "None of the Above" option on the ballot!

demnogis
01-26-2010, 3:37 PM
What people need to stop doing is voting for the party or "lesser of two evils". Vote for the candidate, NOT THE PARTY. How do you expect things to get better when you elect "the lesser evil" and then things get worse as expected?