PDA

View Full Version : Brady chapter leaders celebrate Governor Schwarzenegger's signing AB 962.

10-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Know your enemy:

https://secure2.convio.net/mmm/images/content/pagebuilder/23120.jpg
Brady chapter leaders celebrate Governor Schwarzenegger's signing AB 962

DearXXXX

The ink of Gov. Schwarzenegger's signature on our bill, AB 962, to regulate handgun ammunition is not even dry, and the NRA and its allies have already introduced legislation to repeal it.

And they are adding insult to injury as the gun lobby is planning to sue over the new law, too.

Yes, it's an onslaught, but we are ready for this fight. As we have shown time and again, your calls, emails and generous support will help beat the gun lobby and stop this legislation. From my 15 years of experience working with Brady advocates, I know this works.

Please make a contribution to the Brady Campaign to stop the repeal of our new life-saving ammunition law.

I know we can defeat the gun lobby. I can't recall any gun lobby bills over the past several years ever making it out of committee in California.

But I also know, the gun lobby can't stand to lose ... and that's been happening a lot recently.

When you and I helped pass AB 962, the gun lobby lost big time. And this past summer, we helped defeat dangerous legislation that would have weakened state concealed carry laws, and we blocked the gun lobby's opposition to the nomination of now Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. We also defeated "guns on campus" bills in 22 states.

The gun lobby is a well-funded, formidable foe. But they are out of step with the majority of Californians who want common sense gun laws to keep our families and our communities safe.

Still it will take every voice and every dollar we can raise to stop the gun lobby’s campaigns to weaken — or gut — California’s strong gun laws.

Please help keep California communities safe — and keep bullets and firearms out of the wrong hands — by making a generous contribution to the Brady Campaign today.
Brian Malte [signature] Sincerely,

Brian Malte, State Legislation and Politics Director
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

2009_gunner
10-23-2009, 11:34 AM
ugh.

Is part of the Brady bunch really grassroots? They call us "The Gun Lobby" to dehumanize us, but really I imagine them as less of a "by the people" group and more a "by a few elitists" group. I can't imagine what drives these people, but I'm looking forward to McDonald v. Chicago putting them back in their place.

bwiese
10-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Perhaps we get a good blow-up of that photo (i.e, track it to its higher-res source) so we can identify various participants.

gregorylucas
10-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Funny looks like a small group... :rolleyes:

-Greg

acolytes
10-23-2009, 12:09 PM
For some reason that pic. reminds me of Willy Wonka with his oompa loompas.:confused:

odysseus
10-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Disgusting. Smiling and joy over the trampling of lawful people's liberties, with the true ambition to unconstitutionally control firearms access and use, even by making ammunition woefully more expensive and prohibitive.

What a bunch of asses.

1BigPea
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Gov Schwarzenegger really makes me upset. So do all of those clueless brady bunch types.

frunkis
10-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I threw up a little in my mouth. Why oh why did I vote for that A$% Hat

Casey
10-23-2009, 4:25 PM
That's a pic of all the people that called in and voted for 962 on the Govs phone survey.

RRangel
10-23-2009, 5:46 PM
I'm convinced that these idiots pretty much didn't do a damn thing. Our governor and legislature doesn't need a bunch of confused victim disarming morons to screw us over because that comes naturally. They've proven that time and time again. You have to understand that they're like minded to begin with.

Dr Rockso
10-23-2009, 5:52 PM
Yarrr....not a looker in the bunch :chris:

bodger
10-23-2009, 6:26 PM
Too bad Arnie didn't veto AB962. He could have had a celebration photo taken with about 30,000 gunnies.

That would have been a great moment in his career. Instead of this disgusting coffee klatch of mindless uninformed hag antis.

Good one Arnie. You're the darling of the anti-gun crowd now.

He should go back to the Fatherland now. He's messed with our country's rights quite enough.

nicki
10-23-2009, 6:47 PM
Let's be good sports and smile, because Gene already told us that he has something special.

They get to gloat, we come in and win the game in the courts.

In the meantime we go to those who claim they are on our side, you know, like our friends and stuff, who won't move and get them riled up that the sky is falling and they better act.

Looking back, Arnie could have done us a favor, although that is not what he intended.

Historical case for example: Diane Feinstein pushed the 1994 AW bill, what it cost us was normal capacity magazines for 10 years and cosemetic features on semi auto rifles.

What we got was growth of CCW nationwide as well as development of small handguns due to ammo capacity limitations.

When the bill expired and the streets suddenly became filled with gun toting citizens the crime rate went down even more.

Sure we are screwed here in California, but that is only temporary.

The Microstamp bill is on hold because of patent issues, so when Gene says trust me, we should:43:

Nicki

G17GUY
10-23-2009, 7:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN253RLDdM8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN253RLDdM8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I wonder if signing antigun bills gives him this feeling.

Dr Rockso
10-23-2009, 7:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN253RLDdM8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN253RLDdM8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anybody got a sharp stick so I can poke out my mind's eye?

MrSigmaDOT40
10-23-2009, 8:10 PM
Perhaps we get a good blow-up of that photo (i.e, track it to its higher-res source) so we can identify various participants.

Can you confirm those messages?:confused:

demnogis
10-23-2009, 8:33 PM
How wrong is it that I can't UNHEAR and UNSEE that damn video now.

timdps
10-23-2009, 9:55 PM
Is part of the Brady bunch really grassroots? They call us "The Gun Lobby" to dehumanize us, ....

Perhaps we need to come up with some terms to do the same to the Brady bunch:

Anti-Gun Lobby
Victim Disarmament Lobby
Brady Campaign to Promote Gun Violence Against Unarmed Victims

I'm sure that others can come up with better names....

Tim