PDA

View Full Version : Legal question on Magazines

trever1t
02-05-2005, 7:46 AM
If it is not illegal to posses a High Cap mag, is it illegal to purchase one by mail? Or is it illegal just for the sellor, or both?
What if my brother sends me some mags for my WWII collection?

trever1t
02-05-2005, 7:46 AM
If it is not illegal to posses a High Cap mag, is it illegal to purchase one by mail? Or is it illegal just for the sellor, or both?
What if my brother sends me some mags for my WWII collection?

02-05-2005, 7:57 AM
It's not illegal if you had them before the ban. I don't know to many dealers that would risk going to jail to ship a hi-cap mag here.

One thing to think about, if your bro sends you some in the mail and by chance the box is opened. Is it worth him going to jail and possibly yourself? If your going to do stuff like this it's better to not ask on a public forum. If they're 10rds or less then there's no problems.

4pk
02-05-2005, 9:11 AM
50 is correct...maybe jail time. I wouldn't risk it.

Basically, you can not "get" hi-cap mag after the ban.
If you already had em before the ban, you can keep em and use them.

Colonel Klink
02-05-2005, 2:37 PM
High cap magazines is a negative label comming out of the assult weapons ban. Lets let that phrase die. Standard capacity magazines over 10 rounds are illegal to sell or receive if you live in California.

No dealer outside the state will risk sending you a standard magazine over 10 rounds. You can go to gun shows in Nevada and buy magazines over 10 rounds with no problem but you ARE breaking the law if you allow them to enter California.

I have a problem with the police being able to discern between my 15 round magazines, that I had ten years ago, and any I might have gotten more recently. It is another scare tatic that honest people abide by. The criminals have 33 round magazines and don't care!

trever1t
02-05-2005, 4:45 PM
Definately dont want to get myself or anyone else in a jam with the law, and hence the question answered.
Very silly law that has no influence on criminals or their activities, but punishes those of us that want "correct" parts for our collectibles.