PDA

View Full Version : Guns in popular culture

Amacias805
10-22-2009, 4:04 PM
Doing a research paper on guns in pop culture....

needed a few ideas of where to go with it, what you think of it, and where i can get research information at???

thanks all help is appreciated

B Strong
10-22-2009, 5:36 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=gun+tattoos+pics&aq=2&oq=gun+tattoos&aqi=g7g-m3

Henry Hill
10-23-2009, 3:52 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Guns+In+Rap+Music`

bballwizard05
10-23-2009, 4:00 PM
steve smith being held up by his own driver (steve smith= giants wide reciever), Plaxiglock burress :) , and Mariano Riviera telling a kid in a restuarant that he has a "click clack" in his car. And then discuss how none of these things reflect the law abiding gun citizens in Kali!!

Clayface
10-23-2009, 4:44 PM
I think its interesting to point out that when donald duck doesn't wear pants, yet when stepping out of the shower his has a towel around his stomach. What's up with that?

Amacias805
10-27-2009, 1:15 PM
I think its interesting to point out that when donald duck doesn't wear pants, yet when stepping out of the shower his has a towel around his stomach. What's up with that?

wtf?

DJBSR
10-27-2009, 2:06 PM
wtf?

Second that

seanbo
10-27-2009, 8:43 PM
In pop culture the bad guys always have guns. That's why the good guys need to always have guns in real life.

SuperSet
10-27-2009, 8:44 PM

My brain hurts. Is that you Gator Monroe?

locosway
10-27-2009, 9:04 PM
I think some people don't want to write your paper for you.

However, if I think you may want to explore the fact that in movies, when there's something bad, we always think "Get a gun!", but in real life, we call the police. We call the police because they have guns. Yet, many people oppose firearms, or think only criminals have/use them.

Popular culture being I guess Rap in this case, focuses on illegal guns mostly. Maybe this ingrains a sense of "guns are illegal" in the youths mind. I just don't see how singing about getting a CCW or exercising a constitutional right to LOC making into any pop song.