PDA

View Full Version : Remember, “what if there was a war and nobody came?”

Capt. Speirs
10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Do you remember, "What if there was a war and nobody came?"

Let's take it a step towards gun control, What if nobody adhered to Carry Concealed or Open laws...would they arrest all of us?

timmyb21
10-22-2009, 1:02 PM
I believe they'd give it their damndest.

MudCamper
10-22-2009, 1:13 PM
This is not constructive advice, particularly considering that it looks like we will win in the courts within the next few years.

OlderThanDirt
10-22-2009, 1:20 PM
Conceptually, this strategy works. Look at illegal aliens, where there are far too many to enforce the law, so they are allowed to stay. However, in this case, LE could easily pick off organizers of such a revolt using the "conspiracy to commit ________" approach.

JDoe
10-22-2009, 1:20 PM
...What if nobody adhered to Carry Concealed or Open laws...would they arrest all of us?

No. They would arrest the leaders and make a public example out of them.

Whiskey_Sauer
10-22-2009, 1:26 PM
Let's take it a step towards gun control, What if nobody adhered to Carry Concealed or Open laws...would they arrest all of us?

Short answer: yes.

M1A Rifleman
10-22-2009, 1:28 PM
[QUOTE=OlderThanDirt;3254067]Conceptually, this strategy works. Look at illegal aliens, ...QUOTE]

They (illegal aliens) have nothing to loose coming here. If you have a job, a family and value your freedom you do have something to loose. Mud Camper is right, this post is not constructive.

wildhawker
10-22-2009, 1:29 PM
What drives some to such foolish exercises when we are so close to legitimately securing the right to carry?

KylaGWolf
10-22-2009, 1:30 PM
YES they would arrest every single one they caught doing so and I can also bet you that if that happened the laws on guns would be even worse then they are now. So to the OP this would be a major folly if you were to attempt it. Not to mention you would have a whole lot of really upset 2A people for messing up everything we are working so very hard to change.

KylaGWolf
10-22-2009, 1:31 PM
What drives some to such foolish exercises when we are so close to legitimately securing the right to carry?

That would be the million dollar question.

Capt. Speirs
10-22-2009, 1:31 PM
This is not constructive advice, particularly considering that it looks like we will win in the courts within the next few years.

This is not advice, this is a "what if” scenario. I would never advise anyone to do something illegal, and you are right implying that this should be handled in court.

Kestryll
10-22-2009, 1:45 PM

Frustration, exhaustion and exuberance.

Frustration with the laws of our State and the Legislature/Governor's seeming lack of care for our rights and our voice.

Exhaustion from having fought this fight for so many years with little or no wins.

Exuberance because now that we've seen victories and forward motion after all these years of fighting a static or losing battle the end actually looks possible and thus becomes that much more desired.

We're within spitting distance and it looks so tantalizingly close that many want to jump out after it, the goal starts looking bigger than the obstacles yet to be overcome.

I'm not saying it's right, we still need to play smart and careful but I do understand the mindset and the motivation.

otteray
10-22-2009, 6:17 PM
Kestryll must be a Master Carpenter 'cause he hit the nail square on the head. +1

cornflake
10-22-2009, 6:31 PM
Conceptually, this strategy works. Look at illegal aliens, where there are far too many to enforce the law, so they are allowed to stay. However, in this case, LE could easily pick off organizers of such a revolt using the "conspiracy to commit ________" approach.

They are here not because there are far too many to enforce. But rather, California economic needs them to be here. If government wanted to, they could have round up the illegal aliens like they did with Japanese during WWII.

-

nicki
10-22-2009, 7:19 PM
Most of us have problems, it is called life responsiblities, you know things like jobs, house payments, rent, families to support, car payments.

I'm sure that most our bosses would be thrilled for us to be going to jail anywhere from a few days to a year because we are standing up for our principles.

I sure all of us have spouses, boyfriends and girlfriends who say "honey, do whatever you need to, I'll work overtime to take care of the bills why you are away.

If you are a criminal with no real job, if you are an illegal that is doing odd jobs, in short if you have no responsiblities in life, not even for yourself, you can play this games.

The only people on this board who can play these hardball games are people who are retired and are living on pensions, investments and other things where they can in fact sit in jail if need be.

It is one thing to break the law, but if you actually challenge the system itself, all gloves are off an the system will go for the max and they don't care about things like rules.

That is why we need to pick our battles, in order to win, we need to pick the battles.

By this time next year we will be bigger, badder and stronger than ever. We will have incorporation and the whole gun rights movement in the whole country is going to be focused in California.

Next year the status quo on many things will change and it will be real change, not OBAMA change.

Nicki

The Director
10-22-2009, 8:45 PM
Frustration, exhaustion and exuberance.

Frustration with the laws of our State and the Legislature/Governor's seeming lack of care for our rights and our voice.

Exhaustion from having fought this fight for so many years with little or no wins.

Exuberance because now that we've seen victories and forward motion after all these years of fighting a static or losing battle the end actually looks possible and thus becomes that much more desired.

We're within spitting distance and it looks so tantalizingly close that many want to jump out after it, the goal starts looking bigger than the obstacles yet to be overcome.

I'm not saying it's right, we still need to play smart and careful but I do understand the mindset and the motivation.

Dude..........EXACTLY.

mblat
10-22-2009, 9:09 PM
I would say the answer is that they would arrest enough to make others to follow the law......

bodger
10-22-2009, 9:46 PM
This state being a sanctuary state for illegals, the comparison does peak my interest.

But looking the other way (LAPD Special Order 40) is rooted in political correctness.

Letting mass amounts of gunnies slide for packing concealed is not only politically incorrect, a crusader with the intent to arrest every one who did CCW sans permit could build a nice polititcal career.

FWIW, I think we should round up each and every alien who is here illegally and deport them en masse immediately. And CCW should be a right that doesn't require a permit.

cornflake
10-23-2009, 1:10 AM
FWIW, I think we should round up each and every alien who is here illegally and deport them en masse immediately. And CCW should be a right that doesn't require a permit.

Should that happen, I am certain CCW would be a right for everyone. Except most of us probably won't be able to afford a gun, as all our money will be used to pay food that's costing at least 10 times as much.

Or are you volunteering to start working in the farm at minimal wage the day after we round up all the illegals? :p

I'm not saying it's right thing for them to be here, I'm just acknowledging fact that we proud 'legal' is counting on the same group of people you are trying to deport to maintain our life style.

-

bodger
10-23-2009, 6:32 AM
Or are you volunteering to start working in the farm at minimal wage the day after we round up all the illegals? :p

-

No. I did my volunteering some time ago. It came with an oath and it wasn't farm work. Unless rice paddies count.

Send them back where they came from and we'll figure out how to get the lettuce out of the ground. And spend tax dollars on something better than coddling these criminals. Entering the United States without proper documentation and procedure is a crime.