PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Spooktacular Zombie Shoot - Nov 7th Panoche - Are You Attending?

Pages : [1] 2

WeekendWarrior
10-22-2009, 11:17 AM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
1) +3 to 4
2) Goodies, Water, Clay Targets, and chairs
3) Guns? what guns? :43: no tannerite dont know where to get it or else i would :(
4) I will be all of the above to help out

BTW
taylor i will have the sample shirts templates by later today and we need a tent for during the day

WeekendWarrior
10-22-2009, 11:24 AM
WWRTW

aemergin
10-22-2009, 11:57 AM
1) Me + 2 others
2) RC Car, targets, water, not really sure what else yet
3) .22lr, 9mm, .45, .223, 12g / no magic dust
4) Always willing to help - just give me something to do.

Baron
10-22-2009, 1:25 PM
1) I will be there with maybe a possible 5 or 6 more... Still waiting for confirmations... I have recieved 2 "can't make the 7th" though
But still waiting on 5 more responses... i'll update here as I hear back from everyone

2) 70 Zombie Targets(That are shown in the preview video) I am trying to get tme to make more. 17 target stands (I'm trying to get more made up as well), 1 clay pigeon thrower with 300+ clays, 1 folding card table(maybe 2 if I have room), lots of empty water bottles, gallon milk jugs, and 2 liter plastic bottles. Plus lots of plastic garbage bags, rake, and clean up stuff

3) all of them (2 rifles and 3 shotguns in 76.2x39 an 12gauge) plus all of my Mallninja gear (it's the only way to blast Zombies)

4) I'm planning on recording most of the event to put a video together, but I can help RO inbetween filming and shooting. I'm planning on getting there early to help set up and plan things out...

JeffW
10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
1) Me + 1 other shooter

2) I have some self resetting polymer targets on a wooden base, and some ipsc style reactive targets... one pistol gong. I'll post more in the other thread what I can bring. I have an easy-up in case it's going to be sunny, ground tarp for our crap,

3) carbine, medium rifle, sidearm. At least 1k rounds of .223 and >500 of .40. See my other posts on calguns for pics if you want an idea.

4) I'll help RO, and setup.

I do have to leave at 5:30PM

Darklyte27
10-23-2009, 8:34 PM
i voted yes and am pretty sure ill be going for a few hours pending my ride with Tango5, and possibly my cousin.

I will bring some food items, sodas, garbage bags?
And my Binoculars, dont got much but can assist with whatever.

Probably a AR or two, M&P Pistol and Savage bolt action.

I got some 2 way radios that should be able to do some good.

diginit
10-23-2009, 9:10 PM
I'm certainly going to try for an overnighter, as usual. I'll bring a small weber and charcoal, firewood and a fire permit, Cokes and hot links, An AR, 8mm Mauser, 1911, Ruger single six 22/22 mag, SU-16. 4x8 table. 2 chairs. Whats left of my wasted easy up, Whatever else I can get my grubby little hands on. Just wish I had a working shotgun for the clays.
Can assist with RO duties. Anyone not obeying the rules will be shot, drug from a truck, drawn and quartered, beheaded, Taste tested by the zombies, and then arrested. Then probably shot again by the A.O. Oh Man. My Bad....

SJgunguy24
10-23-2009, 9:16 PM
I'm certainly going to try for an overnighter, as usual. I'll bring a small weber and charcoal, firewood and a fire permit, Cokes and hot links, An AR, 8mm Mauser, 1911, Ruger single six 22/22 mag, SU-16. 4x8 table. 2 chairs. Whats left of my wasted easy up, Whatever else I can get my grubby little hands on. Just wish I had a working shotgun for the clays.
Can assist with RO duties. Anyone not obeying the rules will be shot, drug from a truck, drawn and quartered, beheaded, Taste tested by the zombies, and then arrested. Then probably shot again by the A.O. Oh Man. My Bad....

I got a shotgun you can use. I'll see what my funds are like by then, hopefully there's extra. Unemployment sucks balls.

diginit
10-23-2009, 9:18 PM
Let me know if you want to campout. I'll give you a ride, (To the shoot)...

SJgunguy24
10-23-2009, 9:45 PM
Let me know if you want to campout. I'll give you a ride, (To the shoot)...

Roger that

Baron
10-24-2009, 12:24 AM

Dude I guarantee you a shotgun to blast both Zombies and Clays... because I'm bring'n both.... that is shotguns for both... so don't worry your pretty little head ....LMAO:D
You want to bust clays I'll be bringing 2 for that...
You want to bust Zombies I'll be bringing 2 for that...

So you bring the 12 gauge birdshot for clay's and/or OO for zomies.... I'll bring the tools to use em... LOL

Same goes for anyone else You bring the ammo I got a rifle and/or shotgun for ya... either in 76.2x39 and 12 gauge...

So there you go....
Just words to live by

MrNiceGuy
10-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I put down "maybe" because work might call me last minute.
But I'm definitely going to make it if I don't have to work (95% chance I'll make it).

Answers to 4 questions:
1) Me, myself, and I
2) One EZ-UP sun shade, two folding tables, box of clays, garbage bags for cleanup, shovel, rake, Weber BBQ, charcoal, food/water/TP.
3) Legally configured rifles/shotguns/pistols in 7.62, 5.56, 12gauge, .45, 9mm.....:)
I don't have tannerite, but I will chip in $$ to whoever brings them.
4) I'll do whatever, just let me know what I can do to help.
I'm bringing a digital SLR (I only know "auto" mode...heh), so the least I can do is be the picture taker (let me know if you don't want your pics posted).

BTW....if it's raining....I'm probably gonna puss out.

seanbo
10-24-2009, 9:06 PM
1 me and maybe up 5 more
2 bbq, food, drinks, paper, cans, what ever I think up by then
3 my guns (9mm, 7.62x54r, 7.62x39, 12 gauge, 22,)
4 I can fill in where needed

diginit
10-25-2009, 6:14 PM
Dude I guarantee you a shotgun to blast both Zombies and Clays... because I'm bring'n both.... that is shotguns for both... so don't worry your pretty little head ....LMAO:D
You want to bust clays I'll be bringing 2 for that...
You want to bust Zombies I'll be bringing 2 for that...

So you bring the 12 gauge birdshot for clay's and/or OO for zomies.... I'll bring the tools to use em... LOL

Same goes for anyone else You bring the ammo I got a rifle and/or shotgun for ya... either in 76.2x39 and 12 gauge...

So there you go....
Just words to live by

2 3/4 or 3" 12 ga? Got a slug barrel?

Come'on people. Only 8 going???? This is for a good cause. A CG fundraiser and a really good time. Men and women alike. This is a place where rapid fire and double taps are allowed. You can enjoy a beer if you like and you won't get kicked out just because of the scent on your breath. Just don't get stupid drunk until the bonfire starts and the guns are put away or you will be suspended from shooting or asked to go to another spot to shoot. In over 60,000 acres, It won't be hard to find place that is a safe distance from the shoot.
Firearm safety becomes a habit if you practice it. Treat every gun as if were loaded, Be sure of your backstop and beyond, Be aware of your muzzle direction, Finger off the trigger until ready to fire! Pretty simple, HUH?
I have had tons of safe fun at this place. Even with 25 CG'ers on the line. Once we had 32. No Problems. I have only had one bad experience here in the 4 years I've been going. (at least once a month.) By a NON CG kid that just got his first 12 ga and barrel swept me. Luckly, I saw him fire the last rnd and saw the bolt was open. But I did mention it. One of the inexpreienced crazies that you have to watch for that says things like "I want to kill something." He got real quiet when he saw me rest my hand on my holstered 1911 and stare him down after that statement. This is a perfect example of controlling the people that can have guns, NOT the guns themselves. I've had guns for years and never threatened anyone. Well, Not with a firearm anyways. And only when they were totally out of line.....
OK enough rambeling.... What is the buy in for the drawing and/or competition shooting? Ground rules? (except for the obvious safety rules stated above.) Will there be timed pistol events? Courses? Should we bring some things to shoot from behind, over, under, etc ? There's plenty of room there to be creative.

tango5
10-25-2009, 6:33 PM
Hello,

We need to get an idea of how many people will be attending the Zombie shoot at Panoche on November 7th. Please answer the poll and then post:

1. How many people will be coming with you, How many people will be shooting (No children under 12 years old please - sorry - liability issues!)

2. What are you bringing to the shoot - Materials, targets, target stands, tables, generator, flood lights, etc.

3. What guns will you be bringing, Are you bringing Tannerite?

4. Are you willing to help out at the event - We need people to make sure safety is being followed, voluntary range masters, timers, scorers, target engineers, general help, etc.)

Thank you for your participation, and we look forward to blowing zombies away with you on November 7th!

1) Just myself, i think DarkLyte will be riding with me, but he can fill out his own poll as i think he mentioned someone will be coming with him. So for now, i will be attending.

2) I dont have much for equipment for helping out, but i'll see what i can bring that would help us all out. I do have some large plastic heavy duty lawn bags to help with the clean up of trash, i'll bring those. I also to photography on the side, so i will be bringing my camera and gear to capture our fun times and host it on my photography page for everyone to check out and download. MyNiceGuy, if you want some pointers on how to make the best of your DSLR, let me know, im more than willing to share my skills.

3) I will be bringing an AR, Rem 700 Tactical, Mossy 500, and a HK USP .40. The amount of ammo i will be bringing wont be much, so if anyone has extra on the cheap to sell, let me know, lol.

4) I am willing to help out as much as possible, but i can promise to help as a range master if needed.

Are we doing this just like a range, all weapons placed on a bench or vehicle during cease fire and not in use, or can we holster our sidearms and sling our rifles on our shoulders? To be honest, i dont feel comfortable leaving my guns unattended when im not around them, the ones i cant carry will be locked up and locked in the vehicle.

On another note, whats the road conditions getting into this place? My Denali doesnt have much for ground clearance if there are rocks taller than a Coke can.

niceguy
10-25-2009, 6:41 PM
Where is Panoche???

tango5
10-25-2009, 6:45 PM
Where is Panoche???

Good question, for the guys who have never been, where is this place, address or road name off the hiway? GPS coordinates?

tango5
10-25-2009, 6:48 PM
Found this on the BLM site:
Panoche Hills: From I-5, take the Mercy Hot Springs exit. Continue west on this road, past the Little Panoche Retention Dam. You will see a BLM sign on your left, indicating the entrance to the Panoche Hills. The gravel access road bisects the Panoche Hills, but has no outlet on the east side. The road is closed four miles up the road during fire season, which is roughly April 15-October 15. From Highway 25, take the J-1 road at Paicines, and head east. Turn left onto "Little Panoche Road", and continue until you see the BLM sign described above. A good landmark is the Mercy Hot Springs Resort, which is almost directly opposite the access point.

diginit
10-25-2009, 7:22 PM
There are 2 ways to get there from the bay area. They are on this site, Along with the BLM regs. http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/hollister/panoche_tumeys.html
Newbies welcome, If you can't shoot, We'll teach you how.

Darklyte27
10-25-2009, 7:47 PM
can someone map it out on google or bing maps?

diginit
10-25-2009, 8:34 PM
can someone map it out on google or bing maps?

:xeno: :tt2: :rofl2:

diginit
10-25-2009, 8:42 PM
LOL. This may be helpful to all. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=HNX&llon=-121.076247&rlon=-119.133747&tlat=38.079584&blat=36.137084&smap=1&mp=0&map.x=31&map.y=171

Cruise around for a map and keep an eye on the deciding factor...
The Weather.

Baron
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
2 3/4 or 3" 12 ga? Got a slug barrel?

2-3/4" or 3" should be fine. no slug barrel, just a smooth cylinder bore 18.5" on the 500a... I'd perfer not to use my 930 with slugs seems how it's my trap gun although my 28" VR barrel does have adjustable chokes...

On a side not though... just to let everyone know... there may be a change in venue (Shooting location) it may be a little farther down I5.. Per disscussion with BLM ranger.... I'm gonna check it out this weekend, So stay tuned

evollep3
10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
i have saiga 12 :) for slugs if you want to bruse your shoulder a little or even better .510 dtc and the Beowulf :)

evollep3
10-26-2009, 1:31 PM
BTT its coming 2 more weeks also one more thing is i will also have a prizze for the person with the longest travel to this event!

WeekendWarrior
10-27-2009, 1:48 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-27-2009, 2:25 PM
sure thats if you did that all in time to get there but i tell ya your going to have a whole lot of driving! :)

diginit
10-27-2009, 8:44 PM
i have saiga 12 :) for slugs if you want to bruse your shoulder a little or even better .510 dtc and the Beowulf :)

I'm bringing my 8mm for shoulder brusing.
510 beowolf? Nice.. Too bad the only 50 cal ammo I have is BMG :(.

I'll pick up alittle bird and/or buckshot. Maybe a few slugs. I only have 15 clays left.

Oh, I'm coming from San Jose. That's in Mexico ya know.....
But if the prize is a swift kick in the a**, I already have one.

Foulball
10-27-2009, 9:44 PM
BTT its coming 2 more weeks also one more thing is i will also have a prizze for the person with the longest travel to this event!

Makes it pretty tempting to drive up there from Anaheim....

diginit
10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Come on up. Envellep3 has offered a Magpul stock for the most head shots. I plan to hit that zombie in the crotch as much as possible.

wikidklown
10-29-2009, 2:09 AM
phukin aye, I have something going on that weekend and this is how I feel for missing it :13::68::gun_bandana:

TurboAR
10-29-2009, 11:47 AM
How many people will be coming with you? Me and my 18 yr. son
2. What are you bringing to the shoot? Some paper and steel targets, bowling pins etc.

3. What guns will you be bringing? x5 AR15's, x1 AK, x2 9mm's, x1 shotgun Are you bringing Tannerite? Yes

4. Are you willing to help out at the event? I will help clean up the .223 brass

r08ert209cali
10-29-2009, 4:13 PM
I will be there plus 1-3 1 for sure.

Bringing all kinds of targets,some reactive. several rifles and pistols 1 shotgun. Generator and two flood lights,2 strobing flash lights. BBQ and camp stove,tent,lanterns and whatever else I forgot to mention.

Will be there early to help setup and probably going to camp. will help wherever needed.

evollep3
10-29-2009, 4:27 PM
I will be there plus 1-3 1 for sure.

Bringing all kinds of targets,some reactive. several rifles and pistols 1 shotgun. Generator and two flood lights,2 strobing flash lights. BBQ and camp stove,tent,lanterns and whatever else I forgot to mention.

Will be there early to help setup and probably going to camp. will help wherever needed.

rob are you going to need any help loading?

Jel
10-29-2009, 7:25 PM
1. How many people will be coming with you, How many people will be shooting (No children under 12 years old please - sorry - liability issues!)

Myself, shakyshooter, Smuggled_Rice, WB408 (my brother), +1 (my brother..not on Calguns)

2. What are you bringing to the shoot - Materials, targets, target stands, tables, generator, flood lights, etc.

Cardboard Target Stands, paper targets, EZ-UP Canopy, lanterns, chairs, water, cooler, shooting table, clay launcher, clays, plastic bags, rakes, clean up material (we are cleaning up after ourselves, right? :) )

If someone is seriously bringing a generator, then I'll be bringing a FOG MACHINE. Should make things interesting. Just gotta figure out if we can run some sort of inexpensive tubing so that we can have the fog come out at multiple points.

Since this is happening AFTER Halloween, it should be a good time make some pretty cool Zombies with all the Halloween left over costumes and such.

AR15's, shotguns, and whatever else fits. If someone has a lead on tannerite, please PM me the contact...I'd like to pickup a case.

4. Are you willing to help out at the event - We need people to make sure safety is being followed, voluntary range masters, timers, scorers, target engineers, general help, etc.)

I'll definitely help out wherever and I can. I hope to get there around lunch time to assist with any setup of firing lines, target boundaries, etc.

diginit
10-29-2009, 8:47 PM
I need some sparklers or Magnesium ribbon. Can someone bring some. Bring UV glasses too.....I have 1 fire extinguiser. More wouldn't hurt, Just in case.

SJgunguy24
10-29-2009, 9:05 PM
I need some sparklers or Magnesium ribbon. Can someone bring some. Bring UV glasses too.....I have 1 fire extinguiser. More wouldn't hurt, Just in case.

I'll bring my 7lb bottle. We need to find and old VW case:43:

OK maybe not. Will my welding hood work?
Everybody make sure you bring proper Afghani head gear, BLM guys love that crap.

tango5
10-29-2009, 9:08 PM
2-3/4" or 3" should be fine. no slug barrel, just a smooth cylinder bore 18.5" on the 500a... I'd perfer not to use my 930 with slugs seems how it's my trap gun although my 28" VR barrel does have adjustable chokes...

On a side not though... just to let everyone know... there may be a change in venue (Shooting location) it may be a little farther down I5.. Per disscussion with BLM ranger.... I'm gonna check it out this weekend, So stay tuned

Yes please keep us updated if the location changes. I would hate to head out to Panoche and find out no one is there, lol.

diginit
10-29-2009, 9:20 PM
I'll bring my 7lb bottle. We need to find and old VW case:43:

OK maybe not. Will my welding hood work?
Everybody make sure you bring proper Afghani head gear, BLM guys love that crap.

I know where there is a wrecked car there. And a welding visor is preferred. This stuff is BRIGHT. You caught that one right away, huh. No Afghani head gear unless you are in the wrecked car please.

SJgunguy24
10-29-2009, 9:33 PM
I know where there is a wrecked car there. And a welding visor is preferred. This stuff is BRIGHT. You caught that one right away, huh. No Afghani head gear unless you are in the wrecked car please.

A VW air cooled case is magnesium......ask me how I know:43:

Dump water on after it gets going, it really cool..........ask me how I know:eek:

tommygunr
10-29-2009, 9:49 PM
A VW air cooled case is magnesium......ask me how I know:43:

Dump water on after it gets going, it really cool..........ask me how I know:eek:

were you trying to blow yourself up :D for people not in the know burning magnesium + water = grenade :43:

diginit
10-29-2009, 9:53 PM
There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
The others, well......they just never learn.
Is this how you know? :o

How about thermite over a block of ice????
Or , even better, A propane canister???
We need MN. ribbon. The longer the better. I don't want to be anywhere near this stuff.

SJgunguy24
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
The others, well......they just never learn.
Is this how you know? :o

How about thermite over a block of ice????
Or , even better, A propane canister???
We need MN. ribbon. The longer the better. I don't want to be anywhere near this stuff.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T.....YOU WENT THERE.....OH BOY:D

SJgunguy24
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
were you trying to blow yourself up :D for people not in the know burning magnesium + water = grenade :43:

You would never think that something is hot enough to burn the hydrogen in water.

Oh but there is:eek:

Did I ever tell you I was kicked out of chemistry? Twice.....I went to one of them smart kid schools untill they realized......you shouldn't teach bad kids stuff like that.
So I read an encyclopeda set and studied all on my own....then came High School.

Can we get some Alkaline metals? I'll bring the water....and my nomex

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 6:40 AM
I hope you guys don't screw the pooch on this. Having tannerite is one thing but MN and Alkaline metals? Hope you guys are just kidding around. Would hate for someone to get injuried having all this fun.

Just my 2 cents.

Baron
10-30-2009, 8:50 AM
Yes please... the BLM rangers are already preparing for us and are being cool. They have talked with DFG too, So we shouldn't have any hassles. They will more then likely be stopping by for a friendly visit. I know (hope) everyone is joking around here... Tannerite only please.

There are some people who have posted intrest in going but may not know all the rules for BLM shooting, so just to clear it up Tannerite only...
But your more then welcome to bring any caliber rifle, handgun, Shotgun, and/or plasma rifle you want... Plus all the rapid bump firing your wallet can afford.

Be sure to bring enough ammo too... I think the last time I did a Zombie shoot I used something around 200 rounds for my rifles... maybe 100 with the shotgun... and that was taking it easy, I'm not rich like most of ya's... LOL:D

So my count so far is around a possible 42 people going
Everyone who has posted here will recieve a PM and/or email with directions to the new spot after this weekend... after I check it out

So keep stocking up your ammo... thar be Zombies in dem hills
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Zombies/Zombie_dead_live.jpg

KaHuNaZ
10-30-2009, 10:05 AM
So theres a new spot???

Ghostwheel
10-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Hello,

We need to get an idea of how many people will be attending the Zombie shoot at Panoche on November 7th. Please answer the poll and then post:

Myself +1

Tannerite
folding table

Firearms: Sorry, not putting an inventory on-line. Google is watching. :)
Tannerite: 50+ lbs in 10lb boxes.

Yes, I am willing to help out.

Ghostwheel
10-30-2009, 11:12 AM

I have magnesium ribbon, but I would worry about the risk of fire. Has anyone been out there lately? Are the hills and vegetation still bone dry?

-Chris

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Myself +1

Tannerite
folding table

Firearms: Sorry, not putting an inventory on-line. Google is watching. :)
Tannerite: 50+ lbs in 10lb boxes.

Yes, I am willing to help out.

Hah, that zombie killer of yours from the past......lol
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/IMG_2211.jpg

Ghostwheel
10-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Hah, that zombie killer of yours from the past......lol

Sadly, that beauty isn't well suited for fast action zombie hunting. I knew I should have fitted it with a magazine kit...

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 1:23 PM
Sadly, that beauty isn't well suited for fast action zombie hunting. I knew I should have fitted it with a magazine kit...

Snipe those zombies

diginit
10-30-2009, 3:11 PM
Snipe those zombies

I didn't know this was a snipe hunt.

evollep3
10-30-2009, 3:13 PM
i can rapid fire a 700 pretty damn fast on COD4

COBRA MASTER
10-30-2009, 4:05 PM
lol

i can rapid fire a 700 pretty damn fast on COD4

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 5:53 PM
I didn't know this was a snipe hunt.

James, you get those zombies anyway you can.

diginit
10-30-2009, 8:01 PM
James, you get those zombies anyway you can.

Scary thought!
I may be alot of things, But a necropheliac I'm not.
But when I think about it... No complaining, No telling me what and what not to do or how to spend my money, She wouldn't screw around on me much. No jealous boyfriends, divorce or other lawsuit. Hummm....NOT!

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 8:15 PM
Scary thought!
I may be alot of things, But a necropheliac I'm not.
But when I think about it... No complaining, No telling me what and what not to do or how to spend my money, She wouldn't screw around on me much. No jealous boyfriends, divorce or other lawsuit. Hummm....NOT!

:smilielol5::smilielol5::rofl2::rofl2:

tango5
10-30-2009, 8:54 PM
So what time is this shindig starting at? Need to know to calculate drive time, thanks folks.

knucklehead 61
10-30-2009, 9:32 PM
1. 1 to 3 others with me.

2. tons of gear, tables, ezup etc.

3. 6 to 8 guns, 10 to 30 lbs of Mr. T

4. depends on how late i can stay, but i always try my best to help out.

BroncoBob
10-30-2009, 10:12 PM
1. 1 to 3 others with me.

2. tons of gear, tables, ezup etc.

3. 6 to 8 guns, 10 to 30 lbs of Mr. T

4. depends on how late i can stay, but i always try my best to help out.

Hey if you launch anymore Korean Rockets besure to get some good pics to post....Man I going miss not going to this one.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-31-2009, 3:56 PM
Baron,
There is a box of Calguns goodies heading your way via US Postal Service.
Shipped it out about 1:15 this afternoon.

You guys have fun,

Vick

r08ert209cali
10-31-2009, 5:17 PM
rob are you going to need any help loading?

I dont think so. I will be heading out after I get off work. need a rested driver for the trip home unless I stay the night. I think I will need an eotech though.

r08ert209cali
10-31-2009, 5:20 PM
I think I may go mall ninja on this one. Who is with me.

Gofasterdammit
10-31-2009, 6:01 PM

Picked up a chest rig and mag pouches today!

diginit
10-31-2009, 6:39 PM
Wearing all black may not be a good idea. bring Glow sticks. If you don't want to wear them, They work great on top of a Tannerite charge.

SJgunguy24
10-31-2009, 7:01 PM
Wearing all black may not be a good idea. bring Glow sticks. If you don't want to wear them, They work great on top of a Tannerite charge.

Oh no.......i'll be wearing my body armor and strobes. I plan to leave there with the same amount of holes I arrived with.

Tim, my buddy still has the round that hit him in the chest.

diginit
10-31-2009, 7:35 PM
Was it a ricochet? or did you just miss the headshot?. :shifty:

Seriously, What happened?

SJgunguy24
10-31-2009, 9:09 PM
Was it a ricochet? or did you just miss the headshot?. :shifty:

Seriously, What happened?

That was the shoot when I still had my cast.
Tim was shooting that PSL and we had 1 round hit a guy in the leg.
Then another one hit my buddy Mike in the chest......on his heart.

It was a ricochet off one of the steel plates. He still has it.

diginit
10-31-2009, 10:03 PM
There is a lesson here. ALWAYS angle your steel. I was shooting my Ruger 22 mag, 6 1/2" barrel at a steel plate at 50 yrds. I heard a voice in my head telling me to kneel down. (seriously) I dropped to one knee and fired. I felt the wind from bullet in my hair. If I would have been standing, I would have caught in the chest. I was alone in the desert and probably would have bled to death. True Story! ANGLE YOUR STEEL DOWN! So the bullet at least slows down abit. Flat, Left, right or up is a mistake.
Sorry about your friend, Mike. Glad he survived.

SJgunguy24
10-31-2009, 10:09 PM
There is a lesson here. ALWAYS angle your steel. I was shooting my Ruger 22 mag, 6 1/2" barrel at a steel plate at 50 yrds. I heard a voice in my head telling me to kneel down. (seriously) I dropped to one knee and fired. I felt the wind from bullet in my hair. If I would have been standing, I would have caught in the chest. I was alone in the desert and probably would have bled to death. True Story! ANGLE YOUR STEEL DOWN! Sorry about your friend, Mike.

That was the second hit that day, Tim stopped shooting at the closest steel.

Naw he's alright but he was kinda weird after that. It was funny we were at Metcalf and he was popping rounds with my AR and he didn't want to shoot the steel out there.
Tell you the truth I get more worried about you shooting alone. Hey i'm getting my pack together for the weekend. All of the loud stuff is checked. Now it's the camping gear i'm getting squared away. Is it supposed to rain?

diginit
10-31-2009, 10:15 PM
I only have a seven day report.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 71.
Looks good so far!
We'll know more as time goes by.

r08ert209cali
10-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I think I will bring my shooting chrony with me this trip as well as a range finder. wanna try and get some DOPE. Plan on heading out early for a coyote hunt as well.

diginit
10-31-2009, 10:25 PM
By DOPE, You mean information? right? I'll show you where the coyotes are in Panoche, But this shoot may be moved to another spot down I-5.
Something tells me that 1/2 of us will go to Panoche and the other half to the new spot.

SJgunguy24
10-31-2009, 10:35 PM
I think I will bring my shooting chrony with me this trip as well as a range finder. wanna try and get some DOPE. Plan on heading out early for a coyote hunt as well.

Rob.....do I need to renew my hunting license? Day, night?

knucklehead 61
10-31-2009, 11:20 PM
why change? panoche rules & has plenty of room past the 3rd gate

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 12:11 AM
why change? panoche rules & has plenty of room past the 3rd gate

Night shooting, there are some protected animals so the BLM guys suggested a different spot. There is a ISR mission this weekend so we'll have the intel by tomarrow I hope.

diginit
11-01-2009, 6:55 AM
Night shooting, there are some protected animals so the BLM guys suggested a different spot.

That is the reason that parts of Panoche don't allow shooting. Something's funny here....That's not really a good excuse because of the already preserved areas. Mice are smart enough to stay in their burrows when noise is above. Coyotes too. Are they worried about rattlesnakes and those 2" flying bugs that bite?

If the new spot is where I think it is, Small cars will sink and bottom out in the powdered dirt.

tango5
11-01-2009, 7:50 AM

I plan on wearing my ACU pants, a camo fleece jacket, and a pistol belt that holds a mag pouch, drop leg holster, and a canteen. I dont know if thats considered mall ninja, but i dont care what other think, lol. Its practical and works for me.

diginit
11-01-2009, 7:55 AM
Fleece? You're bringing your Snuggie? :cowboy:

tango5
11-01-2009, 8:00 AM
Fleece? You're bringing your Snuggie? :cowboy:

Well it does keep you warm, and works wonders in the prone position, lol. But the damn sleeves keep getting in the way during mag changes, lol.

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Well it does keep you warm, and works wonders in the prone position, lol. But the damn sleeves keep getting in the way during mag changes, lol.

Hey any BDU of ACU type pants are a good idea out there. It keeps the ticks at bay, I plan to wear under armor if it's cold i'll go 2.0 if not i'll stick with the warm gear.

r08ert209cali
11-01-2009, 1:04 PM
Was planning on a morning hunt for coyotes. perhaps both mornings if I stay the night. bringing hand calls and an electric caller. Where they at diginit?

diginit
11-01-2009, 1:19 PM
Planning on protecting the endagered mice, huh? You probably won't see them during the day. At night, they're about a mile compass north of the usual winter shoot spot. Across the road towards the relay station. You'll find scat as soon as you cross the road. You may be the only one there if the shoot location is changed. There is a small circle of dirt without vegetation on the left of the main road just before the shooting spot. Camp there and you will hear them all night.

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 2:03 PM
Was planning on a morning hunt for coyotes. perhaps both mornings if I stay the night. bringing hand calls and an electric caller. Where they at diginit?

Hey Rob, camp out and we can glass and use my NV to get a good look at where they're coming out from.

tango5
11-01-2009, 2:40 PM
So is it still on for the original Panoche location, or is it moving? Please advise, we need to get an idea of where we are going on Saturday morning, thanks.

diginit
11-01-2009, 7:15 PM
I don't know what happened to the recon. But I think I'm going to Panoche anyways. I said it in an earlier post. There's something funny here. I'm thinking the rangers may have used the endangered mice as a reason to get us closer to I-5. :euro: Due to the possibility of injuries and for quicker access to the shoot. Hell, The coyotes eat more mice than we would. Think about it.
Do I need a hunting license for mice? :smash: I'll bring my little weber. :chef: It's just the right size. We could put 'em on a stick and sell them at the flea market. :drool5: Then donate the procedes.
Beside's, I'm wondering if we need a permit for an oraganized event on BLM land. :censored: Not that the shoot is a bad idea, It sounds like fun. But a simple camping trip may be safer. As far as citations go.:helpsmilie:

tango5
11-01-2009, 7:50 PM
Im leaning towards Panoche as well. I dont think we need a permit, its just a bunch of guys going shooting. This other place i have no idea of where it is, let alone no one has posted the name of the place or how to get there. There are a lot of places that are "further down I-5".

diginit
11-01-2009, 8:57 PM
It's the rangers idea for us to pick a new spot. They didn't want this to happen at panoche. A little further down I-5 is Panoche Rd. As opposed to little panoche Rd. This road turns to dirt and it is POWDER. Over 8" deep in spots. Really fun if it rains. I like driving in it, But some don't. Trucks get sideways and small cars get stuck.
I feel bad krapping on such a great thread, But if this is the new spot, The old one sounds better to me. If 40+ people are going, the rangers could consider this an oganized event using this thread and attendance as evidence and asking to see a permit and then asking for fees. or just fining us and telling us to go home. I really wanted a chance for that Magpull stock too.
There are LARGE areas of Panoche that are preserves. So the mouse excuse seems weak to me.
I respect the rangers duties, But it sounds like more bureaucratic doubletalk. A rouse to get us where they want us. Again.... We'll have to wait for the recon. But I'm leaning towards the usual spot also.

diginit
11-01-2009, 9:10 PM
This land is our land, This land is your land, From California,
To the New York Islands....... WTF Happened?

Gio
11-01-2009, 9:18 PM

1.) Me + 3-5 Not Certain for now all over 18 years old

2.) Some chairs and blanket for collecting brass/shells.

3.) Stuff

4.) I am willing to help out with making sure people are not being unsafe, not sure about setting up or cleaning up. Not sure what time we will be getting there, and also what time we will be leaving.

Not sure if you plan on taking breaks to set up target s and what not, also a good thing to do brass/litter clean up every couple of target changes and or what not just my .02 :D

-Gio

BroncoBob
11-01-2009, 9:19 PM
Oh I hope this doesn't become a big shzt burger for your guys.........:eek::eek:

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 9:54 PM
Oh I hope this doesn't become a big shzt burger for your guys.........:eek::eek:

Why? Come hungry and leave happy.:D

Or we could shoot the shzt and the breeze:D

I love that shzt...don't you?

I love the smell of shzt in the morning....it smells like.......like victory.

AAHHHHHHHH shzt what have I done...

Please stop me....

James, OK Camping shzt(couldn't help it..sorry) squared. Gotta dig out my mess kit and stove.

tommygunr
11-01-2009, 10:42 PM

myself and maybe 2 others

4 wooden nock downs with zombie heads , eazy up ,table and chairs

223, 22lr , 12ga , 45, 9mm and 30-06

general help

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I hope you guys don't screw the pooch on this. Having tannerite is one thing but MN and Alkaline metals? Hope you guys are just kidding around. Would hate for someone to get injuried having all this fun.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm crazy not stupid..........OK don't ask the old lady.

SJgunguy24
11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok so mentally.....but i'm old enough......right?

Me, guns, Mr T, tent, and i'm rolling with diginit
4 wooden nock downs with zombie heads , eazy up ,table and chairs
Chair, tent, body armor, bad attitude....JK..well

223, 22lr , 12ga , 45, 9mm and 30-06
AK 7.62, AR 223, hunting gun 30.06', maybe a shot gun 12ga, sidearm 9mm
engineers...ya build it up and blow it down...check. Safe...4 letter word.
Range master....only if she's hot and wearing leather.
general help

It's pretty safe out there. The only injury i've seen was sunburns and ricochets, so eyes and ears and angle steel down.

tommygunr
11-02-2009, 12:02 AM
:rofl:

Henry47
11-02-2009, 12:11 PM
bringing myself and one more. not sure what i can bring besides chairs.

evollep3
11-02-2009, 12:20 PM
5 more days guys

diginit
11-02-2009, 6:58 PM
yea.. But where are we going?

tango5
11-02-2009, 7:02 PM
5 more days guys

Im soo excited like a little kid on Christmas. Ive been working a lot of hours and i need some time to get away from the family for a bit and be with other like minded gun nuts and fill the air with burnt gun powder fumes. Mike (Darklyte) and i have constructed 2, two target stands and 2 small single target stands that sit about 2 feet off the ground, i went to Staples and had them print up some large 17"x23" black and white photos of a Nazi zombie and a zombie holding a rifle with a helmet and gas mask on. Plus, Mike had a good idea of ballons slightly filled with baby powder, its a poor mans tannerite, lol.

tango5
11-02-2009, 7:03 PM
yea.. But where are we going?

Who was the one doing the recon of the original spot? Did that recon ever get completed?

BroncoBob
11-02-2009, 7:23 PM
Im soo excited like a little kid on Christmas. Ive been working a lot of hours and i need some time to get away from the family for a bit and be with other like minded gun nuts and fill the air with burnt gun powder fumes. Mike (Darklyte) and i have constructed 2, two target stands and 2 small single target stands that sit about 2 feet off the ground, i went to Staples and had them print up some large 17"x23" black and white photos of a Nazi zombie and a zombie holding a rifle with a helmet and gas mask on. Plus, Mike had a good idea of ballons slightly filled with baby powder, its a poor mans tannerite, lol.

Hope he is using the "Baby Fresh" scented powder. That will make it smell so fresh........:smilielol5::smilielol5:

tango5
11-02-2009, 7:38 PM
Hope he is using the "Baby Fresh" scented powder. That will make it smell so fresh........:smilielol5::smilielol5:

My wife and i own a 1 year old baby boy, and yes we have an abundant supply of baby fresh baby powder. And yes, "we own him", i made him, so that makes him my property, lol.

diginit
11-02-2009, 7:48 PM
Who was the one doing the recon of the original spot? Did that recon ever get completed?

Baron was going to scope it out. No word so far.
Are we going to see that kid you own in the for sale forum when the teething starts?

tango5
11-02-2009, 7:58 PM
Baron was going to scope it out. No word so far.
Are we going to see that kid you own in the for sale forum when the teething starts?

Teething has begun, but more are coming in. And no, i cant sell him...... the wife would want half of the money, i aint sharing. I heard there is a big demand for black market babies? lol jk.

diginit
11-02-2009, 8:09 PM
Since Baron hasn't replied, I'm going to assume he didn't like the new spot. But I may be wra...wro...Incorrect. The old spot is pretty good. I've gone there for 3 years. It has good hills for backstops and nothing but desert for 15 miles behind them. Nice semi flat area for staging and camping across the road to the rear of the line. So we don't have to lug ammo too far, And coyotes about a mile to the rear. We could save countless mice!

BroncoBob
11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
My wife and i own a 1 year old baby boy, and yes we have an abundant supply of baby fresh baby powder. And yes, "we own him", i made him, so that makes him my property, lol.

Congrats on the new addition to your family. Kids are great they keep you young and always active. Being a grand parent I can relate to having a baby around again! Only problem our house is not baby proof......

Ghostwheel
11-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Since Baron hasn't replied, I'm going to assume he didn't like the new spot. But I may be wra...wro...Incorrect. The old spot is pretty good. I've gone there for 3 years. It has good hills for backstops and nothing but desert for 15 miles behind them. Nice semi flat area for staging and camping across the road to the rear of the line. So we don't have to lug ammo too far, And coyotes about a mile to the rear. We could save countless mice!

Maybe the zombies got Baron?

Baron
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Sorry guys I'm fighting a head cold today...

But I did check out the second spot. It's perfect and yes you guys are correct on the location... The driving wasn't as bad as what was posted above. It seemed really really compacted to me and I don't see any reason why a 2wd car couldn't make it. I never had to put my durango in 4wd and never slipped or anything.

BLM did contact us. And yes they did tell us about the need for a permit for this large of a group. They are willing to waive the permit this one time due to us not knowing about it and there wouldn't be enough time to obtain one anyways. BLM is being real cool with us. They do know about everything we are planning for this event and they have no problem with any of it. I have talked with them personally and they actually do like us out there (CALGUNS) because we take out more then we take in and do a good job cleaning the place up. Heck Sunday I took out 2 garbage bags full of old Brass and cassings, plus some old shoes others have left out there. DFG was really the one who was getting worried, but BLM has talked to them and it's all good. Like I said BLM is being really cool with us. So I feel it's only fair to consider a friendly suggestion. Plus the location had a real "end of the world feel to it... Kinda like a "Hills have Eyes" sort of feel.

Here's some pics of the Location from Sunday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09021s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09018s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09019s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09009s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09016s.jpg

I think this spot would be perfect for the shoot.
There's good backstops all the way around. There's only one way in and out, so no chances of any random person driving through the shooting lanes. Also it will be easy to set up 2 shooting courses in opposite directions at the same time... as long as we have enough RO's...
Lots of room for parking and camping

I have recieve Items for the raffle, so that's pretty cool
But if some people don't want to go to the new location and want to shoot at the usual spot it's all good, I'll return what ever doesn't get raffled off.
I'll have my 17 targets and 80 plus zombies for whoever wants to shoot.
I'll send out emails tomorrow with the exact location, but it sounds like most people already know where it's at

Right now I have to get to bed and get rid of this cold in time for this saturday. So hang tight I'll be in touch people

gadjeep
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm a strong maybe at present.

1. Me +1, both of us

2. Paper tagets, 1 or 2 target stands, various spinning, swinging, falling steel targets, small table and chairs. ez-up.

3. 1911, 1892, Mosin, 20ga, Browning 22 auto. No Tannerite.

4. Yes. Not picky and fairly capable.

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 12:23 AM
That does look like an awsome spot. The echo off the hills should be LOUD too.
How windy was it?

nagorb
11-03-2009, 12:41 AM
That looks awesome! From my dealings with the BLM they have been really cool so I think it would be a good idea to listen to their advice. And it really does look like the end of the world.

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 1:16 AM
That looks awesome! From my dealings with the BLM they have been really cool so I think it would be a good idea to listen to their advice. And it really does look like the end of the world.

Now I gotta talk diginit into going out there

nagorb
11-03-2009, 1:18 AM
Now I gotta talk diginit into going out there

DO IT!

I think I'll be able to go, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Darklyte27
11-03-2009, 7:42 AM
wow that does look nice. how far from the orig place is it?
its starting to feel like the old paintball days of scenario games. but instead with real guns haha

WeekendWarrior
11-03-2009, 9:12 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
11-03-2009, 9:13 AM
WWRTW

Baron
11-03-2009, 9:15 AM
OK PM Has been sent out to everyone who posted above... I will be checking my PM box through out today and reply as I can...

On a side note there is plenty of room for long range shooting as well, so bring your bolt actions, 308's, 50dtc, 20mm, whatever:43:

supersonic
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I MIGHT be able to make it.

1. Me & 2 others.

2. Paper targets; pumpkins/watermelons/side-of-beef, etc. to destroy.

3. Guns: AR's; AK's; Tannerite.

4. Can help with whatever is needed.

Darklyte27
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I got the PM, looks good! see everyone there

Gofasterdammit
11-03-2009, 10:13 AM
1. Myself, possibly one other.

2. Zombie targets, paper targets, what ever else I can find to shoot. EZ Up and possibly a generator.

3. Various rifles and pistols chambered in 5.56, .308, .22, 9mm, .40, and .357 SIG.

4. Sure, I can get there a little early to set up.

Baron
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Awesome...
Weekendwarrior had a good idea for the raffle
here's what we are thinking....
3 tickets for $5, 8 tickets for $10, 20 tickets for $20... Something like that
Hows that sound? All money for the Raffle will be donated to CGN/CGF 100%

Also there will be free handout gift packages for the first 20 or so people who show up
And there will be atleast 1 free CALGUNS.NET Window Sticker and bumper sticker for the first 50 people who show up.

All of these and some of the Raffle prizes are generously donated by Vick from http://gunsr4.us/

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Awesome...
Weekendwarrior had a good idea for the raffle
here's what we are thinking....
3 tickets for $5, 8 tickets for $10, 20 tickets for $20... Something like that
Hows that sound? All money for the Raffle will be donated to CGN/CGF 100%

Also there will be free handout gift packages for the first 20 or so people who show up
And there will be atleast 1 free CALGUNS.NET Window Sticker and bumper sticker for the first 50 people who show up.

All of these and some of the Raffle prizes are generously donated by Vick from http://gunsr4.us/

Don't forget receipts.....Gotta get that tax money back the Obama the theif great

Henry47
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
can i buy some 7.62x54r from anyone? I placed an order from ammoman last night but they say I wont receive it til next TUESDAY. what a bummer. Anyways, if I can buy like 200 rds from someone at panoche, that'd be great. Anyone willing to help a fellow member out? I can even reimburse you if you'd like when my shipment comes in (i'm located in san francisco)

JeffW
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Anyone want to caravan from the San Jose area? I'm planning on heading out around 8 or 9AM, to beat the rush.

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 11:55 AM
You might want to check the San Jose Gun Exchange, i'd pick up some for you but I B Po' and I don't own anything in that caliber.

tango5
11-03-2009, 2:00 PM
Got the PM with the details, im sold, this place looks sweet! I think i need to buy a pop up cover, i was going to use a tarp strung to a tree for sun shade, but there is a severe lack of trees in this area, lol. I want to get there early, see you guys on Saturday!

r08ert209cali
11-03-2009, 2:09 PM
I will find out what I will be bringing for the raffle today.

evollep3
11-03-2009, 2:41 PM
man you guys have me thinking if i should go all mall ninja out especially since we will be all over the place and carrying a ammo can is a PITA

Baron
11-03-2009, 2:45 PM
I'm bringing my mall ninja gear, but I probably won't waer it all day... it might get to hot to be a ninja all day... LOL... I'll also probably bring some shorts to change into if it get too hot... Maybe even my Borat swimsuit:D

WeekendWarrior
11-03-2009, 3:08 PM
WWRTW

bayarea1911
11-03-2009, 3:09 PM
this sounds like a great time and would love to join! as long as i can get it off from work, so for now im a MAYBE

1. 1 or 2 others

2. chairs, table, snacks (chips, soda, and the such)

3. .22, 9mm, .45, .308, 12g

4. im really good at spotting and cleaning up brass :)

r08ert209cali
11-03-2009, 4:19 PM
touch my brass lose a finger..LOL :59:

r08ert209cali
11-03-2009, 4:23 PM
mall ninja is the only way to go.when else to you get a chance to shoot in your shtf gear. Sounds like my wife wants to come so maybe plus 4 now. we will see.

nagorb
11-03-2009, 4:37 PM
Maybe even my Borat swimsuit:D
OK I was planning on going but I might have to think about it, this might turn into that group hug fiasco.

BroncoBob
11-03-2009, 5:19 PM
OK I was planning on going but I might have to think about it, this might turn into that group hug fiasco.

OH crap another group hug fiasco......... Where's Scotty?

evollep3
11-03-2009, 5:21 PM
mall ninja is the only way to go.when else to you get a chance to shoot in your shtf gear. Sounds like my wife wants to come so maybe plus 4 now. we will see.

i love that sig

bayarea1911
11-03-2009, 5:47 PM
touch my as$ lose a finger..LOL :59:

fixed for you :D

Darklyte27
11-03-2009, 6:00 PM
Would be funny if everyone was ninja style one day.

nagorb
11-03-2009, 6:13 PM
I'm going to dress up like a cool guy.

evollep3
11-03-2009, 6:15 PM
i think im just going to bring a simple pack

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Please define "mall ninja"

r08ert209cali
11-04-2009, 7:34 AM
Ok so I got my Snap-On dealer to donate one of the Streamlight Stinger flashlights with the piggyback charger and two batteries for the raffle.It is like the one pictured but silver in color. I need to get him some sort of receipt for the donation.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/v/vspfiles/photos/STL75073-2T.jpg

r08ert209cali
11-04-2009, 7:37 AM
Please define "mall ninja"

Here is a link:
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

This is a collection of the wisdom posted on the internet by a guy calling himself Gecko45. It all started back at the end of the halcyon summer of 2001, and his posts have created a certain urban legend that many refer to as the Mall Ninja. Hang out at any gun shop, gun show or shooting match and you’ll see one of these guys; you might even see a group of them since they are known to associate in the wild.

The Mall Ninja is easily distinguished by an abundance of “tactical” gear, such as fatigues, a thigh holster (with, of course, a Glock), combat boots, bandolier and other accouterments that you’d usually only see on a SWAT operative. Median age is usually 19-25, and they tend to boast about their various exploits with certain Special Forces units, all of which they’re too young and idiotic to have joined (real Special Forces types don’t brag). They typically have opinions on everything, regardless of expertise, they are uniformly poor shots, and they tend to exhibit a frightening lack of safety training.

The shadowy and shrill figure known as Gecko45 is the holy Dalai Lama of these dolts, but trust me, there are more. Many, many more.

Anyhow, I went looking for the original GlockTalk thread, and I found that it’s no longer archived. For a time, it was mirrored at mallninja.com, but sadly, the site is now down. Luckily, I had a copy of the thread cached (as well as a great one from the HK91 forum), so I figured I’d post it here. I’ve only kept Gecko’s posts (with one hilarious exception), since I don’t have permission from the folks who responded to him, but needless to say, he got grilled. A few folks even played along to get a rise out of him.

All in all, good fun. I’ve added emphasis to the parts that deserve particular attention, and a bit of commentary in italics. I’ve left all spelling and grammatical errors intact, painful as they may be.

So, without further ado:

“Am I being careful enough?” from GlockTalk

Gecko45 writes:

hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

WeekendWarrior
11-04-2009, 9:06 AM
WWRTW

Baron
11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
yesterday I bought a roll of orange construction tape so we can mark out the shooting lanes and firing lines... now I just gotta find some raffle tickets

evollep3
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
yesterday I bought a roll of orange construction tape so we can mark out the shooting lanes and firing lines... now I just gotta find some raffle tickets

i got that~!

evollep3
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Ok so I got my Snap-On dealer to donate one of the Streamlight Stinger flashlights with the piggyback charger and two batteries for the raffle.It is like the one pictured but silver in color. I need to get him some sort of receipt for the donation.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/v/vspfiles/photos/STL75073-2T.jpg

aww man i hope i get that!!!!!!!

WeekendWarrior
11-04-2009, 11:22 AM
WWRTW

TurboAR
11-04-2009, 11:25 AM
You can buy a receipt pad/book at office depot. Very basic looking.

Jel
11-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Can I just mention that if you are looking for targets on the cheap, you can pretty much pick up pumpkins at most supermarkets for around $1 each. Add to the fact that since they are organic you can pretty much leave the clean up to the critters. If they only weren't so heavy and take up so much space I'd be bringing more. I have 3 in the trunk right now and I might pick up more if we can swing it.

evollep3
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Jel if you can pick up 20 of them i will give you the cash for it on saturday for $1 each

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Mall ninja.....ah yes....this Gecko 45 jack azz i've read this guys stuff before...........wait

wait.......:ninja::rofl2::rofl2:

Ok guys, i'm bringing a set of radios so when were down range we'll have active comms with the firing line. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

WeekendWarrior
11-04-2009, 12:46 PM
WWRTW

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
What type of Radios do you have, I have a set of Motorola, could bring those as well.

Pmpkins - All my super markets are out of them - Found a few straggler at a pumpkin patch that was shutting down.

Motorola GT5000.

WeekendWarrior
11-04-2009, 1:02 PM
WWRTW

BroncoBob
11-04-2009, 1:30 PM
Can I just mention that if you are looking for targets on the cheap, you can pretty much pick up pumpkins at most supermarkets for around $1 each. Add to the fact that since they are organic you can pretty much leave the clean up to the critters. If they only weren't so heavy and take up so much space I'd be bringing more. I have 3 in the trunk right now and I might pick up more if we can swing it.

You can even go around your neighborhood and ask your neighbors if they would like you to get rid of their pumpkins for them.

WeekendWarrior
11-04-2009, 2:42 PM
WWRTW

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 3:10 PM
I gotta question.....is it mall ninja if you have actual body armor but you don't duct tape SAPI plates to your back?
How much would it suck to be a bad mall ninja? Thats like going to a whore house and NOT getting laid.

Jel
11-04-2009, 3:23 PM
Jel if you can pick up 20 of them i will give you the cash for it on saturday for $1 each

Not sure we'll have the space for it. They are pretty big and 20 would take up quite a bit.

I'll be riding with my buddy in his Cherokee and we were packed to the gills last time. (sometimes I end up bringing everything except the kitchen sink) :)

Hmmm....maybe I'll rent a trailer and we can haul a bunch...more....

I'll let you know...I don't know if my buddies truck has a hitch.

Oh and in case anyone is in my neck of the woods, the Pak-n-Save off of Westborough and Gellert had 2 pallets of them.

diginit
11-04-2009, 6:31 PM
Too bad kevlar is is monitored to the point of being illegal, We just can't protect ourselves nowadays..... I'll bring some fire wood and a fire permit. We could use some more wood. Don't forget the extinguishers and shovels, For 2 reasons.

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 6:37 PM
Too bad kevlar is is monitored to the point of being illegal, We just can't protect ourselves nowadays..... I'll bring some fire wood and a fire permit. We could use some more wood. Don't forget the extinguishers and shovels, For 2 reasons.

Ahhh it's not James. I'm bringing my vest. I'll find the shovel and my fire bottle.

I can take you down to LC and they'll sell you a vest.

evollep3
11-04-2009, 6:39 PM
Ahhh it's not James. I'm bringing my vest. I'll find the shovel and my fire bottle.

im curious how much are they?

FC2 SW/AW
11-04-2009, 6:50 PM
1) 1
2) Plinking resetting targets, clay pigeons, pumpkins
3)AR15 (5.56 and 22LR), Rem 870 and Tannerite
4)Not sure what I can do to help but I'm sure I can help once there.

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 7:23 PM
im curious how much are they?

How much do you want to spend? You can go from 350 up to over 1K.
The cheaper the heavier the vest and bulkier. You get into the expensive stuff and they are way lighter and breathe really well.
Mine was 600$ and rides in a carrier. It's a IIIa rating. If you buy armor make sure it's NIJ rated.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/001-6.jpg

diginit
11-04-2009, 7:49 PM

Actually , it is, I was talking kevlar panels to be taped on our backs. Gangbangers have been lining their car doors with it for a while and it is regulated. Who Knew?

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 7:59 PM
Actually , it is, I was talking kevlar panels to be taped on our backs. Gangbangers have been lining their car doors with it for a while and it is regulated. Who Knew?

How much do you need?

I contacted a company about getting some and they said it wasn't a problem. When I was looking at houses I didn't have the money to get into a "nice" nieghborhood so I was gonna line the out sidewalls and ceiling. also looking into acryllic windows.
Non of that stuff was an issue. No permits no licenses. Just state purpose and it's all good. The lacy was really understanding. m=Maybe I worry too much but my kids are important to me.

diginit
11-04-2009, 8:51 PM
How much? Enough to cover my front, back, and middle.

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 8:54 PM
How much? Enough to cover my front, back, and middle.

You could just buy a vest, get a carrier and order SAPI's for it. Your pretty skinny you could probably get into level 4 full coverage under 1k
I have more real estate to cover so my cost will be higher.

evollep3
11-04-2009, 9:35 PM
good news guys one of the Ammo Vendors will be joining us Saturday and he will be bring TONS of ammo for sale if needed and he will also be donating to CGF and i told him someone is looking for 7.62x54 and he said he will be bring at least 1k with him

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
good news guys one of the Ammo Vendors will be joining us Saturday and he will be bring TONS of ammo for sale if needed and he will also be donating to CGF and i told him someone is looking for 7.62x54 and he said he will be bring at least 1k with him

Ammo vendor?

WTF

evollep3
11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
thats what i said

Baron
11-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Awesome man... Pure awesomness
:cool:

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Awesome man... Pure awesomness
:cool:

No that would be Megan Fox waiting in my bed.......

evollep3
11-04-2009, 11:35 PM
im going to have to agree with you one that one :43:

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-04-2009, 11:46 PM

Why? She probably took a **** and didn't wipe.

evollep3
11-04-2009, 11:55 PM

now ask me if i care i have 2 words dirty sanchez! :43:

SJgunguy24
11-05-2009, 12:40 AM

And......

r08ert209cali
11-05-2009, 6:45 AM
all we need now is a radio station to show up LOL...

Baron
11-05-2009, 1:49 PM
just one more day and a hand full of hours.... Can you tell I'm excited... LOL

Last night I started mounting the zombie targets one their cardboard backing.
Looks like I have enough cardboard for 34+ targets... so with 17 stands for them to fit into, it shouldn't take too long to change out ruined targets.
These are gona be head shot only targtes, so the first 17 should actually last a while... In theory at least. But I still have another 60 something Zombie targets without cardboard backing.. plus with what everyone is bringing we should have more then enough

Also I will be putting a video together after all the smoke clears and zombies are dropped. I have almost everything I need for the intro... the only thing left are some final shots and of course everyone blasting away.
I think what I'll do is anyone who wants a copy of the video, I'll have you write down your address and name at the begining of the shoot. That way I can mail it to you after I get it all edited and put together. Also if you don't want to be filmed, just let me know at the begining of the shoot. If you want your name in the credits of the video I can do that too...

In case I've cornfused you, Here's last years video I put together.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_-Hhumq_E

This year it's gonna be truely EPIC...LOL

Jel
11-05-2009, 1:57 PM

Can we get a break down on costs for the ammo?

I would like to find out if I need to buy more before I leave or just buy some from him.

Thanks!

evollep3
11-05-2009, 2:28 PM
i will find out i will be calling him later today please let me know what rounds you are looking for

Jel
11-05-2009, 3:46 PM
i will find out i will be calling him later today please let me know what rounds you are looking for

For me, just .223 and possibly 00 Buck for the pumpkins. :D

tango5
11-05-2009, 3:55 PM
I could go for a few boxes or so of 12ga 00buck as well.

r08ert209cali
11-05-2009, 4:49 PM
my buddy needs 9mm.

evollep3
11-05-2009, 4:58 PM
no shotgun rounds 9mm i know for sure he is bring

KaHuNaZ
11-05-2009, 5:29 PM
I sure hope it doesnt rain!

BroncoBob
11-05-2009, 5:32 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

diginit
11-05-2009, 5:35 PM
Wallmart in milpitas has oo buck for 11 for 15 rnds. 2 3/4" 12 ga.

evollep3
11-05-2009, 5:45 PM

partly cloudy! Friday through Sunday why are you trying to scare everyone lol

Jel
11-05-2009, 5:49 PM

What is this rain you speak of? :confused:

KaHuNaZ
11-05-2009, 5:50 PM
my bad. Its pretty cloudy out right now, so It kinda scared me as well. Didnt get to check the weather forecast though.

evollep3
What is this rain you speak of? :confused:

of LEAD!!!!! MUAHAHAHHAHAA>...............................:43:

diginit
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Northwest wind between 8 and 13 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.

Jel
11-05-2009, 6:11 PM
of LEAD!!!!! MUAHAHAHHAHAA>...............................:43:

What is this LEAD you speak of? :D

KaHuNaZ
11-05-2009, 6:17 PM
its going to rain lead, pumpkin juice, and zombie confetti

evollep3
11-05-2009, 6:18 PM
its going to rain lead, pumpkin juice, and zombie confetti

that will explain why it would be cloudy as well lol :43:

Smuggled_Rice
11-05-2009, 8:22 PM
Cloudy with a chance of pumpkins. Perfect weather for pumpkin seed gazing.

SJgunguy24
11-05-2009, 9:58 PM
Hey I figure if we get enough Tannerite going the mushroom cloud will clear out any inclement weather within a 2 mile radius.

diginit
11-05-2009, 10:07 PM
I hope some has some strong containers that will hold a couple of lbs of T.
We could put together a nice big charge. The Korean missle launch was great. Anyone have a car they don't want to drive back?

knucklehead 61
11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I hope some has some strong containers that will hold a couple of lbs of T.
We could put together a nice big charge. The Korean missle launch was great. Anyone have a car they don't want to drive back?

wait till you guys see what i have in store for my grand finally this time :43::43::43:

BroncoBob
11-05-2009, 10:14 PM
wait till you guys see what i have in store for my grand finally this time :43::43::43:

Crap, and I won't be there...............

diginit
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
A note to anyone planning on a launch. Place the charge to the front of the object. The bullet will push the charge back to center and launch it straight up or away from the line. Depending on the charge, distance and projectile weight and shape. Any charge placed directly under the center will result in the object heading towards the line. We don't want that. If you have any questions, Please ask a pyro tech. before launch.

diginit
11-05-2009, 10:27 PM

Got a Harley you're tired of working on? Or is it a Honda....In that case, I don't blame you. Going to launch your mother in law? :D Just Kidding! I really don't know if you get along or not. But I have an extra chair.
Give us a hint....We already know that bowling balls just disintegrate.

SJgunguy24
11-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Got a Harley you're tired of working on? Or is it a Honda....In that case, I don't blame you. Going to launch your mother in law? :D Just Kidding! I really don't know if you get along or not. But I have an extra chair.
Give us a hint....We already know that bowling balls just disintegrate.

Does Tim know the new spot?

diginit
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure..
HEY TIM, DO YOU KNOW THE NEW SPOT?
hope he hears me.

SJgunguy24
11-05-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure..
HEY TIM, DO YOU KNOW THE NEW SPOT?
hope he hears me.

I'll give him a call tomarrow.

knucklehead 61
11-06-2009, 6:26 AM
thanks guys, i know the new spot.
i'll put it back farther this time since i still want maximum vertical distance.

bronco bob...don't fret, i am SURE there will be someone taking video of it!

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 7:23 AM
tic tock almost there. I wish I had a decent red dot,eotech or aimpoint for this trip. all well I will just have to use my cheap tasco junk I bought today.

Darklyte27
11-06-2009, 7:31 AM
you bought a sight this early in the morning?

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 7:35 AM
wal mart. technically last night but I work nights so still today for me LOL

WeekendWarrior
11-06-2009, 7:53 AM
WWRTW

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 7:58 AM
I should load some more .45 ammo but I feel lazy.

Henry47
11-06-2009, 12:20 PM
so i put the location into google maps from my location and it's telling me that I need to take an alternate route besides the 5. if im coming from reed's indoor range, how do I get to the 5?

Henry47
11-06-2009, 12:24 PM
btw, i wont need an SUV/truck to get there, correct? I have a civic, is that ok?

WeekendWarrior
11-06-2009, 12:55 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
11-06-2009, 12:57 PM
WWRTW

Baron
11-06-2009, 1:08 PM
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW

Ok I know people have been getting worried about getting bored watching other run the course.
We are gonna try our best to stream line the target changing and running of the course...

Here's a rough schedule we've come up with:
- morning to 2:00pm Zombie 3 gun course
- 2pm to 4pm Tannerite/general open shoot
- 4PM Raffle
- after raffle will be open to tannerite and general shooting
- once sun goes down no more tannerite please
During the Zombie course we'll have an area for general shooting for those who either don't want to run the course or who have to wait their turn

First...
We've decided to have the Zombie Course open till 2PM. After 2PM we'll close the zombie target course to allow Tannerite and general shooting for the rest of the evening. If everyone who wants to run the course, has ran it before 2PM, we'll close it down early and open the area for tannerite and general shooting... And likewise if people haven't ran it and everyone agrees, we'll keep it open till everyone has had a chance to run it... But just plan on it closing at 2:00...
- 1st stage of the course (6 targets) will be for Shotguns and/or Pistols
- 2nd stage (6 targets) will be for Shotguns and/or rifles
- 3rd stage (5 targets) will be rifles
We are thinking of limiting it to 4 shots per target to speed up the course. If you can't drop the zombie in 4 shot you should probably be running away anyways...LOL.
We will do the course in groups of 10 people, first to show first to run. That group of 10 people will be required to help change and reset the targets for each shooter. This is a free Shoot with alot of people, so everyone needs to help out to keep things run smoothly and as quickley as possible while still maintaining as much saftey as possible...
Once the group of 10 is done, we'll clean up the brass and shells and let the next group run it...

Second....
During the Zombie course we ask anyone who is shooting in the general shoot not to use any tannerite. Reason is people shooting on the course will have their back to the general shooting area. While there will be RO's on each range (At least 2 RO's per area) I have saftey concerns about objects being flown or more likely blown into the air while my back is to it. So please no Tannerite till after 2PM and the zombie course it closed and we are all on the same firing line.

Third....
Raffle will be a 4PM because we hope everyone will be there by then.

Here's the Layout we are looking at using... It may not be exactly like this, but roughly this is how we are thinking of setting it up

-Red box will be the parking area
-Green is the General shoot area till 2PM
This is the layout till 2PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Zombies/ZSF09004a.jpg

After 2PM here's how it will change...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Zombies/ZSF09004b.jpg

With everyones help we should be able to get everyone through the course and open up the canyon for tannerite and target shooting quickly

IF you still need directions to the Location send me a pm... I'll be checking it all tonight.

I'll see Y'all on saturday... Thar be Zombies in dem Hillz

WeekendWarrior
11-06-2009, 2:10 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
11-06-2009, 2:13 PM
WWRTW

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 6:07 PM
hey. need not be present for the raffle right. I may have to bug out before 4.

nagorb
11-06-2009, 6:10 PM
you MUST be there for the raffle.

Jel
11-06-2009, 6:15 PM
IMPORTANT MESSAGE - PLEASE FIND ONE OF THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOOT WHEN YOU GET THERE TO CHECK IN, GET YOUR NAME ON THE LIST, AND FILL OUT A LIABILITY FORM!

Thank you for your cooperation!

Liability forms are only to protect the organizers in case you pull a :TFH: moment.

Are you guys going to have people wear name tags? I'm thinking forum name on top and real name (if wanted) below. I'm terrible at remembering names.

Jel
11-06-2009, 6:17 PM
so i put the location into google maps from my location and it's telling me that I need to take an alternate route besides the 5. if im coming from reed's indoor range, how do I get to the 5?

Henry,

Take 101 S and then take 152 heading east to the 5. Head south on 5 and follow the directions from there.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else.

doughboy334
11-06-2009, 6:17 PM
everybody be safe i'm going to sit this one out!

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 6:27 PM
you MUST be there for the raffle.

:eek:that sucks:eek:

SJgunguy24
11-06-2009, 6:28 PM
Rob, you won the flashlight:D

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 6:39 PM
Rob, you won the flashlight:D

LOL I already have 5 of them but.

BroncoBob
11-06-2009, 6:40 PM
Are you guys going to have people wear name tags? I'm thinking forum name on top and real name (if wanted) below. I'm terrible at remembering names.

Something like these like I made up for all the Pinata Shoots?
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/MVC-022S-2.jpg

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 6:41 PM
Plan on leaving my house around 5 5:30 should be there around 7ish.

evollep3
11-06-2009, 6:43 PM
LOL I already have 5 of them but.

trade? lol

r08ert209cali
11-06-2009, 6:46 PM
trade? lol

What time are you coming home? My ride is leaving early and I dont feel like driving.

tango5
11-06-2009, 6:50 PM
Anyone from the east bay area wanna help us out? We have two, 5.5 foot double target stands that take up a lot of room in my Yukon.
If anyone from the east bay area wants to help us out, if you have a truck we can toss them in, it would greatly be appreciated. Im concerned with the gear we are taking and the room inside.

diginit
11-06-2009, 6:53 PM
Parking area? No tannerite after dark? WTF. Have you ever been to a Panoche shoot?

tango5
11-06-2009, 6:55 PM
Parking area? No tannerite after dark? WTF. Have you ever been to a Panoche shoot?

I saw the photos and the outlines for the ranges before 2pm, but what is the distance from the parking lot to those separate ranges? I have a lot of gear im bringing, and i dont want to lug it all around from each place we want to shoot at. Im going to relax and shoot, not hike hills and carry tables, 5 guns, chairs, cooler etc....

diginit
11-06-2009, 7:18 PM
I'm wondering if the OP has ever shot anywhere other than a range. This is BLM. We usually back the trucks up to the line, Unload and set up at the tailgate. A set schedule for shooting???? I don't see the necessity for a waiver either. We couldn't sue the landowners. It is public land, Not private.
I think I'll check it out for a while and then find a good spot to camp, Shoot tannerite in the dark, and enjoy a bonfire. Then shoot some more.
I have shot with alot of people here. Ever see me do anything unsafe?

SJgunguy24
11-06-2009, 7:24 PM
I'm wondering if the OP has ever shot anywhere other than a range. This is BLM. We usually back the trucks up to the line, Unload and set up at the tailgate. A set schedule for shooting???? I don't see the necessity for a waiver either. We couldn't sue the landowners. It is public land, Not private.
I think I'll check it out for a while and then find a good spot to camp, Shoot tannerite in the dark, and enjoy a bonfire. Then shoot some more.

Safe is a 4 letter word. Like he said though, it's BLM and we back up, unload and blast away.

Everything is going the same direction. We call cease fire and all the rifles hit the tables with a couple to hang back and keep an eye on everything. Most that head downrange have loaded side arms.

BroncoBob
11-06-2009, 7:25 PM

Nope, been up there several times with you. In fact the only time you didn't show was at the last clean up.

SJgunguy24
11-06-2009, 7:30 PM

Nope, been up there several times with you. In fact the only time you didn't show was at the last clean up.

Oh yeah, i'm bringing a roll of heavy duty garbage bags. They double as rain panchos.

tango5
11-06-2009, 7:32 PM
Obviously we have a conflict of interest on how this is all going down. I agree, i would be more comfortable if i had my truck backed up near the firing line, set up my table and chairs and all my gear either in the back of the truck, or on the table or ground all next to me. I dont want to be making trips back and forth from the truck to the line all day long every time i need something. And to be honest, we are in the middle of no where, i dont want to leave my guns open to the public in my truck for anyone to get their sticky hands on. I suggest we do a V like pattern, people shooting in either direction at a 90 degree firing range. People who want to shoot 3 gun or do a waking lane of shooting on one side, and the guys who just want to shoot at what ever distance shoot on the other side. No time limits of what range will be open or what ever. We are all responsible adults, and im sure some of us will also help with the safety and help on both side, like i said, just a suggestions, makes it fun for everyone to do their own thing.

SJgunguy24
11-06-2009, 7:42 PM
I know I for one plan on hiking around a bit. I'm bringing radios and someone else said they had Motarola radios also. So thats a way everybody can keep in touch.
Personally I think pics of whatever Tim has in mind would be cool from different points of view.

diginit
11-06-2009, 8:02 PM

I missed 3 in the past 3 years, But I was at the cleanup the year before. It's on my photobucket. i don't remember seeing you there...;) I was making OT on the last cleanup, I couldn't say no to 45 bucks an hour for any reason.

Anyways, I don't launch at night, That would be stupid since you couldn't see the launch anyways. :TFH: But I like to shoot T after dark. With a glow stick on top.

SJgunguy24
11-06-2009, 8:05 PM
[quote=BroncoBob;3326311]

I missed 3 in the past 3 years, But I was at the cleanup the year before. It's on my photobucket. i don't remember seeing you there...;) I was making OT on the last cleanup, I couldn't say no to 45 bucks an hour for any reason.

Anyways, I don't launch at night, That would be stupid since you couldn't see the launch anyways. :TFH: But I like to shoot T after dark. With a glow stick on top.

Bring a helmet, I am.

BroncoBob
11-06-2009, 8:08 PM
[quote=BroncoBob;3326311]

Yeah I couldn't pass up 45 bucks an hour either.

Darklyte27
11-06-2009, 8:16 PM
see yall tomorrow

TurboAR
11-06-2009, 8:17 PM
Obviously we have a conflict of interest on how this is all going down. I agree, i would be more comfortable if i had my truck backed up near the firing line, set up my table and chairs and all my gear either in the back of the truck, or on the table or ground all next to me. I dont want to be making trips back and forth from the truck to the line all day long every time i need something. And to be honest, we are in the middle of no where, i dont want to leave my guns open to the public in my truck for anyone to get their sticky hands on. I suggest we do a V like pattern, people shooting in either direction at a 90 degree firing range. People who want to shoot 3 gun or do a waking lane of shooting on one side, and the guys who just want to shoot at what ever distance shoot on the other side. No time limits of what range will be open or what ever. We are all responsible adults, and im sure some of us will also help with the safety and help on both side, like i said, just a suggestions, makes it fun for everyone to do their own thing.
I like this set-up. i would also like to have my car next to where i shoot. Walking back and forth to the car can get old.

diginit
11-06-2009, 8:25 PM
[quote=diginit;3326470]

Bring a helmet, I am.

OK I'll bring my helmet. It feels neglected sitting in the closet anyways. It hasn't been used for bathing or cooking for a long time. :D
We should tape some glowsticks to the projectile. Maybe we should launch a flashlight. ;)

evollep3
11-06-2009, 8:34 PM
rob
PM inbound