PDA

View Full Version : Here's a test for you legal eagles:

superjc
10-21-2009, 6:43 PM
Is this single-fire .308 rifle just too unique and badass-looking to be california legal? Let's hear it:

http://www.autoweapons.com/photosn/photosfeb04/dd1-48rpg.html

"NOW AVAILABLE - RPG7 TRAINING ROCKET.... THESE ARE LIVE FIRING RPG7 TRAINERS MADE BY THE CZ GOVT ARSENAL.... THESE ROCKETS ARE LIVE FIRING WEAPONS WHICH USE A 7.62x39mm CARTRIDGE TO SIMULATE THE FIRING OF AN RPG.... THE TRAINER ROCKET IS A FIREARM BY ITSELF, NEEDING TO BE SHIPPED TO AN FFL AS A STANDARD FIREARM... TO OPERATE THIS TRAINER UNIT, UNLOCK THE ROCKET, COCK IT AND PLACE A 7.62x39mm ROUND IN THE CHAMBER....(ANY TYPE OF 7.62x39mm CARTRIDGE WILL FUNCTION - BLANK, LIVE BALL, TRACER OR INCENDIARY ROUND WILL WORK) ROCKET IS THEN SLID INTO THE RPG LAUNCHER, LAUNCHER IS THEN COCKED, AIMED THROUGH SITES OR OPTICS AND FIRED LIKE ANY OTHER FIREARM (IN A SAFE DOWN RANGE MANNER)... ROCKETS CAN BE USED OVER AND OVER BY JUST ADDING 7.62x39mm AMMO... THESE TRAINER ROCKETS HAVE BEEN LONG AWAITED TO BE IMPORTED INTO THE USA.... THE ROCKETS WILL ADD MUCH TO OWNING A RPG D.D. WEAPON.... THIS IS A SUPER ITEM WHETHER YOU HAVE A LIVE RPG, DEWAT OR A WEAPONS/AMMUNITION COLLECTION OF ANY TYPE.... AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SET OF THREE SHIPPED IN ORIGINAL CZ MILITARY TRANSIT CASE"[/I]

GrizzlyGuy
10-21-2009, 6:47 PM
It's apparently not semi-automatic so the 'no evil features' restrictions don't apply. What is its overall length and length of the barrel?

bigstick61
10-21-2009, 6:53 PM
Would these even be usable by someone who does not have a functional RPG launcher?

Ruiner
10-21-2009, 6:54 PM
It's the shoulder thing that goes up!!! :eek:

Would be neat if we could have it. However, that thing would be kinda pointless without tracer ammo :<

professorhard
10-21-2009, 6:59 PM
Would these even be usable by someone who does not have a functional RPG launcher?

Yea aren't these useless without the launcher?

Ruiner
10-21-2009, 7:01 PM
Yea aren't these useless without the launcher?

Actually yes it would. I thought it came as a whole unit that only fires 7.62. Looks like you need a working launcher to use it.

superjc
10-21-2009, 7:13 PM
If the OAL is good, I can't see why not, it seems like a single-shot, breech-loading centerfire rifle. Plus it would look great hanging on my wall...

Ruiner
10-21-2009, 7:35 PM
If the OAL is good, I can't see why not, it seems like a single-shot, breech-loading centerfire rifle. Plus it would look great hanging on my wall...

The launcher is a DD..

timdps
10-21-2009, 7:36 PM
These show up on Gunbroker regularly:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=143282314

Used by the Czech military as a training aid to simulate firing a rocket propelled grenade using 7.62x39 ammunition. Features blued-steel construction with a rifled barrel, bolt assembly, knurled grips and yellow rocket head. The push-button type trigger assembly is designed to be fired while inside the RPG launcher itself (launcher not included or available), but it can be fired manually by depressing a small lever and pressing a recessed button in the rocket body. Good to very good condition. OAL 35". FFL Req'd. [QUOTE]

This seller (Numrich) does not sell them to CA for some reason.

[QUOTE=superjc;3250444]If the OAL is good, I can't see why not, it seems like a single-shot, breech-loading centerfire rifle. Plus it would look great hanging on my wall...

By itself its not even a rifle, just a single shot long gun. It might turn into a rifle if you put it into an RPG7, but since all of the demilled RPG7s have the firing pin removed and the FP hole welded up, you would not be able to shoot it from the RPG tube.

tim

superjc
10-21-2009, 8:02 PM
Oh so this piece for sale is just the ADAPTOR... damn I knew that was too good to be true... I guess I'd have to settle for the painted rubber hollywood prop :(

timdps
10-21-2009, 8:10 PM
Oh so this piece for sale is just the ADAPTOR... damn I knew that was too good to be true... I guess I'd have to settle for the painted rubber hollywood prop :(

Not sure I would call it just an adapter. It is a 7.62x39 firearm in its own right, without the RPG and must transfer through an FFL.

Tim