PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from the ATF

trever1t
05-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Telling me that my application for C&R has cleared the checks in Georgia and now goes to Fresno for final processing.
Is this standard procedure, going from federal to local ATF?
I have been waiting 80+ days already, getting anxious to get my license!

trever1t
05-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Telling me that my application for C&R has cleared the checks in Georgia and now goes to Fresno for final processing.
Is this standard procedure, going from federal to local ATF?
I have been waiting 80+ days already, getting anxious to get my license!

imported_Telpierion
05-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Waiting for your C&R is a rite of passage for all collectors. To top it off you will probably get the packet with your books a day or so before the blue envelope. I think they do that just to make you suffer.

Rumpled
05-10-2005, 1:53 PM
Wow, the ATF never called me. Mine only took two weeks altogether last year. I always wonder what makes them take longer.

trever1t
05-10-2005, 2:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rumpled:
Wow, the ATF never called me. Mine only took two weeks altogether last year. I always wonder what makes them take longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, i've been leaving messages on their machine for like a week LOL. I was hoping the squeeky wheel would get oiled faster!
At least its in process now!

stealthmode
05-10-2005, 2:55 PM
they never called me either i had to call them to find out that they had already mailed it to me that day, yeah right.

maxicon
05-10-2005, 7:19 PM
They never called me either. I recently renewed, and same thing - it just showed up in the mail one day.

stator
05-11-2005, 7:21 AM
I recieved a similar call as well. I suspect that ATF is performing a very simple check on the accuracy of the application and applicant, randomly.