PDA

View Full Version : Selling guns and buying weed!!!

blackrifle242
10-21-2009, 4:53 PM
Well in our current times, it is easier to legally buy weed than it is to parctice our constitutional right. You don't need a CCW permit (carry concealed weed)to have it in your pocket. So with that said I can't seem to understand why the leading causes of violence (i.e. alcohol and drugs) are not taken more seriously. I would love to know what the % of violent crimes in Ca are related to alcohol and drugs. I would have to guess that it would be up to almost 95%. I am currently involved in a attemped murder case where a drunk man drove his suburban into a friend of mine and then aimed for me. Also as this driver drove off, he pushed a female passenger out of the SUV at 40 MPH. When the cops caught up to him, he tried to run them down also. This case has been dragging on for over 3 years. I Don't get it. I guess most of the Kalifornia elected officials love their booze and weed.

bigcalidave
10-21-2009, 5:00 PM
When stoned out of your mind, the laws they pass make sense!

maschronic
10-21-2009, 5:01 PM
MAS CHRONIC!!! :)

Beelzy
10-21-2009, 5:04 PM
Yeah, but folks will always look at you funny because of the Skunk Smell.

thatrogue
10-21-2009, 5:11 PM
I invite the change more base-heads means less competition

Legasat
10-21-2009, 5:18 PM
Guns are EVIL.

Alcohol & Drugs are problems with poor misunderstood people with tragic childhoods. ;)

blackrifle242
10-21-2009, 5:21 PM
Group buy on bongs. anyone?

7x57
10-21-2009, 5:29 PM
What's the OLL (Off List LSD) situation?

7x57

Mike d'Ocla
10-21-2009, 5:29 PM
There is a connection between public policy regarding firearms and policy regarding drugs. Underlying past and current policy in both areas is the notion that legal prohibition is effective.

Prohibition doesn't work. Remember "Prohibition." Or try to remember the little bit of history you may have read.

Reasonable restrictions on firearms and on recreational drugs can both limit harm to citizens at large and can also satisfy the political demands of a large portion of the public.

Legasat
10-21-2009, 5:49 PM
Reasonable restrictions on firearms and on recreational drugs can both limit harm to citizens at large and can also satisfy the political demands of a large portion of the public.

Reasonable? You think what we have right now is "reasonable"??? :eek:

sevensix2x51
10-21-2009, 6:04 PM
There is a connection between public policy regarding firearms and policy regarding drugs. Underlying past and current policy in both areas is the notion that legal prohibition is effective.

Prohibition doesn't work. Remember "Prohibition." Or try to remember the little bit of history you may have read.

who's this guy? :rolleyes:

the guy across the street from me is a meth addict, and has been squatting in his dead parents' home for 5 years. the police cant move him, even when he goes outside with no pants on, or screams at people that arent there, in the middle of the road. his brother, the legal owner of the house, is unable to sell, and is forced to pay the property tax on the home every year, and likely a mortgage.
i cant have the magazines that heckler and koch designed to be put in my COMPACT handgun. because they take 2 too many cartridges.
please reiterate your point. i didnt get it the first time.

thefurball
10-21-2009, 6:13 PM
... Reasonable restrictions on firearms and on recreational drugs can both limit harm to citizens at large and can also satisfy the political demands of a large portion of the public.

I seem to recall an amendment to the US Constitution, the 2nd I believe, that guarantees my right to keep and bear arms without any nod whatsoever from the government, be it state or federal.

Any restriction placed on that right by the government is therefore by definition unreasonable.

I don't recall any such amendments as far as 'recreational drugs' go.

Perhaps they were just too stoned to remember to put one in dude. :sarcasm:

nicki
10-21-2009, 7:31 PM
When buying something illegal (Pot), the dealer isn't worried about things like laws, hell, the fact that something is illegal cuts competition and allows him to make more money.

As long as you got the money, he's got the products.

Now the only reason you have problems with buying legal guns is because you are obeying the laws.

If you were buying illegal guns like machineguns, rocket launchers, you wouldn't have to worry about things like background checks, fingerprints etc.

From what some Oakland cops told me the going rate for a full auto AK or MAC 10 is about 1K btw.

Nicki

7x57
10-21-2009, 7:33 PM
From what some Oakland cops told me the going rate for a full auto AK or MAC 10 is about 1K btw.

I heard 7-800. I guess inflation hits everybody.

7x57

KylaGWolf
10-21-2009, 8:16 PM
Eh to me pot isn't any good. I am deadly allergic to the stuff. I really hate when we go out for a walk and end up having to fight to keep my airway open. As a matter of fact happened tonight at the farmers market. So my night totally was ruined. Not to mention our lives got turned upside down due to the crazy neighbor that is also a meth head. Finally managed to get him evicted but he still freaking hangs around and still causes problems.

I have to agree that they should worry more about the things such as drug and alcohol than messing with our 2A rights.

dantodd
10-21-2009, 8:25 PM
I seem to recall an amendment to the US Constitution, the 2nd I believe, that guarantees my right to keep and bear arms without any nod whatsoever from the government, be it state or federal.

Not until middle of next year at the earliest. This right does not legally exist in California.

Any restriction placed on that right by the government is therefore by definition unreasonable.

Simply not true. There a no absolute rights. First amendment? You can't broadcast radio waves (above a very limited signal) without a proper license. You can't hold a rally in many places without a permit. You can't create a new religion that requires the ingestion of illegal items.

nicki
10-21-2009, 9:46 PM
Originally Posted by nicki

I heard 7-800. I guess inflation hits everybody.

Depends, we could be dealing with DEFLATION if there is market saturation on full autos. Of course you are in southern cal, so maybe things are cheaper.

Nicki

blackrifle242
10-21-2009, 9:57 PM
We really need to look at the cause of our problems and not just start making laws on a hunch. California has one of the largest population of Domestic Terrorist in the country (Gang Memebers and illegals). I would consider them to be enemy combatants and threat them as such. They are our violence and drug problem. I don't beleive that the laws set forth on us restrict the purchase or use of firearms in a criminal setting. My pistol grip has to my knowledge never killed anyone. My bayonet lug has never help a bayonet. My flash hider has never really hid the flash. All my vertical grip does is stay vertical. And if an assualt rifle is called such because of the true definition of assualt than I have an assualt knife, pencil, scissors, shoe, finger nail, that deadly pinky move........... Oh and Mike D' Ocla, you know this is not the brady campaign website right..... we actually love firearms here!!!!

7x57
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Depends, we could be dealing with DEFLATION if there is market saturation on full autos.

But...but...they're "tough on gun crime." How could that possibly happen, with such tough law enforcement? How? How? :rolleyes:

Of course you are in southern cal, so maybe things are cheaper.

I guess criminals have to deal with that high Bay Area cost of living somehow.

But...it's *Oakland*...how can the cost of living be high in Oakland? Don't they have to pay you just to live there? :eek:

To be serious, it's most likely that my information was inaccurate or outdated.

7x57

tiki
10-22-2009, 6:30 AM
When stoned out of your mind, the laws they pass make sense!

No, not even then, my friend.

paratroop
10-22-2009, 7:22 AM
drugs are bad, m'kay

Digital_Boy
10-22-2009, 9:08 AM
Yeah, but folks will always look at you funny because of the Skunk Smell.

That is what edibles are for. :eek:

MasterYong
10-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Well in our current times, it is easier to legally buy weed than it is to parctice our constitutional right. You don't need a CCW permit (carry concealed weed)to have it in your pocket. So with that said I can't seem to understand why the leading causes of violence (i.e. alcohol and drugs) are not taken more seriously. I would love to know what the % of violent crimes in Ca are related to alcohol and drugs. I would have to guess that it would be up to almost 95%. I am currently involved in a attemped murder case where a drunk man drove his suburban into a friend of mine and then aimed for me. Also as this driver drove off, he pushed a female passenger out of the SUV at 40 MPH. When the cops caught up to him, he tried to run them down also. This case has been dragging on for over 3 years. I Don't get it. I guess most of the Kalifornia elected officials love their booze and weed.

I'm really curious to see the studies that show that the leading causes of violence are drugs and alcohol. Please produce them.

(alcohol I believe, drugs... not so much. If you mean people robbing others to get drugs then the drug is not the cause, the person is the cause: i.e. guns don't kill people, people kill people.)

blackrifle242
10-22-2009, 6:20 PM
Like I said "Related" to drugs and alcohol. Plus the drug is making them feel the need to commit a crime in order to preserve their way of life. I have never had a gun make me steal $20.00 out of my moms purse to buy ammo.

Humboldt
10-22-2009, 6:33 PM
this is a stupid thread

wash
10-22-2009, 9:17 PM
But...it's *Oakland*...how can the cost of living be high in Oakland? Don't they have to pay you just to live there? :eek:
There are very expensive places in Oakland and no where in the bay area is really cheap, not even the ghetto. If there were cheap places around here, I would live there.

whatmeworry
10-22-2009, 9:19 PM
Is is true that PPT (personal pot transfer) has to be done at an FFL (friendly farmacy location) ;)

(spelling liberties taken)

CenterX
10-22-2009, 9:43 PM

Bull Crap - you been into some cool-aid!

tpliquid1
10-23-2009, 10:19 AM
HEY HEY HEY SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.

I believe there is pot dealer in oakland right? The actual store that is.

GTXR390
10-23-2009, 11:15 AM
ahahah, this thread is funny. Drunks can own firearms, why can't potheads?