PDA

View Full Version : Just got a reply from Arnie.. Wrong bill and kinda late

Darklyte27
10-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I had emailed about AB962 and I got this repsonse just now.

Thank you for writing in opposition to Senate Bill 585. Taking the time to communicate your views is essential to good citizenship and good government.

I am pleased to inform you that I vetoed this legislation after extensive consideration of arguments from both supporters and opponents of the issue. This bill would set a confusing precedent at the state level by prohibiting one District Agricultural Association (DAA) from selling firearms and ammunition, while allowing other DAAs to continue to do so. It would also result in decreased state and local tax revenues by restricting events at the Cow Palace. To read my veto message for the bill, please visit the Official California Legislative Information website at www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I value your suggestions on how government can better serve the people of our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

510shooter510
10-21-2009, 2:33 PM
He must have been in a hurry. Still, its kinda cool you got a response.

jamesob
10-21-2009, 5:31 PM
lol, his secretary must have pushed the wrong button for the automatic response letter.

KylaGWolf
10-21-2009, 5:34 PM
I got the same one you did. I laughed like mad when I got it. I figure he didn't even bother to READ our letters in the first place. I have considered sending him another one pointing this fact out :)

coq
10-21-2009, 5:52 PM
I got the same one you did.

Me too. I got back on his website and replied, expressing my disgust.

daskraut
10-21-2009, 8:39 PM
same

97F1504RAD
10-21-2009, 8:54 PM
I got the exact same reply TWICE

woodsman
10-21-2009, 9:00 PM
I also got the same response twice on SB585 though I sent email on AB962.

Trench Broom
10-21-2009, 9:41 PM
Same here. I was like, "What the heck?" Gotta love those assistants Arnie's got workin' for him. :D

ErikTheRed
10-21-2009, 9:46 PM
Remember, Arnie's assistants are government employees, and they are only acting accordingly....... completely inept wastes of taxpayer money.

devildog999
10-21-2009, 9:49 PM
What a bunch of idiots

KylaGWolf
10-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Now not all government employees are inept. My step father worked for the Air Force and Solano County and has brains and did a great job too. But in this case the employee in question dropped the ball or assumed that since many of us probably asked him to veto both bills in the same letter only got the positive response from his office.

10-54
10-22-2009, 1:18 PM
Anybody actually receive a response letter regarding ab962?

KylaGWolf
10-22-2009, 1:33 PM
10-54 I don't think anyone has had a response on that one yet. We shall see if that happens or not.

10-54
10-22-2009, 1:42 PM
I hear ya Kyla. It's funny one of his justifications was to protect state revenues on sb585. But the huge drop in state revenues that ab962 will cause is not a concern. It's all just lip service

Lancear15
10-22-2009, 2:12 PM
Remember, Arnie's assistants are government employees, and they are only acting accordingly....... completely inept wastes of taxpayer money.

Yup, the only people who work for the government,(with very few exceptions) are the those who are to lazy or to inept to make it in the private sector.

I include my family members who work for the state in this statement. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy.

greasemonkey
10-22-2009, 2:18 PM
This bill would set a confusing precedent at the state
level....this bill would result in decreased state and local tax
revenues

Yep, got it too. Not sure how 962 doesn't set a confusing precedent or decrease state/local revenue. Or how he suddenly changed his mind on ammo registration being effective. Pretty frustrated about it but I'm glad the CGF and NRA are both on it!!

bden
10-22-2009, 6:32 PM
Same story here. Guess he wants to tout his good deeds before acknowledging his bad.

advocatusdiaboli
10-22-2009, 8:30 PM
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I believe actions speak louder than words ever do. It all seems like excuses and a snow job to me.

And note quote a few states and cities already have bans--go on-line and try to order ammo from Cabelas and watch the disclaimers pop up for not a few states and cities. It could be worse and probably will be seeing as this is just the first step and the supporters will be emboldened by victory.

He can spin it all he likes--he made a calculated political sellout. He traded ammunition purchase rights for water bill votes. It's obvious at this point.