PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Arnold!

cj cake
10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I got this in the mail today.

Thank you for writing in opposition to Senate Bill 585. Taking the time to communicate your views is essential to good citizenship and good government.

I am pleased to inform you that I vetoed this legislation after extensive consideration of arguments from both supporters and opponents of the issue. This bill would set a confusing precedent at the state level by prohibiting one District Agricultural Association (DAA) from selling firearms and ammunition, while allowing other DAAs to continue to do so. It would also result in decreased state and local tax revenues by restricting events at the Cow Palace. To read my veto message for the bill, please visit the Official California Legislative Information website at www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I value your suggestions on how government can better serve the people of our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

What a crock of $#!+

bballwizard05
10-21-2009, 10:28 AM
they dont even have to photocopy his signature onto real paper, now one of is minions can just email something with his name at the bottom! at least were saving trees... i want a new actor in SAC! BILL MURRAY! BILL MURRAY! BILL MURRAY! at least he was in stripes... might help.

Super Spy
10-21-2009, 10:58 AM
they dont even have to photocopy his signature onto real paper, now one of is minions can just email something with his name at the bottom! at least were saving trees... i want a new actor in SAC! BILL MURRAY! BILL MURRAY! BILL MURRAY! at least he was in stripes... might help.

Is Bill Murray pro 2A? If so we should all write him in.

r35
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't know his stance on the 2nd amendment, but he can sure drive a mean golf cart when he's drunk.

He was also in "Lost in Translation." So he'd get my vote.

Dr Pete
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Looking in the mail for my "letter" today.
Got reply from my representative 3 days, not even a form letter!
Was easy he was on "our side"

So WTF did Gov A. not say why he didn't engage his brain not vetoing 962?
Keep it positive not negative?
Make people loose sight of what they are trying to do?
Rant mode, gotta stop now.

Darklyte27
10-21-2009, 11:17 AM
same here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=233713

Legasat
10-21-2009, 11:21 AM
What a crock of $#!+

At least you read right through it and noticed the most important thing!

Politician speak for "I really don't care what you think!"

C.G.
10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I got one yesterday and another one today. I am sure that the pro 962 crowd got their letters as well.

Steyrlp10
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't know his stance on the 2nd amendment, but he can sure drive a mean golf cart when he's drunk.

He was also in "Lost in Translation." So he'd get my vote.

No kidding -- look at him in Zombieland - lol

Roadrunner
10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
So is Fairplex and the Alameda Fairgrounds not part of the state system? They claim to be part of certain agricultural districts. How exactly does that work?

Nevermore
10-21-2009, 1:39 PM
How long ago did you guys send your letters? I sent letters to my Assemblyman, State Senator and the Governor about AB962 and such, but I haven't received any communication back from them.

I'm assuming that, as Bay Area legislators, they'd just as soon prefer that gun owners and sportsmen and women didn't exist in their gun-free vision of paradise.

hill billy
10-21-2009, 2:04 PM
Bill Murray is very anti gun. :D

762cavalier
10-21-2009, 2:05 PM
I got two letters back from Arnie on 585 and none on 962:(

Seems he doesn't really want to explain his position on 962 to us :(

bballwizard05
10-21-2009, 2:23 PM
Bill Murray is very anti gun. :D

darn... i took a swing in the dark. ok next up then is RON WHITE! RON WHITE! RON WHITE! he drinks scotch on stage and has a southern accent.... he HAS to be pro gun!

Bizcuits
10-21-2009, 2:24 PM

Bill Murray died dude, didn't you see Zombie Land